Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5,506 of 35,472
  Damn it ya'll keep talkin' about those Havi B3 Pro 1s, but the bass quantity is REALLY stopping me from getting them. Do they REALLY have less bass than the original Ostry KC06???

Do they even have any sub bass at all??? LoL
deadhorse.gif

Less midbass than the KC06. More subbass than the RE-400.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #5,509 of 35,472
They may not have natural bass but they really really handle a bit of EQ well on the low end. When powered properly of course.

On a side note I mayyy have just jumped into the full size cans pretty heavily so it's possible that the T1E will be my last Asian IEM for a while...  
eek.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #5,510 of 35,472
  Hory shiet. Since when was the Master Troll here? Why is he here? Most of all, why didn't you guys tell me?!?!

O Master Troll, we worship your majesty and your trolling prowess...
All hail the Master Troll! ALL HAIL I SAY!

^
Thanks for the kind words of worship but ehhh don't be a delulu fan boi meng!!!
ksc75smile.gif

ehhh i have been on this thread since its inception but just haven't posted much, been on lurk mode most of the tyme until ya'll got me interested in those TTPOD T1-Es.
ph34r.gif

Guess i got trolled.
tongue.gif

They may not have natural bass but they really really handle a bit of EQ well on the low end. When powered properly of course.

On a side note I mayyy have just jumped into the full size cans pretty heavily so it's possible that the T1E will be my last Asian IEM for a while...  
eek.gif

^
You seriously ain't gonna try VSonic upcoming VSD5s??? RIGHT!!!
wink.gif

Holding out for those meng, damn it hurry the Fff up VSonic.
mad.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #5,511 of 35,472

Damn it ya'll keep talkin' about those Havi B3 Pro 1s, but the bass quantity is REALLY stopping me from getting them. Do they REALLY have less bass than the original Ostry KC06???

Do they even have any sub bass at all??? LoL
deadhorse.gif

I think Bhazard is probably right on; they have a sufficient amount, just not really impactful. It fits the signature nicely. Something with less would not sound too good to me I don't think. Yes, the quantity overall isn't near the T1-E and a little closer to the Tenore, though still not too close lol. I think the sub-bass layer and mid-bass punch is of nice quality though, again, not impactful. I agree, better in the sub-bass doe. With the Havi it's more about the mids, highs, crispness, layering, separation, soundstage, and balance than bass. I quite like them after tip rolling some. I don't like the fit that much though, so I'm glad skipped something like the VSD3S...

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #5,512 of 35,472

eek.gif

Well, good thing you picked a good solid offering that's BUILT for the last one 
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #5,514 of 35,472
Holly crap, why didn't I buy Havi B3 Pro I earlier?!?  Just listening to these out of the box right now, and grinning from one ear to the other.  Very detailed sound, AMAZING sound stage.  NO need for amp driving it from AP100, though that DAP has a strong internal amp to begin with.  Regarding bass, it's there in a perfect quality and above average quantity but it's not on the same level as mid-bass punch of KC06A or sub-bass of VSD3S.  It's either me getting older and re-evaluating my listening habits, or after recent review of HP150, but I'm shifting away from commercial v-shaped or bass-head IEMs/phones.

Btw, listening to B3ProI with included large hybrid tips (the best balance between bass and mids/treble due to smaller diameter bore opening and longer hybrid stem) with only 10min of burn in time - and I'm loving it!!!  Works both with wire down and up, but in-ear fitment better with wire up.  Need to burn in more before final assessment since I'm not sure if bass will settle down and upper mids/treble will get brighter and/or smoother, etc.  So far these sound closer to balanced-neutral signature due to a noticeable bass impact (though not in a big quantity, but great quality) and neutral/reference like highs.  RE400 sounds veiled in comparison to Havis, not as much details in upper mids/treble and more neutral bass.  Will burn in more and come back with more impressions later.  I didn't even get to amping it, and I can tell for sure it will improve the details

