Chord Hugo
Jun 12, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4,651 of 15,694
The white colour is made up of the three base colours blue cyan and red in the right proportion. But it's easy to not have quite the right balance as there's no colour balancing feed back path. As there would be on a TV.

I work in VFX. White is very specific. This is very bluish green. More green than a true cyan.  But I can split hairs about colors all day.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #4,652 of 15,694
Not the advanced digital amp that's Robs baby, it's very advanced using special none silicon power devises made from gallium nitride like military radars are these days. John gave a talk on it in Malaysia last year.

Isn't the digital amp a class z design? If so, rob watts has ton of experience with that.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #4,653 of 15,694

they were posted about a month ago, you know I would assist but 313+ pages... you're on your own mate.

Ahh, that's one of the perils of sporadically subscribing to this thread

I did make the effort to read Rob Watts' informative posts, littered throughout the thread (thanks Rob, for interacting with us in this thread, I enjoy your educational contributions to the discussion), but the thread in general moves so quickly that when one unsubscribes for a while, it's possible to inadvertently overlook the occasional post here and there, even with the sincerest of intentions.

I put my hands up and admit I'm fallible!

....however, I have just checked all the images in the gallery for this thread, and can't find any comparisons between the old and new chassis, so perhaps they got lost during the unnecessary thread migration out of the Portable Source Gear forum, to the High-end Audio forum
ph34r.gif

As a public service, I have just collated and Photoshopped some images to create the necessary comparison (my thanks to Rudi for the pics of the newer chassis). You can see that the changes to the USB input end of the chassis are very subtle indeed. The output end still doesn't enough access to the 3.5mm headphone sockets, for those of us with 90° right-angled 3.5mm CIEM plugs (I was forced to use a 3.5mm=>6.5mm headphone adapter, and use the 6.5mm socket, since I didn't have a 3.5 straight plug=>3.5 socket inline adapter - I've never needed one, prior to encountering the Hugo's recessed sockets). You can also see more space around the circumference of the RCA sockets.

I realise I won't be popular for saying this, but I have to be honest about it - I feel the Hugo chassis still has significant room for improvement, particularly to those overly-recessed 3.5mm sockets.

I use to be totally overhead headphones... now I'm IEM's

IEM's slaughter headphones value & sound-wise if you go price v price but that's my personal opinion. 

Quote:
You aren't with noble anymore or am I mistaking you for someone else?

(I mean this in a friendly way) but how is that relevant to the point being made? The opinion still stands, regardless.

Just sayin'...  
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #4,654 of 15,694
I'm assuming it's the new chassis but I have nothing to compare it to cofirm.  The extender came packaged with the Hugo.  The extender and the DX90 coax both easily fit into the opening but lack a tight fit so it's easy to lose the connection with very little movement.
Same with mine I squeezed the four petal together by rolling the end of the extender at an angle gently on the table, I hope my missus doesn't see the marks.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #4,655 of 15,694
First off my RCA jacks are black and red.. Not what you show. Next is anyone fixing the fact that angle iem jack cannot work with the headphone outputs. As in my jh 13/16 jacks do not work. The Roxanne's do. How can someone make a headphone output jack and recess it. When apple did this we all needed an adaptor and people,complained wmmmmmm no one I saying anything why ?
Al

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #4,657 of 15,694
First off my RCA jacks are black and red.. Not what you show. Next is anyone fixing the fact that angle iem jack cannot work with the headphone outputs. As in my jh 13/16 jacks do not work. The Roxanne's do. How can someone make a headphone output jack and recess it. When apple did this we all needed an adaptor and people,complained wmmmmmm no one I saying anything why ?
Al
It was about the structural strength of the case chord wanted to make it very strong and to protect the connectors and the headphone plugs too if it was dropped all their products are built to last this way look up QBD Dac being driven over by a Russian t54 tank it's amazing.

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #4,658 of 15,694
Hahahaha I seen the video it was good. And I was amazed at it.
The same amazement I had when could not use almost any if my 11 pairs is CIEMS.
Get my point. Is there plan to help us
? I even tried an angle jack it did not work either
So I am using the same extender I did with my iphone
Al

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #4,659 of 15,694
OK...

I had been under the impression that there was only ever one chassis revision, but it looks like Rudi's might be an intermediate chassis revision, since yours (ALRAINBOW) appears to have fractionally more space around the circumference of the yellow coax socket. However, this might, perhaps, be an illusion, owing to the relatively low-res of Rudi's pics, so maybe there really is only one revision (incidental white/black socket colour differences, notwithstanding)

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,660 of 15,694
Lmao.
What about the headphone jacks. Has anyone found a right angle one that fits the small jacks.
Al

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4,663 of 15,694
Same with mine I squeezed the four petal together by rolling the end of the extender at an angle gently on the table, I hope my missus doesn't see the marks.

Yikes!  The wife would kill me!  But that's a good idea - I'll give it a try.  Drew at Moon Audio says he has a cable that'll fit snugly.  I may give that a try as well.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #4,664 of 15,694
  So we've got at least 3 different flavors then. Original, Rudi's 1st revision, and Al's 2nd revision.

Even the coaxial input of 2nd revision looked just a tiny bit larger than the rest. Some serial numbers would be great for comparisons.

The picture of Al's looks to be what I have in the Hugo that I received today. S/N 22099.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #4,665 of 15,694
Where did you guys, with the newest new edition, buy it? I was going to order from Custom Cable but I don't want the semi-new edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back