Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #5,491 of 35,472

Ostry is better than T1E? I know its a personal opinion but now I'm confused which one to buy with T1E, Havi and KC06 on my head..

^
Personally i prefer the KC06 over both the T1E and even the GR07 BE these days cuz my main portable sources (i.e my Nokia N9) has a weak sauce amp, but they gel CRAZY well with the Ostry KC06 and drives them beautifully with some slight power left. My cellphone can't drive the T1E loud enough to sound amaze balls that's fo' sho.

But really it comes down to personal preferences and sound siggys tbh, if you want a deep, bassy and a clear fun musical sound from top to bottom the T1E is your budget-fi key to audio nirvana. But if you want a musical sound that has very good quality bass with ample quantity that is ALSO a bit analytical with amaze ball wide sound staging/ good 3Desque atmosphere and is crazy easy to drive you can't really go wrong with the Ostry KC06.

Havi.......

@sfwalcer

Burn those babies.

Bass will go beyond the GR07BE in terms of rumble and speed.

Imaging will improve. Texture will improve.

Treble will settle and any brightness that you think is fatiguing will disappear.

^
yeppp the T1Es bass rumble and speed is better than the GR07 BEs but is still missing that texture i love on the BEs though. It is that texture in the bass that gives it A LOT of depth which makes it sound so unique in my book. The only IEM that has a similar texture to the BE is the KC06.

Hence this is why i would place them as one of the top bass centric iems on all the ones i have posted so far....
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-singolos-pg1644-doppios-pg1197/11970#post_9617130

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-singolos-pg1644-doppios-pg1197/13635#post_9765146

Not quite on the ATH CKS1000/ GR07 BE level but is close. Depending on your sound signature preference they are on par if not better than the JVC FXZ200, Sony XB90EX, Zero Audio Basso, Nuforce NE-700M, Philips Fidelio S2, JVC FXD80, ATH CKN70, Sony XBA-3 to name a few and is better than the Corecool V2, ATH CKS-77X, JVC FX3X, fo' sho.

Sfwalcer needs to finally listen to the Havi. It will convert you to a flat/analytical lover. It did for me. Even the Dunu-DN2000 couldn't beat it for me.

...... Havi would love to hear them one of these days but like i said my portable sources are weak sauce and i mostly use IEMs on the go so i don't really see a need/ good reason to buy them. Ya'll say that they have even less bass quantity than the KC06 which i am sure is not enough for my needs so....plus their looks just doesn't do it for me (i know i am superficial like that). 
tongue.gif

MY TURN!!! 
etysmile.gif

Impressions below(took me forever to write and was written with objectivity & fun in mind; hope you like it!)

Warning lots of pictures incoming! ...because I got lots of toys into today 
biggrin.gif

Sorry if some of them aren't too high quality off my smartphone, and because I have shaky hands from low blood sugars sometimes... Don't worry I ate something.  
The odd one out is some of my new rock climbing shoes, the Futura from La Sportiva, for any rock climbing fans/enthusiasts out there like myself. Any questions on these I'll answer as well!
smile.gif
 Anyways, I digress. 

I got another pair of Tenore, and these have sound almost identical to my other ones. Maybe a hair less bass, but that could be due to burn-in. Dunno. Basically, I really REALLY love the Tenore's sound. Nuff' said.  

On to new things! 

The GemTune WS1.2 Bluebird $46
This little amp is pretty dang powerful! Great clean sound, with bass AND mids a bit more forward for a little warmth and nice details added to boot. It also comes with a handy & capable, but cheap-feeling 2x 9v battery & wall charger. The included cable is leaps ahead in quality vs. the one a few pictures below. I've quite enjoyed it from the get go minus EMI, which I now know what it is
frown.gif
 If anyone can help me to understand it more/get rid of it that would be helpful. Anyways, my first portable amp... well of two hehe

Size comparison to my average sized hands for anyone curious.

Oh, cool. Another toy! The Topping NX1 $43
This amp is very clean as well. It's also tiny!! And I can hear the very slight v-shape that people mentioned I think. Great details as well! Big pro: battery life. At first I didn't think the NX1 was very loud or powerful compared to the BlueBird though my phone goes loud, but then I saw the switch for the high gain haha. It still isn't quite as powerful as the BlueBird though, and they both go plenty loud for my liking. At this point I prefer the BlueBird!
Big EMI problem with my phone on both of these amps
angry_face.gif
 I don't have any desktop amps right now, so I am using them for that until I get the noise interference sorted out or get a different portable player that doesn't instigate EMI. Don't know if that is possible, someone enlighten me please 
redface.gif

The little added accessories with the NX1 were nice(velco and rubber bands)
It looks like you need your own charger for the NX1 though they have supplied the cable.

