Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #4,022 of 33,689
  Sorry for the delay in replying - I thought it was going to be a quiet day at work, so I could do some listening comparisons, but there ended up being too many interruptions.  So these evaluations were done this evening in my quiet living room.
Connected to the single-ended output of my Onkyo DP-X1, and using USB Audio Player Pro (setting Android Sample Rate to 44100Hz) and played a couple of FLAC files from my "Iona" (UK progressive Celtic rock band) CDs "Iona - The Book of Kells - Kells" (1992), and "Iona - Beyond These Shores - Prayer on the Mountain / Treasure" (1993), with vocals by Joanne Hogg.  All EQ was turned Off.
Comparing the vocals and treble of the **** PT15 and the **** 4in1 is interesting - considering that the PT15 is a single 15mm Dynamic driver, and the 4in1 is a Hybrid model, with an 8mm Dynamic, and a Knowles 30042 Balanced Armature - their sound is not all that different.  Vocals do seem to have more fullness on the PT15 (I'm not familiar with the monk+ or ty32), and the details in the instrumental "Prayer on the Mountain" sounds a bit more natural on the PT15.  As you would expect, the 4in1 Earphone, when inserted to get a good seal, has more impact in the Bass than the PT15, which is an Earbud.
In my under $100 earphones, the TingJie R4 ($90) and BossHiFi B3 ($29) both have good Bass; a smoother, more "full" Midrange; and a little bit less pronounced Treble.  The Remax RM-600M has good Midrange and Treble, but less Bass.
Take Care,
David Baldock

Thanks alot mr david, it seems to me that pt15 is better then 4in1 which everyone though was a giant killer, and i can get it for 12usd from hck. will buy it after your comparison. I just gave away my ty hiz 32 and kz atr to my sisters. That leaves me with monk+, sender 4in1 and piston2.

I want to sell the 4in1 but too expensive for my friends. its not that bad its quite good but a bit fatiguing and the comfort is **** as you have to insert it deep and tight.

I will buy the pt15 but i am also interested in the quin 39, as many people have been talking about it too, do i need those if i have the monk+ as monk+ are warmer and i heard quin39 is also warm.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #4,023 of 33,689
Beware of ****.

Below are the frequency response of 4 **** UEs bought to NiceHCK along several months (raw measurements with source calibration, but not compensated; useful for comparisons, all were measured in a row, with exact same conditions; source: iBasso D14, calibrated; micro: Dayton Audio iMM-6; soundcard: Realtek ALC888).

The issues go across imbalance between left and right, lows and highs roll-off, and defective balanced armature (harsh peaks and excessive dips in highs and upper mids). This could suggest very low quality control of the drivers used (both dynamic and balanced armature); now I doubt the BA used is a true Knowles 30042 (and if it is, many are defective). And this could explain why some people find excessive harshness and sibilance in their **** (UEs, 4in1, DT2, etc.), while others don't.

First, comparison of 4 **** UEs (left and right averaged):

Now, individuals, left and right exposed.

**** UEs (camo):

Despite of the lows imbalance (sub-bass, 5dB at 30Hz, 2.5dB at 60Hz), these are my favorite. I love their sound.

**** UEs (blue 1):

No lows imbalance, but highs imbalance and roll-off, specially one driver (-10dB at 10KHz peak), and roll-off from that frequency (it is more than -20dB at 13KHz!). This is not very noticeable if you have difficulties to hear beyond 10KHz. No harshness in these ones, of course.

**** UEs (blue 2):

These are very similar to camo ones. Lows imbalance, but very good overall.

**** UEs (blue 4, clearly defective to my ears):

Note the horrible dip near 7KHz, and the excessive peak at 10KHz in one driver. 7KHz frequency is audible by everyone. I can't raise volume with these ones: although I'm not treble sensitive, highs are like knives to my ears, and sound strange.

