Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #4,006 of 33,689

Hey everyone, hope this isn't a strange question, but what is a good Chinese IEM that sounds like the Sennheiser HD600? And by that I mean rather flat, great detail especially in the mids and bass that isn't elevated?

That's pretty tough. The HD600 really is pretty balanced with "Sennheiser" mids. Most <$50 Chinese IEMs have peaks here and there (commonly around the high-mid/low-treble region). The closest "Chinese" IEM I heard was a Rooth LS-8 (not +) demo. Otherwise, you may want to give the Vivo XE800 a try. Those can be found for <$20USD, and though most GR07 models have a peak around 7khz, my most recent XE800 was much tamer there, and sounded quite flat/balanced overall.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #4,009 of 33,689
Hey everyone, hope this isn't a strange question, but what is a good Chinese IEM that sounds like the Sennheiser HD600? And by that I mean rather flat, great detail especially in the mids and bass that isn't elevated?

Moni One possibly

If you look to the post a few before yours by Skullophile, he mentions the Gleam IEM being very neutral

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #4,010 of 33,689
Yeah the Gleam 8 + 1 surpasses the hd650 for my ears detail wise and has the same kinda signature (I have the hd580). The Havi B3P1 doesn't quite hold up to the Senn but I'd say the mighty Hifiman Re-Zero is the one.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #4,011 of 33,689
Received Xiaomi In-ear Hybrid Earphones Pro from Gearbest today.  The packaging is really cool, though it takes a while to unwrap the cord from the casing.  Out of the box impressions are very positive.  Decent soundstage, good separation, with a slightly v-shaped profile.  The sub bass punches enough for "Tom Ford", though Leonard Cohen's vocals sounded a bit recessed on "You Want it Darker," (one of my favorite test tracks right now).  Guitars and drums are crisp and detailed.  Tidal sounds good, but high res tracks via Foobar sound even better.  I paid $28 for these, and so far they are worth that price and more....... definitely worth spending a little more, since I often say "I really like these, but......" with my sub $20 earphones.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #4,012 of 33,689
I agree although I'm comparing K1 to Urbanfun. I took out UF for a 24hours spin and I have to say it is very good set or earphones but as good as MaGaosi K1. My opinion might be biased by price difference but I'm sure that I can hear and feel SQ difference. K1 are more spacious, have better resolution and detail level. There are on level up from UF. 
Both are worth their price though :)

I'm with you on the driver theory. Module might look the same but components (DD and BA) might be completely different in all 3 phones. If I win lotto this week I will get M1221 and open open to check. Until then I'm not going to risk these 2, I like them too much.

PS. I have measured reistance (don't have eq to do proper impedance check). UF comes @22Ohm, K1 @20Ohm. This is K1 version without logo. Can anyone who has K1 with Sanhoo logo measure theirs, please?

I have both the urbanfun and the K1 (no logo). And this is spot on; whatever is inside K1 sounds a step above the urbanfun. I'd add that the tuning barrels aren't a gimmick, they each have a different, well-tuned sound.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #4,014 of 33,689
Thanks alot bro, few follow up questions before i make the order if you have time please.
What about the vocals and treble. Are the vocals thinner and shouty like 4in1 or is it thick and full like say monk+ or ty32 and is treble hotness similer or less?
One last question, the ba makes all the instruments thin and unnatural no body or weight but it makes great seperation of instruments and timber Does pt15 retain similer level of separation and clarity but more natural sound of instruments?

Thanks again.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I thought it was going to be a quiet day at work, so I could do some listening comparisons, but there ended up being too many interruptions.  So these evaluations were done this evening in my quiet living room.
Connected to the single-ended output of my Onkyo DP-X1, and using USB Audio Player Pro (setting Android Sample Rate to 44100Hz) and played a couple of FLAC files from my "Iona" (UK progressive Celtic rock band) CDs "Iona - The Book of Kells - Kells" (1992), and "Iona - Beyond These Shores - Prayer on the Mountain / Treasure" (1993), with vocals by Joanne Hogg.  All EQ was turned Off.
Comparing the vocals and treble of the **** PT15 and the **** 4in1 is interesting - considering that the PT15 is a single 15mm Dynamic driver, and the 4in1 is a Hybrid model, with an 8mm Dynamic, and a Knowles 30042 Balanced Armature - their sound is not all that different.  Vocals do seem to have more fullness on the PT15 (I'm not familiar with the monk+ or ty32), and the details in the instrumental "Prayer on the Mountain" sounds a bit more natural on the PT15.  As you would expect, the 4in1 Earphone, when inserted to get a good seal, has more impact in the Bass than the PT15, which is an Earbud.
In my under $100 earphones, the TingJie R4 ($90) and BossHiFi B3 ($29) both have good Bass; a smoother, more "full" Midrange; and a little bit less pronounced Treble.  The Remax RM-600M has good Midrange and Treble, but less Bass.
Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #4,016 of 33,689
FWIW I received the LZA4 today. Only about an hour of listening. Very good. Will probably burn in 100 hrs and be done. They sound very good OOTB

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #4,017 of 33,689

poly, i had similar reaction to the pmv ootb, but they really opened up after burn-in and are definite keepers--as i've previously commented the monis are more refined/precise, but the pmvs might prove more listenable in the long run. they need deep insertion or the bass sounds poorly integrated/wobbly--i got the best results with a smaller-than-typical size complys

They're turning out to be good so far. Mids are not very recessed now than before. Tried foam tips from hck, it reduces the warmth a bit and pushes the top-end. Thanks! Will continue burning in

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #4,018 of 33,689
Seems cellos is a sidegrade or tiny upgrade to my 4in1.

Yeah that's definitely not the case, the 4in1 is good but the Cello is simply better. Better instrument separation, bigger soundstage. There is no harshness in the highs, they aren't sibilant, bass isn't as pronounced. The 4in1 are v-shaped while the Cellos are more neutral. I see the Cellos as an upgrade imo.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #4,019 of 33,689
How's the mid bass presence on the Cello's compared to the Pro's?

To me the Pro's has too much mid bass before doing the bassport mod but pretty good with the mod........

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #4,020 of 33,689
Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to dive into my earphone collection and listen to something I haven't used in quite a while. Settling on the Don Scorpio Bass Colour, I realized that they were still quite good, and definitely competitive when pitted against some of today's good ~30 USD offerings like the Brainwavz Jive and Accutone Lyra. After a few hours of listening, I decided to revise my original review from September 2014 and move it to the Head Gear section. Feel free to read it if this is an earphone you ever had any interest in. I'd say it's still worth the cost of entry.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/don-scorpio-bass-colour/reviews/17524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back