A little photo comparo of accessories(by their respective amps) and size. The GemTune is about twice the depth, but otherwise pretty close to the same in width & length. 

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for(and me too!!!) The TTPOD T1-E
First off, I would like to thank @Hisoundfi for talking these up! Some thanks also go to @audiohurric4ne and @mochill for their impressions before I ordered these! And @sfwalcer after the fact!

Just look at it

The nice, professional-looking accessory package of the T1-E!

Standard iem bag and a nice shirt clip, but the TTPOD branding on them is a nice touch.
I personally use this one that I researched/found to hold 3-4 iems; also recommended by Joker in a post I saw once. I mean 6 bucks for a hard case to hold 3-4 iems or 1 source & 2-3 iems  or 2 sources & 1-2 iems is a no brainer in my opinion(Brown and Red are $6, other colors more) I highly recommend taking a look at it if you want to safely carry around multiple iems in your backpack or maybe cargo pants, since it won't fit in your standard jean or shorts pocket I don't think. End of tangent...

Tips! and Comfort!
The colored ones don't seal as well since they are stiffer for me, but a plus is they look cool lol. This is how it came out of box; I switched to the larger bore medium pictured here afterwards and found them great! These iems are so ergonomic and comfortable to me. Way better than Yamaha EPH-100 and JVC HA-FXD80 in terms of comfort. Really just as comfortable as the Philips SHE3590 and Tenore if not a little better. I know, I know that doesn't seems possible; it's mainly just the deep insertion vs. moderate to shallow insertion of these makes them more comfortable. Super lightweight. Sturdily built. Ergonomic. The whole package for me!

For those of you who like sturdy, lightweight, clever, and ergonomic y-splitters & chin sliders... Rejoice! (if you want, you don't have to though)
I am somewhat meticulous I guess you could say, and just wanted to note on the quality/functionality of it. Just great all-around attention to detail from TTPOD. Bravo on this iem!!! ...if you ever read this *tips hat*

A couple glorious shots from my phone of them. They look pretty sick to be honest. Well, imo at least 
regular_smile .gif

Just look at it take#2

What do I think about them? Sound? Huh? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. HOLY CRAP! THESE THINGS ARE FREAKING AMAZING! PERIOD! Especially for the price. I'm so happy I bought them, new toy syndrome aside as well. @Hisoundfi was right on the money! Crisp. Not too bright, not too warm, and fairly smooth sounding. And I am sensitive to treble. To reiterate, they are not too bright or fatiguing! Yay, a happy medium!!! Great for me and my musical tastes which mainly include electronic/edm stuff like dubstep, chillstep, and progressive house, as well as alternative, rock, and pop with mainly female vocals. And N64 video game OSTs, anyone?

These match the Tenore in terms of musical enjoyment & similar technicality and even surpass them at times. They are just different. The two complement each well imo; it appears they are also both great for long listening sessions. The timbre in the mids and bass is excellent. The bass is tighter sounding yet somehow more impactful than other earphones like the Tenore and JVC HA-FXD80 oddly enough. I just don't understand; the sub-bass is satisfying, the mid-bass satisfying, lower mids satisfying, upper mids satisfying, lower treble satis... well you get the picture.

For those that have the T1-E or are getting it. When you do get it or if you have it, listen to these songs: 
https://soundcloud.com/urbanbudapest/dum-dee-dum-jikay-remix
https://soundcloud.com/alunageorge/attracting-flies-baauer-remix
They really showcase the bass these have!!! And overall sound, just phenomenal!

I don't find the mids recessed really, though these are just slightly v-shaped without an amp. They just aren't quite as forward and lush as something like the Tenore. And they sure aren't as pushed back as the HA-FXD80, where I notice it more. They are just really nice.

The upper mids/lower treble are of course somewhat brighter & crisper than the Tenore to my ears, but way less than FXD-80 which is good for me! Maybe on the level of or just very slightly below my Yamaha HPH-200. Detailed, but not gobs of it. 

The soundstage is great to my ears, although I'm not too experienced at listening for it & describing it. Not mind blowing, but still fairly large in width & depth with a good, well-rounded sonic image. I'd say that's a safe assessment. I also think the Tenore have a pretty good soundstage for reference. These just sound more dynamic. The open-back HPH-200 beat both of them here of course 
wink_face.gif
 But not by as much as one would think...

