Chord Hugo
May 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3,676 of 15,694
No no, I don't blame you at all. It's a great product but I just didn't realise the size of both. Furthermore the inverter and the power unit is attached through a cable and can't be attached directly.

This eliminate my option of using it on the plane) could, but will look very awkward).

However, I have tested it out and it works well as USB charger and laptop charger and of course it charges my Hugo too!

It's not as portable as I thought, but it's a great product. I will find some use for it!

Good! :D
But if you want to sell it, I would buy it (except for the inverter, as I would need a 220V).

May 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,677 of 15,694
I'm curious, would a USB converter that doesn't need an external power supply (Sonicweld Diverter) work with an iPhone and a lightning/USB output?

I don't know, but I would guess that it would be too much for the iPhone, and might not work with an iPad either.. but you should try if you have the opportunity.

May 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #3,679 of 15,694
Ok ok ok so who is selling them in the USA hahahah
Al

May 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,682 of 15,694
That's the guy frank said I think hahaha
I'll find out now thanks
Al

May 29, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #3,685 of 15,694
May 29, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,686 of 15,694
Talk to Bradley. He'll hook you up.

Bradley Zimring
Audio High Los Angeles
bzimring@audiohighla.com
O: 323-939-3000
C: 310-927-3407

May 29, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #3,687 of 15,694
  I'll be sure to come over and say Hi. I'll be there Friday.

enjoy... if I was over there I'd buy you a beer but as I'm not, you can tell Brannan I said it's ok for him to buy you one...
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #3,688 of 15,694
Is it the lightning or is that a black hugo?

Nah it just the lighting! Was having a few sleepless nights listening to music nonstop with Hugo and just took a quick snap with my Note3. Though I rather like the idea of a black Hugo!

May 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #3,690 of 15,694
So I listened to the Cord Hugo again today!

First a confession...I've have a AK240 for the past 3 weeks and returned it to the store today!  Now that I've had a chance to really listen to DSD, Flac, 24/176Mhz, wav and 16/44.100Mhz recording.  I've learned much about the sound and capability of the AK. It's an amazing device but I just keep coming back to the Cord Hugo...  

I had about 1.5 hours to play the same source files and listen to the Hugo again today. Damm I hate this device (joking)... It keeps haunting me every time I listen to it...

Now I need help from my friends at Head-Fi.

I'm really leaning towards purchasing the Hugo BUT before I do I need to select the "playback" unit that I will need to pair with it.... My commute is 2 hours each way via train so I have a lot of time but the playback unit I select to go with the Hugo must be ideally "thin" and very portable.  Not big or clunky and the two devices must fit in my pocket like the Hugo does.

My questions:
  • I just don't know what portable source device to connect to it.?  Suggestions are welcome
  • Also if you suggest something please tell me what type of connectors I will need to make it work?
  • I heard you need a USB connector to play DSD.   Is this true?
  • Can you play DSD source via the optical or coax cable? 
  • Is the coax cable better regarding  SQ then the optical cable is?
  • I would like a min of 64gb of storage with a player cable of the DSD, Flac, wav and other formats listed above  In addition to at least 4 hours of run time before I need to charge the playback device.

My IEM are the Shure SE-846...
Thank you in advance...
Respectfully,
Speedracer1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back