Oh, and TT1E is next on the list to test.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #5,515 of 35,472
  I think Bhazard is probably right on; they have a sufficient amount, just not really impactful. It fits the signature nicely. Something with less would not sound too good to me I don't think. Yes, the quantity overall isn't near the T1-E and a little closer to the Tenore, though still not too close lol. I think the sub-bass layer and mid-bass punch is of nice quality though, again, not impactful. I agree, better in the sub-bass doe. With the Havi it's more about the mids, highs, crispness, layering, separation, soundstage, and balance than bass. I quite like them after tip rolling some. I don't like the fit that much though, so I'm glad skipped something like the VSD3S...

^
God please don't tell me those B3 Pro 1s have soft bass??? If they have the same quantity/ quality as the tenores i would be happy with that, but i can't stand soft, slow, thick bass tbh. I need that punchiness, slam, depth and some speed for the music i listen to esp. for my hip hop needs which is mostly Korean Hip Hop. haha : P

i have reservations regarding how these B3s would fit me as well, hence why i am still holding out. :  (

But i probably don't have a problem with them i hope just like the new VSonic VSD overears lineup.

I bet that VSD5 will be released only next year 
angry_face.gif

I loved my VSD3S, and I`m really looking for the VSD5.

^
i REALLY hope not, cuz if so that would SUCK. But look on the bright side, that would give us wayyy more than enough tyme to save up for them.
triportsad.gif

Oh and just to proof that i ain't trollin' ya'll.
bigsmile_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/1905#post_10671076

^
Wokei achieved god_hood troll_hood right derrrr!!! :wink:

Congrats you're a BIG boi now, just made the big leagues. hoho
cool.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #5,517 of 35,472
  Holly crap, why didn't I buy Havi B3 Pro I earlier?!?  Just listening to these out of the box right now, and grinning from one ear to the other.  Very detailed sound, AMAZING sound stage.  NO need for amp driving it from AP100, though that DAP has a strong internal amp to begin with.  Regarding bass, it's there in a perfect quality and above average quantity but it's not on the same level as mid-bass punch of KC06A or sub-bass of VSD3S.  It's either me getting older and re-evaluating my listening habits, or after recent review of HP150, but I'm shifting away from commercial v-shaped or bass-head IEMs/phones.

Btw, listening to B3ProI with included large hybrid tips (the best balance between bass and mids/treble due to smaller diameter bore opening and longer hybrid stem) with only 10min of burn in time - and I'm loving it!!!  Works both with wire down and up, but in-ear fitment better with wire up.  Need to burn in more before final assessment since I'm not sure if bass will settle down and upper mids/treble will get brighter and/or smoother, etc.  So far these sound closer to balanced-neutral signature due to a noticeable bass impact (though not in a big quantity, but great quality) and neutral/reference like highs.  RE400 sounds veiled in comparison to Havis, not as much details in upper mids/treble and more neutral bass.  Will burn in more and come back with more impressions later.  I didn't even get to amping it, and I can tell for sure it will improve the details

Oh, and TT1E is next on the list to test.

^
ahahahahahaha HYPED!!!
beerchug.gif

Let me know how the bass plays out. Anyone wanna' hook me up with a set to audition or something.
redface.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,518 of 35,472
Just had a few minutes with T1E.  Definitely needs a burn in, because I got an impression from reading all the impressoins about these having a strong bass while out of the box it's a bit overwhelming with upper mids (almost mid forward, throwing off balance).  But I hope mids will settle down and bass will rise up :)  Btw, AWESOME design and I like those funky hybrid tips!

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #5,519 of 35,472

^
ahahahahahaha HYPED!!!
beerchug.gif

Let me know how the bass plays out. Anyone wanna' hook me up with a set to audition or something.
redface.gif

Need to burn in for sure before talking about bass.  The same with T1E.  I don't buy into hype, just trust my ears :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back