So in conclusion, I fully recommend the GemTune WS1.2 BlueBird and the awesome TTPOD T1-E. I would also recommend the Topping NX1 as it seems great as well, I just haven't used it as much yet. I mean 100+hrs! that alone is probably enough to warrant an amp recommendation, right? As always, the Tenores are sweet and get some love too! Let's hope I don't have any problems with this pair as well.

Well those are my toys and impressions guys. Let me know if the way I write was fun & engaging or maybe just a little too weird/out there for you haha. I'm curious.
Hope you enjoyed the read(and hidden videos!)
smile.gif
 Great time to be in the sub-$100 world of iems and audio!

Thanks for reading and stay classy HeadFi 
cool.gif

Alex

^
Congrats on the BIG HAUL!!!
Sweet impressions, and would have to agree that these T1E are just as a great bargain as the Tenores/ Sony MH1/C etc, but doesn't really bests them cuz those two are just sooo capable for sooo cheap as well so.... personal sonic preference is KEY!!! 

I try to be pretty chill and understanding most of the time... but in this case, I felt that was warranted.

^
Welp can't say it's not tempting to flip such expensive review samples if i was able to get them in myself, but wouldn't it be A LOT smarter to do it on ebay???
blink.gif
I know you have to deal with ebay fees and such but c'mon flipping obvious review samples here and making it sooo overt is just plain stupid.

Plus that fool don't even sell them for cheap here on head-fi, so where's the HOOK-UP for the community!!! BOOOOO!!! That's what really gets to me.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #5,492 of 35,472
I love my GR07BE, but I'm preferring these t1e lately. Main reason being that the highs are good and don't ever get too bright that I ever have to turn them down.

^
yeppp sound signature/ personal preference is key. The T1E has more of what i would call a conventional tuning/ sound presentation that has great clarity, dynamics from top to bottom esp. bass quantity and quality but i am just not hearing anything from them that makes them sound THAT unique tbh. I guess i am just CRAZY picky regarding my conventional bass-centric IEMs/gears cuz i have hear so many of them. But yeah for me the bass quality of the GR07 BEs and the Ostry KC06 has similar characteristics as those from my custom modded ortho Fostex T50RPs which has some of the best bass texture/ quality i have heard to date. 

This is the reason i am so harsh regarding those piss_ton cuz to me they just didn't even live up to their hype even in the bass department and that's what they have in abundance sadly. The bass of the Nuforce NE-700M is much more audiophile basshead worthy just like these T1Es, but it's still the conventional variant and nothing really that special sounding even though they have both great quality/ quantity.

Guess what i am trying to say and getting at is that there are differentiations/ layers to what we simply call "bass", and i am sure warren can chime in on this cuz he seems to have more experience with orthodynamic cans such as the LCD lineup along with others. The bass texture of orthos just have this unique quality to them that is tight, deep, and punchy that is just bounces off of your eardrums with effortless ease which makes it very satisfying and in comparison makes most conventional dynamic / BA IEMs sound a bit hollow/ empty and lacking (ie: Philips Fidelio X1).

So far the bass of the GR07 BE, Ostry KC06, ATH CKS1000 (also there but not quite) all have that quality/texture i stated above due to their tuning/ driver housing material???

Hmmm maybe this is what tube roller experiences as well, cuz the Schiit Vali amp has this quality to them as well. It is a bass texture/ sound that has great flavor to them if that makes any sense. LoL

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #5,493 of 35,472
I haven't been keeping up that much with the thread lately, but now I'm looking for some cheap (read ~$30 at most) and durable IEM. Anything better than the Pistons for that? Maybe something with less bass?

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #5,494 of 35,472
I haven't been keeping up that much with the thread lately, but now I'm looking for some cheap (read ~$30 at most) and durable IEM. Anything better than the Pistons for that? Maybe something with less bass?

Maybe the LG Quadbeat or Quadbeat 2. I dunno if they beat the pistons, but they give great value under $30. They're more of a clear, less bassy sound. Joker gave them a 10/10 value and liked the soundstage and clarity for the price. I haven't heard the Quadbeat 2 but I believe it has a little more bass. 

This is the reason i am so harsh regarding those piss_ton cuz to me they just didn't even live up to their hype even in the bass department and that's what they have in abundance sadly. The bass of the Nuforce NE-700M is much more audiophile basshead worthy just like these T1Es, but it's still the conventional variant and nothing really that special sounding even though they have both great quality/ quantity.

