Chord Hugo
May 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3,736 of 15,694

The Chord-Noble Tour is up & running at the Newport Beach Show - California, USA... here's a early photo of our set-up...
bigsmile_face.gif

Noble IEM's & Chord Hugo's at the starting blocks, get down there for a chance of winning a superb pair of Noble N4's...
tongue_smile.gif

May 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,737 of 15,694
Very nice, OK Guy - looks like a stand that will be very busy.

On a slight tangent to some of the above re how good CD-quality and iTunes downloads sound via Hugo, I'm still astounded by how good Youtube vids sound with this wunderkind. Having benched my Oppo in an electrical storm - no idea how long before I'll get it back - I shelled out a hundred bucks for a Philips BD player and I'm going to hook it to Hugo via coax to see if I can get anything resembling music from it. Some of you will recall a period on HF where people were doling out advice like 'just get a cheap DVD player for your transport and hook it up to the best DAC you can buy' - didnt take too long for people to realise that there was more to a good transport than the part number for the Sanyo/Philips/whatever drive mechanism. Still, I'm interested to see hear what Hugo does with such a humble source.

FWIW, I always get a kick out of this listing.

http://vasiltech.nm.ru/CD-Player-DAC-Transport.htm

May 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,738 of 15,694
  Do you have the La Cie Fuel? That's the one that works with the Seagate media app. I use the Seagate 2TB Wireless Plus and it works great.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seagate-media/id431912202?mt=8

The seagate media app will help you connect your ipad. It's a decent no frills media app and it's free.

Thanks! I am using La Cie Fuel 2TB because I cannot find 2TB Seagate wireless in Hong Kong. I currently use 8player as recommended here but I just tried seagate media and it could not play FLAC files?
I am thinking to use ipod touch instead of ipad mini to increase a bit more portability. I am hoping the battery life of ipod touch using wifi is decent.....

May 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #3,739 of 15,694
Glad the media app worked. I heard that it's easier to work with Apple lossless so I converted all of my flacs while copying to the drive. It didn't take much longer than copying.

Quote:

Thanks! I am using La Cie Fuel 2TB because I cannot find 2TB Seagate wireless in Hong Kong. I currently use 8player as recommended here but I just tried seagate media and it could not play FLAC files?
I am thinking to use ipod touch instead of ipad mini to increase a bit more portability. I am hoping the battery life of ipod touch using wifi is decent.....

May 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,741 of 15,694
I used a mac. There were free apps.

May 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #3,743 of 15,694
Keeps us posed on the ipod touch. I ordered the lighting cable to try the iphone 5. If I could use my phone that would be the handiest...

May 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #3,744 of 15,694
My cypher labs dac needed a special USB to lighting cable to work does the Hugo need the same ??
Al

May 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,746 of 15,694
So it's the same one then. Does the Hugo allow you to talk on the phone with it connected . All the other dacs that work with iPhones do not .
Al

May 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #3,748 of 15,694
So it's the same one then. Does the Hugo allow you to talk on the phone with it connected . All the other dacs that work with iPhones do not .
Al

Al
I only have ipad mini now...dont make me to talk to the ipad...they may send me back...

LoL

May 31, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #3,750 of 15,694
Al

The music when Hugo paired with Galaxy Note using BT. So you know that a call has arrived. May try Note3 later. Have no Iphone can cannot comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back