Chord Hugo
Jun 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,636 of 15,694
noble k 10's never heard of them

fantastic CIEM's... great company
L3000.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #4,641 of 15,694
This thread is moving so quickly :wink: have to come back every 30 mins 

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #4,642 of 15,694
Has anyone received the RCA extenders that Chord is providing to original chassis owners? I have written a couple of emails with my info at least a few weeks back and no response.

I received an RCA extender with my new Chord.  Trouble is the fit is too loose - any little movement will affect the connection.  Same with the coax cable that came with my DX90.  The fit of that cable into the RCA extender is very tight though.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,643 of 15,694
I received an RCA extender with my new Chord.  Trouble is the fit is too loose - any little movement will affect the connection.  Same with the coax cable that came with my DX90.  The fit of that cable into the RCA extender is very tight though.

So you have new chassis? The extender you got was from Chord or third party?

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #4,644 of 15,694
Can someone point me in the direction of (or post) a photograph comparing old and new chassis, from each end?

Maybe I'm asking too soon, but no harm in asking
regular_smile .gif

Thanks

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #4,645 of 15,694
So you have new chassis? The extender you got was from Chord or third party?

I'm assuming it's the new chassis but I have nothing to compare it to cofirm.  The extender came packaged with the Hugo.  The extender and the DX90 coax both easily fit into the opening but lack a tight fit so it's easy to lose the connection with very little movement.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #4,646 of 15,694
  I have a question: When playing back DSD files in Audionirvana Mac or on Onkyo Player on iPod, both programs report DSD playback but the light is not really white. It's more light bluish-green. Audionirvana specifically says the DAC is in 64bit DSD mode. Onkyo Player is set to DoP for DSD playback. 
The sound is really good, subtly but distinctly better than the same file converted using Korg Audiogate to 88.2/24 flac.
TIA

You should get the white light when playing DSD files if the source output is DoP. Did you set the Audirvana > Preferences > Audio system> Native DSD Capability to DSD over PCM standard 1.0? On the playback, even if both players indicate DSD playback, it doesn't mean the output is in DoP. If you have set the Onkyo player to DoP for DSD Playback, it should work. Check your settings again, relaunch the app or restart the device and see if it's resolved. Oh, also check the CCk and usb connections out of the CCK. Make sure that the micro usb connector going in to the HD USB input seated securely. Try a different cable if necessary.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #4,647 of 15,694
  Can someone point me in the direction of (or post) a photograph comparing old and new chassis, from each end?

Maybe I'm asking too soon, but no harm in asking
regular_smile .gif

Thanks

they were posted about a month ago, you know I would assist but 313+ pages... you're on your own mate.

it's ok you'll be safe I'll get your back whilst you troll...
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #4,648 of 15,694
I use to be totally overhead headphones... now I'm IEM's

IEM's slaughter headphones value & sound-wise if you go price v price but that's my personal opinion. 

You aren't with noble anymore or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #4,649 of 15,694
  You should get the white light when playing DSD files if the source output is DoP. Did you set the Audirvana > Preferences > Audio system> Native DSD Capability to DSD over PCM standard 1.0? On the playback, even if both players indicate DSD playback, it doesn't mean the output is in DoP. If you have set the Onkyo player to DoP for DSD Playback, it should work. Check your settings again, relaunch the app or restart the device and see if it's resolved. Oh, also check the CCk and usb connections out of the CCK. Make sure that the micro usb connector going in to the HD USB input seated securely. Try a different cable if necessary.

Judging from Al's picture, mine is the same color. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back