So would you compare it to the NE-700? I had the NE-700x and thought it was a great bass IEM while still maintaining pretty good clarity and detail. I like less bass in my IEMs these days so if they're on that level, probably not for me.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #5,495 of 35,472
I love my GR07BE, but I'm preferring these t1e lately. Main reason being that the highs are good and don't ever get too bright that I ever have to turn them down.

That sounds like a reason I would prefer them if I had the BE as I am more sensitive to treble than you and sf I think, and probably most here. Vsonic is usually known for their hot/bright treble it seems, and it seems Ostry is sorta taking to that trend except edgy/energetic. Dunu and Tpeos as well but maybe more peaky than hot. I would say Zero Audio and TTPOD(though they only have two offerings so far) are generally less trebly <--- (dat word doe, tis' interesting)

^
yeppp sound signature/ personal preference is key. The T1E has more of what i would call a conventional tuning/ sound presentation that has great clarity, dynamics from top to bottom esp. bass quantity and quality but i am just not hearing anything from them that makes them sound THAT unique tbh. I guess i am just CRAZY picky regarding my conventional bass-centric IEMs/gears cuz i have hear so many of them. But yeah for me the bass quality of the GR07 BEs and the Ostry KC06 has similar characteristics as those from my custom modded ortho Fostex T50RPs which has some of the best bass texture/ quality i have heard to date. 

Guess what i am trying to say and getting at is that there are differentiations/ layers to what we simply call "bass", and i am sure warren can chime in on this cuz he seems to have more experience with orthodynamic cans such as the LCD lineup along with others. The bass texture of orthos just have this unique quality to them that is tight, deep, and punchy that is just bounces off of your eardrums with effortless ease which makes it very satisfying and in comparison makes most conventional dynamic / BA IEMs sound a bit hollow/ empty and lacking (ie: Philips Fidelio X1).

So far the bass of the GR07 BE, Ostry KC06, ATH CKS1000 (also there but not quite) all have that quality/texture i stated above due to their tuning/ driver housing material???

Hmmm maybe this is what tube roller experiences as well, cuz the Schiit Vali amp has this quality to them as well. It is a bass texture/ sound that has great flavor to them if that makes any sense. LoL

"yeppp sound signature/ personal preference is key."
Truest statement today

I think the FXD80 have pretty great bass texture to me. A bit better than T1-E. And better than Tenore or SHE3590.

Um, Pistons are good under $30. Philips SHE3590 have a little less bass, more balance, and are less refined/technical but great for $10-15 imo. T1-E is a great value at $36! if you can stretch it. I don't know much else below 30 or even $40; someone else will probably chime in.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #5,496 of 35,472

^
Hmmm notice you got the LG Quadbeat 2s, so would you say those are better than the piss_tons???

I still say the Sony MH1/C is better then those LGs and you can get them for only $16 shipped on ebay if you can handle that dumb cable of theirs.....

But something with less bass for around $30 it would have to be the tenores if you can get them used on the sales forums. If you can up your budget a bit and don't want to wait, the TTPOD T1E is a great option. Much better than the piss_tons in terms of dynamics and clarity, with a faster punchier bass, lusher more forward minds and better treble extension. It's not warm, thick/ slow like the piss_tons though if that's what you prefer cuz their sound is more energetic and lively similar to the LG QB2 but more refined. These TTPOD T1E bests those LG fo' sho for me. :  )

So would you compare it to the NE-700? I had the NE-700x and thought it was a great bass IEM while still maintaining pretty good clarity and detail. I like less bass in my IEMs these days so if they're on that level, probably not for me.

^
Yeppp i was talking about the newer NE-700s, specifically the NE-700M which is just like the 700X but has a mic on it in gold/tan color. And they are indeed a great sounding bass centric IEM that does justice to the mids and highs as well. They got the total package esp. if you are a bass, more specifically a sub bass lover. Makes the JVC FXZ200 sound like an overpriced bass cannon one trick pony that they are. haha
basshead.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #5,497 of 35,472

^
Congrats on the BIG HAUL!!!
Sweet impressions, and would have to agree that these T1E are just as a great bargain as the Tenores/ Sony MH1/C etc, but doesn't really bests them cuz those two are just sooo capable for sooo cheap as well so.... personal sonic preference is KEY!!! 

Thanks man haha!

