Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,968 of 35,472
So i'd like to say thanks to everyone participating here and putting their time and money into helping others. I'm sure its appreciated way more than we know of throughout the internet.

And thank you! It`s a great thread, and I try to protect my wallet by staying clear as much as I can lol. But, the force in this thread is strong...
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,969 of 35,472
Thread has been around for a little while now, and I realized I haven't thanked everyone for making it what it is today.

I started this thread to bring awareness to the multitudes of companies and products available in Asian markets with high quality that consumers in the rest of the world don't really get to see.

Everything in a typical store in the US is marketing driven, not quality driven. The intention of this thread has been achieved and then some. We've found some extremely high quality gear at a fraction of the price many similar offerings go for, and its starting to increase awareness.

A quick look at the Xiaomi Pistons on Amazon (which had no reviews a few months ago) now has over 60+ from regular consumers with almost universal praise.

The stigma that "everything Chinese is crap" will slowly start to fade once awareness increases. Although I wish local companies in the US would offer a quality product at non inflated prices, it seems that corporatism and greed prevents it. I go where the quality/value goes.

I've brought attention to many finds, and others have brought attention to me some amazing finds. The mission has been accomplished and then some.

So i'd like to say thanks to everyone participating here and putting their time and money into helping others. I'm sure its appreciated way more than we know of throughout the internet.

Yes certainly you deserve a Pat on back.....

Toast to chinese brands... :beerchug:

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #4,974 of 35,472
Me like Wokei. Me like earwax. Me like toilet time.

Me used to have a similar avatar many moons ago, except mine was a real shot
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #4,976 of 35,472
Thread has been around for a little while now, and I realized I haven't thanked everyone for making it what it is today.

I started this thread to bring awareness to the multitudes of companies and products available in Asian markets with high quality that consumers in the rest of the world don't really get to see.

Everything in a typical store in the US is marketing driven, not quality driven. The intention of this thread has been achieved and then some. We've found some extremely high quality gear at a fraction of the price many similar offerings go for, and its starting to increase awareness.

A quick look at the Xiaomi Pistons on Amazon (which had no reviews a few months ago) now has over 60+ from regular consumers with almost universal praise.

The stigma that "everything Chinese is crap" will slowly start to fade once awareness increases. Although I wish local companies in the US would offer a quality product at non inflated prices, it seems that corporatism and greed prevents it. I go where the quality/value goes.

I've brought attention to many finds, and others have brought attention to me some amazing finds. The mission has been accomplished and then some.

bhazard

I think we all owe you a big thank you for starting this awesome thread.

IMHO it's the best thread on head fi.

I apologize for taking over your thread recently but I honestly feel the need to share impressions of all of the awesome products I've purchased based on information on this thread.

You are a pioneer that opened the door for many of us to a world of audio we otherwise couldn't afford. On behalf of everyone who contributes to this thread we thank you sir.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #4,977 of 35,472
@bhazard

I think we all owe you a big thank you for starting this awesome thread.

IMHO it's the best thread on head fi.

I apologize for taking over your thread recently but I honestly feel the need to share impressions of all of the awesome products I've purchased based on information on this thread.

You are a pioneer that opened the door for many of us to a world of audio we otherwise couldn't afford. On behalf of everyone who contributes to this thread we thank you sir.

That's the thing. I WANT you and others to take it over and contribute as much as you'd like. Your contributions have helped me decide on quite a few purchases as well, and I'm sure others value your input just the same. Your recent impressions on the Sidy HK2 parallel mine, so now others know its not as good as many other options out there. Prior to this thread, SIDY was COMPLETELY unknown. Now we know that they have some great options, and some not so good ones.

Joker's thread is one of the greatest around, yet he is only one person, and the reviews tend to come in a little slow at times because of it. Being "crowdsourced" here brings up to the minute impressions in rapid succession. That also means your wallets empty quicker though. Can't have it all.

It also reduces "paid for" reviews, in which people don't want to bash a company since the company was generous enough to offer review samples. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, and would never bash a company that offered such a service. I would point out flaws in the nicest way possible however. User reviews don't need to have that veil of sincerity.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,978 of 35,472
This is a cool thread for sure. There is so much information in it, that it is almost overwhelming. I kind of wish there was a wiki for the thread, so that key point of agreement on great products would be more easily accessed. I really do not know what is considered a great ear bud or IEM at a given price point, etc.

If I were buying these products more regularly like some of the participants I might actually create a draft, but I only bought one pair of IEMs based on this thread for a grand total of $11. They are fine, and sound better than the price, but I would not necessarily rave about them.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #4,979 of 35,472

It's great! Thank you! If not for you and this thread, I would have never fallen in love with Zero Audio and the Tenore.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #4,980 of 35,472
This is a cool thread for sure. There is so much information in it, that it is almost overwhelming. I kind of wish there was a wiki for the thread, so that key point of agreement on great products would be more easily accessed. I really do not know what is considered a great ear bud or IEM at a given price point, etc.

If I were buying these products more regularly like some of the participants I might actually create a draft, but I only bought one pair of IEMs based on this thread for a grand total of $11. They are fine, and sound better than the price, but I would not necessarily rave about them.

It is overwhelming. A wiki based system where everyone could edit would be ideal, but it isn't possible.

Just like the discovery thread, the latest posts should be a good indicator of the latest and greatest people know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back