Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #286 of 4,373

@LFC_SL: +1. I don't have any problem putting the m500's in the case with the cable still attached.

@MacedonianHero: great thread and nice work! Thanks.

Thanks! 

BTW, I figured out a way to consistently get the M500s back in their case and not have to remove their cables. Sweet! So, just the QC15s, Momentums and M500s have this ability. Kudos to the manufacturers for being able to work this in their designs.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #287 of 4,373

@LFC_SL: +1. I don't have any problem putting the m500's in the case with the cable still attached.

@MacedonianHero: great thread and nice work! Thanks.

Thanks! 

BTW, I figured out a way to consistently get the M500s back in their case and not have to remove their cables. Sweet! So, just the QC15s, Momentums and M500s have this ability. Kudos to the manufacturers for being able to work this in their designs.

I need to audition the M500's I love KEF reference speakers and the reviews are coming in strong. Perhaps they are what the B&W P5's should have been.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #288 of 4,373

I need to audition the M500's I love KEF reference speakers and the reviews are coming in strong. Perhaps they are what the B&W P5's should have been.

You really should. Next to my TH-900s (and sold W3000ANVs), these are the best closed cans I've heard. Don't mean to sound too fanatical about them, but IMO, they are that darn good!

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #289 of 4,373

You really should. Next to my TH-900s, these are the best closed cans I've heard. Don't mean to sound too fanatical about them, but IMO, they are that darn good!

Sigh...(looking at moths in the wallet...) hmmm...I wonder what is in the sofa cushions?

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #290 of 4,373

Sigh...(looking at moths in the wallet...) hmmm...I wonder what is in the sofa cushions?

There are such things as reverse mortgages
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #291 of 4,373
Sep 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #294 of 4,373
Somehow I find it hard to believe that one who has owned top cans such as 009 can still enjoy ****ty ones such as momentum and monster beats

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes it is the contrast in headphones that makes them so enjoyable and fun.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #295 of 4,373

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes it is the contrast in headphones that makes them so enjoyable and fun.

LoL, no, I think it might just be better to drag my CD player,  Bryston BDA-2 DAC, 30lbs worth of my KGSSHV amp and SR-009s around as a portable headphone solution. 
size]

Obviously that member didn't bother to read my first post where I stated I was looking for a good pair of portable headphones. 
rolleyes.gif
Why is it always the members who've been around only a few months are the one's who know everything about everything? Just because I can eat the world's best steak, doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good hamburger. Especially when on the go. 

BTW, the Momentums are fantastic headphones; why would Tyll put them on his Wall of Fame if they weren't? And the new 2013 Beats are pretty good. Not as good, but I'm happy to see them move in the right direction. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #297 of 4,373
LoL, no, I think it might just be better to drag my CD player,  Bryston BDA-2 DAC, 30lbs worth of my KGSSHV amp and SR-009s around as a portable headphone solution. :tongue_smile:

Obviously that member didn't bother to read my first post where I stated I was looking for a good pair of portable headphones. :rolleyes: Why is it always the members who've been around only a few months are the one's who know everything about everything? Just because I can eat the world's best steak, doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good hamburger. Especially when on the go. 

BTW, the Momentums are fantastic headphones; why would Tyll put them on his Wall of Fame if they weren't? And the new 2013 Beats are pretty good. Not as good, but I'm happy to see them move in the right direction. 

k3003, JH13, 5way, just to name few, they are way more consistent with your 009 in terms of transparency and high resolution.

I clearly understood what your purpose is, it was you who did not bother to think what I really meant.

Had you only owned something like HD600, it would be more sensible that you could enjoy the muffled sound from the likes of momentum and monster beats.

Your analogy of top quality steak and good hamburger logically is not correct. As long as the ingredients used are fresh and properly cooked, they both can taste good. They are two types of food, there is no such thing as one food category is superior to another. Therefore you should have used $100 steak and $10 steak, it would make more sense.

Lack of transparency just ruins everything, like stale meat ruins the whole steak.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #300 of 4,373
To be fair, not everyone likes the same kind of headphones...Maybe he just prefers other headphones?

In this audiophile world which is impregnated with misleading reviews and impressions, I have seen too many false assertions.

If momentums can be called great or fantastic, please explain in detail in what sense they make you think so?

Then why should people pursue super expensive cans such as 009 and HE90? Simply because they are "different"? Isnt it because they are truly transparent?

My point is that momentums and monster beats undeniably have good looks, but their sound quality is equally undeniably bad. (Once again, bad means not transparent sounding.)

You can recommend these momentums from whatever angle: fashion, comfort, design etc. But please stop misleading people by claiming them fantastic sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back