I would say as an overall package the T1-E might represent a better value taking into account fit & comfort(subjective though they should work for most everyone I think), build quality & durability, the cable/y-splitter/chin slider, and tips even if they are all capable enough in sound. No build quality/driver issues reported, well yet. No annoying J-cable. And I agree looks are nice too! 
wink.gif
 The T1-E are more unique and not as quite as bland as the either of the others.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #5,498 of 35,472
  I think the FXD80 have pretty great bass texture to me. A bit better than T1-E. And better than Tenore or SHE3590.

^
i actually REALLY liked/enjoyed those FXD80 when i had them in for an audition. My head-fi audio journey would probably have been VERY different now if i had them from the beginning instead of the FXD70s. haha Now those FXD70s is what i would call HOT TREBLE. LoL
triportsad.gif
But overall despite they were pretty balanced across the board and was pretty fun sounding, they just sound a bit tiny (not really congested but more no BIG SOUND WOW factor wise) despite their open back design.

The FXD80 is still a very capable/ good sounding iem, but i have hear better back then (ie: GR07 BE/ Sony XBA-3) and didn't feel like i really needed them in my collection if you knowhatimeng so....

The sound of these TTPOD T1Es in comparison will make those FXD80s sound a bit tiny/ cold and artificial cuz carbon nano tube iems seems to all have those traits for some reason.....

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #5,501 of 35,472
   Thanks man haha!

I would say as an overall package the T1-E might represent a better value taking into account fit & comfort(subjective though they should work for most everyone I think), build quality & durability, the cable/y-splitter/chin slider, and tips even if they are all capable enough in sound. No build quality/driver issues reported, well yet. No annoying J-cable. And I agree looks are nice too! 
wink.gif
 The T1-E are more unique and not as quite as bland as the either of the others.

^
yeppp, the T1-E has amazing comfort for me, crazy light easy/ simple insertion with zero driver flex. Sounds great no matter which tips you throw on them so their sound is pretty consistent.

Besides the springy/ slightly rubbery cable there's not much to complain about really. One of the most comfy IEMs i have tried to date. :  )

edit: forgot to mention that they isolation is pretty well, better than the Ostry KC06 and not vacuum seal like the tenores so it's right in between which is above average for me as mochill already stated.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #5,502 of 35,472
Topping nx1 is really good except for two things...

#1 where is the bass boost button? :-[ nNo Bass Boost ..only Low n High Gain

#2 what's up with all the EMI on this? It's not really for portable use if you can't use it with a cell phone without the static. Me dont use with cell phone ...but when me used with me samsung S2 ...not that bad EMI ...sorry to hear that ..also me dont like rubber band covering the screen of phone ....cant access the phone screen ...

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #5,503 of 35,472
Ah review samples. That would have been nice on my wallet if I was ever able to get them. lol.

Problem is, if a manufacturer was gracious enough to provide one, I could never bring myself to slam the product if it wasn't very good. With user provide reviews, there is no incentive. It's why Newegg and Amazon user reviews are so highly coveted and looked upon.

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #5,504 of 35,472
  ^
i actually REALLY liked/enjoyed those FXD80 when i had them in for an audition. My head-fi audio journey would probably have been VERY different now if i had them from the beginning instead of the FXD70s. haha Now those FXD70s is what i would call HOT TREBLE. LoL
triportsad.gif
But overall despite they were pretty balanced across the board and was pretty fun sounding, they just sound a bit tiny (not really congested but more no BIG SOUND WOW factor wise) despite their open back design.

The FXD80 is still a very capable/ good sounding iem, but i have hear better back then (ie: GR07 BE/ Sony XBA-3) and didn't feel like i really needed them in my collection if you knowhatimeng so....

The sound of these TTPOD T1Es in comparison will make those FXD80s sound a bit tiny/ cold and artificial cuz carbon nano tube iems seems to all have those traits for some reason.....

Haha! I sorta like them, but not as much now that I have the T1-E, Havi B3 Pro 1, and Tenore. These named fit my signature preferences better. I am really curious what they would get on Joker's scale as the FXD80 are an 8.7 which is great for $60-65 now.  I am really sensitive to treble, and I have to EQ the FXD80s down because of their brightness. Otherwise I realize they are pretty capable as you said. I need to sell them & my Astrotecs as they don't fit me & my tastes well, and someone else should be enjoying them! I also have Auvio tips with them.

