Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #4,936 of 35,472
It is a similar signature to the h3

And what about the fitting?
They don`t look very comfortable.

I`ll buy only one more IEM this year, I don`t have a lot of money and also I`ll buy a E11k or the E10k, and start saving for a good full-size headphone.
I already have the VSD3S, and bought the Havi B3 Pro 1 ( it should arrive in two or three weeks ), I was looking for the KC06, now I don`t know which one I should get, maybe the cheaper 
biggrin.gif

mochill wrote that he was going to do a review, maybe I`ll wait for one last review.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #4,938 of 35,472
Kc06 is better than the vsd3s but close to the ttpod t1E :blush:...both have different signature, depends on what you looking for.... I'm in the burn in process with them kc06A first then the kc06 gold...and will likely add the altone200 in the mix as well as the havi b3 pro 1:blush:

Do you think the KC06 is worth the US$20+ against the T1-E?

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #4,939 of 35,472
Depends on what you are looking for? The T1e has more bass quantity and from what I've read quality. KC06 does imaging, separation, soundstage, a bit better from my understanding. I had the Ostry, and I just couldn't dig the fit (the seal was fine. The comfort not so much, and the wire is Schitt), and the treble was more extended than the bass, and that's not my signature. They reminded me a lot of the HiFiMan RE-0 with better bass, but near similar presentation. This is my theory why they became a FOTM like the RE-0.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #4,940 of 35,472
These Tenore are awesome! After 5 hours of non-stop burn in and listening , not one moment of TTS. So my vote is in that white rabbit is selling good bAtches of Tenore. <3 :) :wink: wOOt!!

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #4,942 of 35,472
Jul 21, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #4,943 of 35,472
I just did a taobao search for the HP150 and it's got two listed sellers with one sale between them, both located in Dongguan where a lot of factories are. Seems like it's literally just out this minute! Looking forwad to hearing impressions from someone knowledgable- I'm in the market for a pair of neutral over ear phones in this price range.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #4,944 of 35,472
And what about the fitting?
They don`t look very comfortable.

I`ll buy only one more IEM this year, I don`t have a lot of money and also I`ll buy a E11k or the E10k, and start saving for a good full-size headphone.
I already have the VSD3S, and bought the Havi B3 Pro 1 ( it should arrive in two or three weeks ), I was looking for the KC06, now I don`t know which one I should get, maybe the cheaper :D

mochill wrote that he was going to do a review, maybe I`ll wait for one last review.
IMHO and based upon only stuff I've heard first hand, I would say get the t1e.

I personally feel that if you get the kc06 you will feel cheated because it's similar to the b3. It's a baby step down from the b3 IMHO.

The t1e will give you a different approach in tuning. It's warmer than the other iems you have. It has better imaging than the vsd3s. I catch my self getting lost in how musical and engaging the t1e is. It's more fun than either iem you have IMHO.

T1e has quality, fast, powerful bass that make the bass on my vsd3s seem bloated. T1e has treble that is very natural, it makes my vsd3s seem hissy and sibilant sounding in comparison.

The b3 is awesome, but mine doesn't have the same fun factor as my t1e. If I want accuracy and separation and as close to real life recording, I reach for my havi. If I want to make my music sound amazingly good and engaging I reach for my t1e.

To put it into perspective, I feel that the t1e is a better all arounder for every genre of music than my sony h3. I can plug this in and let my Google music play "I'm feeling lucky" radio, and be confident that no matter what plays the t1e will make it sound awesome.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #4,946 of 35,472
I haven't heard the t1e but for me the b3 are WAY better than the kc06 and I'd put the vsd3s above them as well.

Me, and quite a few others, find the lack of isolation and especially soundstage depth to be a dealbraker on the kc06.

As usual YMMV, to be sure what you like you need to hear stuff.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #4,948 of 35,472
Yep. The isolation and wire issues were a deal breaker for me with the KC06. My Tenore are amazing as usual.

^
ehhh i know these KC06s don't isolate THAT well, but c'mon meng. I wear these all the time for my commutes in local/freeway traffic on the bus no problem whatsoever. You don't really lose much musical details despite you can hear some slight background noise with the music on, i think the BIG soundstage, nicely extended treble with great textured bass helps in the non-degradation of the overall sound quality despite they don't have that great of passive isolation.

Welp that is from my experience anyways since these KC06s are my best daily beaters so..... YMMV.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #4,949 of 35,472
The same could be said for my Fostex TE-05. The lack of isolation tipped the scales. Plus the bass on the KC06 wasn't that great. Too many people get off on that ringing treble. I'm not a fan of that uber extended treble like the KC06, RE-0, or Pistons. I like a nice balance. Reference is great. But that's my humble opinion. Every ear has it's own preferences.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #4,950 of 35,472
I'm selling my Zero Audio Doppio dual balanced armature. Brand new. PM me if interested.

Headfi won't let me post on the for sale forum. Don't know why? Anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back