When I ordered 1st ones, I received **** UE (only 1 dynamic driver, no BA) instead. Jim sent me the right ones later.
When the order of **** UEs (blue 1) arrived, after a month, they were missed in the package! I had to wait another month for them.
**** UEs (blue 3 and 4) took 66 days to arrive. And blue 4 is defective. If I want a replacement or a refund, I have to wait they check the defective one. I don't want to wait 2 months more.

So I'll never order to NiceHCK anymore (months ago, there were not problems, but pray to not get issues with them now: they use the fools and delay play -you have to repeat your story one hundred times-, they use the post carrier they like, regardless your choice, they mark your order as shipped when it's not, etc., etc.), and I'll never order a **** anymore (it's a lottery).

Now, when a Chinese seller starts calling me "my friend", like the banned seller and Jim use to do, i start shivering because i know it's the beginning of another horrible "friendship".

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #4,024 of 33,689
the PMV mk2 definetly are not keepers,just after 3-4 days i realised the spliter connectors has a exposed copper spot.not the first person to complain about their build quality.i think this is something @mark2410 said total opposite in his review

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #4,025 of 33,689
  Beware of ****.

Below are the frequency response of 4 **** UEs bought to NiceHCK along several months (raw measurements with source calibration, but not compensated; useful for comparisons, all were measured in a row, with exact same conditions; source: iBasso D14, calibrated; micro: Dayton Audio iMM-6; soundcard: Realtek ALC888).

First, comparison of 4 **** UEs (left and right averaged):

Now, individuals, left and right exposed.

**** UEs (camo):

Despite of the lows imbalance (sub-bass, 5dB at 30Hz, 2.5dB at 60Hz), these are my favorite. I love their sound.

**** UEs (blue 1):

No lows imbalance, but highs imbalance and roll-off, specially one driver (-10dB at 10KHz peak), and roll-off from that frequency (it is more than -20dB at 13KHz!). This is not very noticeable if you have difficulties to hear beyond 10KHz. No harshness in these ones, of course.

**** UEs (blue 2):

These are very similar to camo ones. Lows imbalance, but very good overall.

**** UEs (blue 4, clearly defective to my ears):

Note the horrible dip near 7KHz, and the excessive peak at 10KHz in one driver. 7KHz frequency is audible by everyone. I can't raise volume with these ones: although I'm not treble sensitive, highs are like knives to my ears, and sound strange.

When I ordered 1st ones, I received **** UE (only 1 dynamic driver, no BA) instead. Jim sent me the right ones later.
When the order of **** UEs (blue 1) arrived, after a month, they were missed in the package! I had to wait another month for them.
**** UEs (blue 3 and 4) took 72 days to arrive. And blue 4 is defective. If I want a replacement or a refund, I have to wait they check the defective one. I don't want to wait 2 months more.

So I'll never order to NiceHCK, and I'll never order a **** anymore (it's a lottery).

interesting to see such a variation between the **** UEs. i hope my **** 4in1 that i bought during the 11.11 sale will be a good one...

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #4,029 of 33,689
Super Audio 2DD+2BA. Love this IEM. Awesome bass. Neutral mid. Smooth high.

Makes me wish I'd bought them instead of the PM4. What's the price of the SA 2+2?

Edit: BTW, what do you compare them to?

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #4,031 of 33,689
  interesting to see such a variation between the **** UEs. i hope my **** 4in1 that i bought during the 11.11 sale will be a good one...

i hope yours are ok, let's roll the dices.
however, 4in1 are usually reported to be harsher and more sibilance prone than "regular" UEs.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #4,034 of 33,689
Oh man, i hope the pair of **** UES i have on the way do not have such issues!

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #4,035 of 33,689
  Oh man, i hope the pair of **** UES i have on the way do not have such issues!

if you don't have another pair to compare, it won't be easy to distinguish a possible sub-bass imbalance, or highs roll-off. you will think that is their stock sound, and will try to get near your desired sound signature by tip rolling and/or equalizing.
the sub-bass imbalance is barely noticeable. the highs roll-off is similar some way to "right" ones used with foam tips, so not very bad. the problem comes if your pair has the 7KHz extreme dip. but this should not be usual (1 of 4, in my case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back