Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #4,981 of 35,472
Hey buddy!
I just realized what your profile pic is... Awesome! LMAO

Yeah thats his hide-out...but I like wokei.:D

Me like Wokei. Me like earwax. Me like toilet time.

Enough man :) ...me dont have enough time.......3weeks ago me was ROTFLMAO and me dont have enough energy for LMAO.........now.so me signing off this thread.:D

Thanks guys ...for those kind words ...me humble in all your appreciation ....me will always be a kooky noob ....but me think its very important that we dont take our self too serius ...and laugh together while on this audio journey.

Also me wanna give shout out to bhazard ....this excellent thread ...me hope me can speak for some of us ...made lotsa friends ...made me other half real piss off at me ...took me Fiio x3 and me left with a pink Zip Clip.....cant go a day without checkin in here ...afraid of missing out ....on the next FIND ....see who is buying what ...me remember when this thread started by bhazard ..it was only at page 2 ....and now pg 327 ...it has been amazing ....

Wokei ...sorry about your wallet and keep on head- fying ...specially for u guys

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #4,982 of 35,472
This is a cool thread for sure. There is so much information in it, that it is almost overwhelming. I kind of wish there was a wiki for the thread, so that key point of agreement on great products would be more easily accessed. I really do not know what is considered a great ear bud or IEM at a given price point, etc.

If I were buying these products more regularly like some of the participants I might actually create a draft, but I only bought one pair of IEMs based on this thread for a grand total of $11. They are fine, and sound better than the price, but I would not necessarily rave about them.

Check out the product pages with reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-ear

The only thing I wish it had was a price range tag system and then tags for sonic character (cold, warm, v shaped, analytical, etc.) that allowed for complex filtering based on tags

If more people posted reviews, it would also be more useful. :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #4,983 of 35,472
  REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800  Mobile audio perfection (Xplay 3S review coming soon)

Vivo XE800 Specs:
  1. Basic parameters
  2. Cable length:1.25m
  3. Connector:3.5mm plug
  4. Rated power:10mW
  5. Maximum power:50mW
  6. Frequency range:5 Hz-30000 Hz
  7. Nominal Impedance:50 OHM
  8. Sensitivity:110 dB
  9. Mic Parameters
  10. Frequency range:20 Hz-16000 Hz
  11. Sensitivity:-42 ± 3dB
  12. Interface Definition:L / R / GND / Mic

Price: $60-99 (aliexpress, taobao, liaow)

Accessories (XE800):
3 pairs of Vsonic VSD1 type eartips in S, M, L sizes.

The barebones accessories packing is somewhat disappointing, but comfort, fit, and SQ from these stock tips pair up perfectly with the IEM. Since the XE800 was meant to be sold with the phone, the lack of accessories can be forgiven.

Build & Design:
The teardrop shape of the XE800 and crisp white color is strikingly beautiful, yet simple. The design is very “Apple” like, almost as if this was an evolutionary upgrade to the earpods.

The inline mic performed admirably, allowing my voice to be heard clearly by any caller I tested with.

The cable is not microphonic, and it provides a little “clip” to attach the split Y cables together for a cleaner look. Build quality is sturdy, but nothing really stands out cable wise compared to the shell design.

Fit, Comfort, Isolation:
Outstanding. The XE800 fits like a glove in my ears. The moveable nozzle allowed me to tailor the IEM to my ear canal, and it provided one of the most comfortable fits I’ve had to date from a universal IEM. It allows the XE800 to be worn on any occasion, from sleeping to cardio at the gym. I almost hate using other in ears now. It also makes isolation top notch. This is all based on just the stock tips, as I felt they offered the best fit/sound out of all that I tried.

Sound:
The XE800 is actually a modified Vsonic GR07 using the same biocellulose driver, made specifically for Vivo. The sound signature seems to be a hybrid of the GR07BE and Classic tuning, with nicely extended and slightly boosted bass, neutral mids, and pleasing neutral highs with an easing rolloff.

Joker’s GR07BE review paints a picture of the XE800’s sound perfectly, except that sibilance now no longer exists, or it is so minor that I have not heard it in any tracks so far.
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition/

The most impressive part is that the XE800 can be had for 1/3rd of the original GR07BE price from the right seller. This is a top tier IEM which bests the RE-400 and many others for sub $100 pricing.

Comparisons:
RE-400 vs. XE800:
The only thing the XE800 lacks to the RE-400 is the accessory package. Aside from that, the stronger bass, neutral but prominent mids, more extended highs, and complete comfort push the XE800 far ahead of the “watermark” $99 previous champion.  

AX-35 vs. XE800
No contest. The XE800 is better in every way again except for accessories.

