Chord Hugo
Jun 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #4,681 of 15,720
This would fit the Hugo socket, but I once fitted one of these Neutrik 3.5mm connectors to my Denon AH-C701 IEMs and did not find it to be reliable, longterm (the strain-relief/cable grasp of the connector didn't perform very well), but if you're a light user, then it may work well for you

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/neutrik-ntp3rc-b-35mm-right-angled-stereo-plug-n40gb

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #4,682 of 15,720
What are your impressions on Hugo with Fostex TH900? I'm quite sure TH900's will be my next headphones, and I'm looking for a simple one-box solution to drive them. Originally I was thinking about OPPO HA1 and Fostex HP-A8C, but Hugo is in similar price bracket, and has a much smaller footprint and portable properties, so it seems like a worthy option too.

Listening to Hugo + Fostex TH900 right now while typing.  Love it !  

Like this combo more ( more "fun") than Hugo + AlphaDOG   or  Hugo + LCD-XC,   but no more than Hugo + Roxane that is also an incredible combo !  

but all this is personal Taste.....

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #4,684 of 15,720
Lmao.
What about the headphone jacks. Has anyone found a right angle one that fits the small jacks.
Al

my Roxane's (right angle) jack fit perfectly !

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #4,685 of 15,720
  my HUGO hang-up sometime & need re-boot !! 

Yesterday evening, while listening "off" the battery, with a FULLY Charged battery,  it sudently shutted down, with no sound, no lights on, and no respond while I tried to turn it ON/OFF/ON/OFF.... until I plugged it into the power outlet.  
Then it restarted...

Any one experienced ? 

IS THERE A WAY TO KNOW IT'S FIRMWARE VERSION & TO UPGRADE IT'S FIRMWARE ? 

Got only one feedback from nOtEcH saying that he never experienced any hang-up.  It hapend to me 1 time per month !

-->   Am I the only one ?  Is my HUGO defective ??

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #4,686 of 15,720
Got only one feedback from nOtEcH saying that he never experienced any hang-up.  It hapend to me 1 time per month !

-->   Am I the only one ?  Is my HUGO defective ??

I have experienced a hang-up once, but never like you have described it. My music dissapered (no sound) and a restart (off and then on) fixed the problem.

Rob told me that it was probably the source (and had an explenation that I don't remember).

I have used my laptop as a source once for some hours but found the iPad Mini Retina to be better and as a source I find the iPad Mini Retina to be very stable. No dropouts, clicks etc. that I got while playing from and working on my computer.

But.. your problem seems out of the ordinary and as I said.. nothing I have experienced.
What's your source while experiencing the hang-ups?

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,687 of 15,720
When I ran mine all the way down to empty it had to be charged for about half an hour before I could use it again.

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,688 of 15,720
Yes that's the in the photo. Only two out if 11 CIEM s.
How can this be. And how can no one say anything
The DAC really us great and as the amp.
But the jack thing should have been in the box.
I mean it's more important to run the DAC over with a tank then use the thing
Al

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,689 of 15,720
I have experienced a hang-up once, but never like you have described it. My music dissapered (no sound) and a restart (off and then on) fixed the problem.

Rob told me that it was probably the source (and had an explenation that I don't remember).

I have used my laptop as a source once for some hours but found the iPad Mini Retina to be better and as a source I find the iPad Mini Retina to be very stable. No dropouts, clicks etc. that I got while playing from and working on my computer.

But.. your problem seems out of the ordinary and as I said.. nothing I have experienced.
What's your source while experiencing the hang-ups?

I am using a AK100-Optical as a source.  

The HUGO was fully charged, but sudently: No sound, no lights, no reaction to ON/OFF/ON/OFF...

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #4,690 of 15,720
When I ran mine all the way down to empty it had to be charged for about half an hour before I could use it again.

That is normal. When completly draining the batteries, Hugo's intelligent charger curcuit charges with very little current to avoid damaging the batteries, so little current that the electronics inside (for playing) doesn't start.
It will turn on as soon as the batteries are capable to play again. Perfectly normal, just as designed.

Half an hour seems like a long time though.. sure it just felt like it as you were eager to play some more? :D

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #4,691 of 15,720
That is normal. When completly draining the batteries, Hugo's intelligent charger curcuit charges with very little current to avoid damaging the batteries, so little current that the electronics inside (for playing) doesn't start.
It will turn on as soon as the batteries are capable to play again. Perfectly normal, just as designed.

Half an hour seems like a long time though.. sure it just felt like it as you were eager to play some more?
biggrin.gif

You're right. Probably less. Wanted to hear music and was a bit worried that I'd broken it, so it seemed like an eternity.

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #4,693 of 15,720

Listening to Hugo + Fostex TH900 right now while typing.  Love it !  

Like this combo more ( more "fun") than Hugo + AlphaDOG   or  Hugo + LCD-XC,   but no more than Hugo + Roxane that is also an incredible combo !  

but all this is personal Taste.....

noticed TU-05 in your signature...does that improve/change the sound to the TH900's as opposed to Hugo to TH900 direct?

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #4,694 of 15,720
I am using a AK100-Optical as a source.  

The HUGO was fully charged, but sudently: No sound, no lights, no reaction to ON/OFF/ON/OFF...

When I experienced my hang-up I believe it was my iPad Mini Retina that was plugged in, and my power too.
So my off-on success could have been influenced by the power chord being plugged in. I don't know..
I think that you should report this to Chord and ask them about this, as it seems a bit strange.

One thing I would try to rule out the source would be to decouple the source before I did the off / on.. but anyway it seems very odd that you have to plug in the power to make it start.. so you should probably talk to someone at Chord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back