Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 13, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,006 of 3,742
  From my very own personal perspective this would be the 10 most appreciated issues for the next firmware update

1. gapless playback in stock player
2. Library sorting option by "album artist"
3. Fixing the 30:00 bug of the stock player
4. Fixing non-appearance of aac-files in stock player
5. Fixing the alphabetical order 
6. Proper reading of genre-tags
7. Reading of "year"-tag
8. Volume normalization between stock and 3rd party apps
9. Display of cover artwork not being faded out at top and bottom
10. Android status bar not to overlap the cover artwork

The 30:00 bug disappears when you do a device wipe but not sure if it will reappear again.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,007 of 3,742
wiped cache and did factory reset. 30:00 bug persists. But this bug also appeared when I used HiBy-App on my Android phone before.
Also for each song under properties the duration shown is 30:00 longer than it actually is.

But seems some have and others don't have this issue?

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,010 of 3,742
wiped cache and did factory reset. 30:00 bug persists. But this bug also appeared when I used HiBy-App on my Android phone before.
Also for each song under properties the duration shown is 30:00 longer than it actually is.

But seems some have and others don't have this issue?

My i5 doesn't has the 30:00 bug, and so far we haven't received any report on this bug from our biggest user groups: China (since 6 June) and Hong Kong (since 20 July). Neither can we repeat the error in our lab.

We shall received Rozenberg's unit very soon, will try to run the machine for a while before we send it back to him after repair, if the 30:00 bug resurface in his unit while we were testing it, that will provide the best example to track down the problem.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,011 of 3,742
How do i get the usb dac to work?

The USB-Audio function is under developed, hopefully we can deliver the USB DAC function in next firmware update.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #1,012 of 3,742
If dynamic playlist is important to you, we suggest you install appropriate music player app to your i5 for that purpose. We do understand that users will have their preferred music management and playback practice. We can't possibility fulfill every preference in our native music app., but we are more flexible than a lot of DAPs (N6 and N5 included) by providing Google Play and allowing users to install their favorite music app to the player. We spend a lot of effort to optimize third party application support and this is still on-going, the output level normalization as mentioned in previous post is an example of our optimization effort.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer to my question. Everything is clear. I certainly understand that to fulfill every whim of the user (if it is not the wish of a large number of users of the product).
Yes, I certainly can use third-party software players from Google Market. Just as described above are lower volume level (yet, hopefully temporarily).
And another question for you: if I use a third-party player from the Google Market (eg neutron player), the difference in the sound (the sound quality in general) is not compared with the native player? The only difference is the volume?

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #1,014 of 3,742
My i5 doesn't has the 30:00 bug, and so far we haven't received any report on this bug from our biggest user groups: China (since 6 June) and Hong Kong (since 20 July). Neither can we repeat the error in our lab.

We shall received Rozenberg's unit very soon, will try to run the machine for a while before we send it back to him after repair, if the 30:00 bug resurface in his unit while we were testing it, that will provide the best example to track down the problem.

I'll keep an eye for it when I next pop down to JabenSG when I'm likely to pick it up just for DSD playback on the road.

However, I don't recall that issue at all the last time I was there during my first encounter with the i5. I was using my own Sandisk 200 GB microSD card. I would have noticed that issue if it had reared its ugly head... :)

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #1,015 of 3,742
Which one is best of Fioo x7 vs Cayin i5?

There is a wallpaper mode on Fioo X7, android icons with wallpaper as background
do Cayin i5 have a main android menu with icons and wallpaper or only player and settings?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5oFeaADpA

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,016 of 3,742
  Which one is best of Fioo x7 vs Cayin i5?

There is a wallpaper mode on Fioo X7, android icons with wallpaper as background
do Cayin i5 have a main android menu with icons and wallpaper or only player and settings?

cayin i5 based on sound

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,017 of 3,742
Can anyone compare the i5 to the QP1R in regards to sound quality and power?

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,018 of 3,742
  Coming back to the slight hiss with sensitive IEMs. Would this be eliminated by using a 75Ohm impedance adapter?
Does this have any effect on the SQ as such?

i have this 75ohm adapter and it is totally not good with iems like empire ears it totally kills the sound signature and sound quality of BA iems

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #1,019 of 3,742
Maybe it's a problem for MultiBA? However, I will try first this adapter for 8 bucks before spending triple digit numbers
for a FiiO E12A or ALO Rx.. Currently the hiss is only audible when listening at home in quiet environment and if you are looking for it. 

Anynow new IEMs are coming. Will see if going from 16Ohm, 112db SPL to an IEM with 24 Ohm and 106db SPL would make the difference not to hear hiss anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back