Havi B3 Pro 1 vs. XE800
These two are my current favorites. While the soundstage and imaging on the XE800 are excellent, the Havi Pro 1 is world class at this. No IEM or headphone has ever surpassed it in my testing, including the HE-500. The Havi matches up with the XE800 pound for pound in everything but bass, which is more prominent and pleasing in the XE800.

Ostry KC06A vs XE800
These are actually very similar. Both have excellent bass and provide a full signature that punches well above their price points. The KC06A recesses its mids and boosts highs a tiny bit to compensate for the slightly bigger bass over the XE800, which is the more neutral signature set overall.

(Do yourself a favor and try at least one of these sub $99 underrated monsters. They are worth every penny and then some.)

Value:
The XE800 is an exceptional, rare IEM, based off of one of the best VSonic IEMs. If you can grab one, do so. You won’t be disappointed, and you’d be amazed at what <$99 can get you from China these days in audio.

More info here:
http://www.vivo.com.cn/vivo/xe800/

Only 320 Yuan now.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39611403083

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #4,984 of 35,472
Check out the product pages with reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-ear

The only thing I wish it had was a price range tag system and then tags for sonic character (cold, warm, v shaped, analytical, etc.) that allowed for complex filtering based on tags

If more people posted reviews, it would also be more useful. :)
Honestly just hop on this train wherever it picks up on and read. That's the cool thing about this thread is if you just start reading you will get up to speed fairly quickly.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,985 of 35,472
  Only 320 Yuan now.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39611403083

Bhazard's review impresses. I love "The XE800 is actually a modified Vsonic GR07 using the same biocellulose driver, made specifically for Vivo".

The physical form (much like the vsd1's) is great - small, light, flush enough for sleeping with, and can be worn over ear or down. Price is good.

Seems almost like you get a nicer form factor'd GR07 for $52US. What the heck is not to like?

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #4,987 of 35,472
Hello again ,last question before i go the morning and hit the buy button.
Im now between T1E and Havi B3 Pro1.Which one you recommend?
I will use mainly a Sony NWZ-E384 and maybe ill buy NX1 amplifier.
Im moslty hear rock and metal.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #4,988 of 35,472
Ok..so you got a dilemma. The B3 are not very good without an amp. Yes you can use them unamped, but to truly enjoy them, amp is kinda necessary. You say you don't have an amp right now. While the T1e, though it has good reviews from hisound and others, has also been given mixed reviews for metal. The B3 and amp together will run you over $120.00. So it depends on your budget? The Ostry, VSD3S and Altone200 have all gotten great reviews with metal and hard rock..so you might think about them?

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #4,989 of 35,472
Or just take the plunge with the T1e, unamped, and hope that the sound is satisfactory to you with fast resolving tracks like those found in metal? Or just spend the extra on the amp, and the B3 will SHINE LIKE A CRAZY DIAMOND on metal and hard rock. See what I did there?

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4,990 of 35,472
It's $100 for the XE800. Where are they $52.00?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/4980#post_10733618

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #4,991 of 35,472
Looks like that taobao seller cut the price in half?! I wonder if those are legit? Hopefully, because with the price slashed 50%, that's a great deal.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #4,992 of 35,472
Looks like that taobao seller cut the price in half?! I wonder if those are legit? Hopefully, because with the price slashed 50%, that's a great deal.

I've never bought anything from them. Can't see an english version of their webpage, which isn't helping me.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #4,993 of 35,472
I've never bought anything from them. Can't see an english version of their webpage, which isn't helping me.

I've never used them either. For what is essentially a reshelled, retuned GR07, at $52.00, that's almost unreal deal, because even the crappy new driver "GR07 classic" never sold this cheap. Shoot, I'm never seen any version of the GR07 sell that cheap used. Maybe I'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig? mochill? :wink:

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #4,994 of 35,472
  Hello again ,last question before i go the morning and hit the buy button.
Im now between T1E and Havi B3 Pro1.Which one you recommend?
I will use mainly a Sony NWZ-E384 and maybe ill buy NX1 amplifier.
Im moslty hear rock and metal.

Ttpod t1E vs Havi B3 Pro:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/4620#post_10708711
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/4785#post_10719775

There was one person who preferred the Ostry KC06A over the Ttpod t1E for metal. See if you can find it in the earlier posts.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #4,995 of 35,472
Penonaudio is the place to order. Add a pair of penon iem to your order. Make sure you set up an account first to get them for $10.

I really like my e18 because it's made for Android and built like a tank. Not to mention it also operates as a portable charger which is awesome! But honestly you might want to describe what you're looking for in an amplifier, and what features you would like, and what budget you are working with, and someone will chime in with a great suggestion.

I don't have it, but the Toppin nx1 is getting good reviews. Check it out online.

Thanks for the recommendation. I placed an order for Ttpod t1E and PENON IEM. I think I'm going to wait and see how they perform without an amp. 
Btw, the price for Ttpod t1E has dropped to $45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back