Again, correct! The T1-E is way more natural in the mids and especially highs to me. The T1-E are big, hifi energy that's non-fatiguing, love em'... so dang fun 
ksc75smile.gif

^
yeppp, the T1-E has amazing comfort for me, crazy light easy/ simple insertion with zero driver flex. Sounds great no matter which tips you throw on them so their sound is pretty consistent.

Besides the springy/ slightly rubbery cable there's not much to complain about really. One of the most comfy IEMs i have tried to date. :  )

edit: forgot to mention that they isolation is pretty well, better than the Ostry KC06 and not vacuum seal like the tenores so it's right in between which is above average for me as mochill already stated.

I don't think I will EVER find a better fit than them, period. Just so nice, fairly good isolation, extremely comfortable like you said. Pop em' in and forget, lose yourself to the music provided you found a tip size&depth that fit your ear. I haven't tip rolled since the wide bore stock mediums just do it for me 
biggrin.gif

The cable is greatly, solidly made and protected, just the memory is slightly annoying. That's my only (small)beef too. All three of our impressions of them seem to somewhat fall in line with each other, which is great. We need consistency for hype haha! Audiohurric4ne didn't like them for metal, which he said is 99.9% of his library, otherwise I think he said they were good. Mochill had a few impressions too. I'm half expecting to maybe get a few questions on them cause of their sweet looks imo.

I could see that about the isolation; though I haven't heard an ostrich. The Havi would also fall in between for me.

Topping nx1 is really good except for two things...

#1 where is the bass boost button? :-[ nNo Bass Boost ..only Low n High Gain

#2 what's up with all the EMI on this? It's not really for portable use if you can't use it with a cell phone without the static. Me dont use with cell phone ...but when me used with me samsung S2 ...not that bad EMI ...sorry to hear that ..also me dont like rubber band covering the screen of phone ....cant access the phone screen ...

I get bad EMI from both of my amps with my Droid RAZR MAXX HD; airplane mode is a must for me. Though I haven't really used them on the go yet.
Could use the velcro maybe?

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #5,505 of 35,472
  Ah review samples. That would have been nice on my wallet if I was ever able to get them. lol.

Problem is, if a manufacturer was gracious enough to provide one, I could never bring myself to slam the product if it wasn't very good. With user provide reviews, there is no incentive. It's why Newegg and Amazon user reviews are so highly coveted and looked upon.

^
Welp you don't have to "slam" it per se if it wasn't any good. Just simply state how it sounds/ performs would be more than suffice tbh. I have gotten deals/ free stuff that other head-fier hooked me up but that didn't stop me from stating how i honestly felt about them. Though i did feel that i was killin' their hype buzz a bit with my honest take on them. haha

WHO AM I KIDDING I UTTERLY OBLITERATED THAT TDK MT300 HYPE TRAIN/ THREAD THOSE CANNED LAND DOODS SO GRACIOUSLY HOOKED ME UP WITH. LMAO
tongue.gif

Haha! I sorta like them, but not as much now that I have the T1-E, Havi B3 Pro 1, and Tenore. These named fit my signature preferences better. I am really curious what they would get on Joker's scale as the FXD80 are an 8.7 which is great for $60-65 now.  I am really sensitive to treble, and I have to EQ the FXD80s down because of their brightness. Otherwise I realize they are pretty capable as you said. I need to sell them & my Astrotecs as they don't fit me & my tastes well, and someone else should be enjoying them! I also have Auvio tips with them.

Again, correct! The T1-E is way more natural in the mids and especially highs to me. The T1-E are big, hifi energy that's non-fatiguing, love em'... so dang fun 
ksc75smile.gif

I don't think I will EVER find a better fit than them, period. Just so nice, fairly good isolation, extremely comfortable like you said. Pop em' in and forget, lose yourself to the music provided you found a tip size&depth that fit your ear. I haven't tip rolled since the wide bore stock mediums just do it for me 
biggrin.gif

The cable is greatly, solidly made and protected, just the memory is slightly annoying. That's my only (small)beef too. All three of our impressions of them seem to somewhat fall in line with each other, which is great. We need consistency for hype haha! Audiohurric4ne didn't like them for metal, which he said is 99.9% of his library, otherwise I think he said they were good. Mochill had a few impressions too. I'm half expecting to maybe get a few questions on them cause of their sweet looks imo.

^
Damn it ya'll keep talkin' about those Havi B3 Pro 1s, but the bass quantity is REALLY stopping me from getting them. Do they REALLY have less bass than the original Ostry KC06???

Do they even have any sub bass at all??? LoL
deadhorse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back