CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 28, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,278 of 1,339
  What throws me off is I know what I like by listening but to know what terminology to use to describe anything is what kills me

Use whatever terminology comes to mind - there's no right or wrong. In wine-tasting, for example, the terminology "wet-dog" is appropriate and accepted for certain varietals. 

Cheers and happy listening 

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,280 of 1,339
  "Yeah this amp sounds like a wet dog and its awesome!!!!"   HAHAHA

Exactly! Whatever floats your boat. 

And to be precise, the "wet-dog" comment regards to the smell of a young zinfandel. Not a white zinfandel (what most people are used to in its commercial form) but a real meaty natural zinfandel, which is a pretty heavy red, processed with the skins of the grapes still on. 

Cheers - both for wine and audio!

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,281 of 1,339
People can be criticized about anything. Just come with a positive attitude and a desire to learn. I've met a lot of good people along the way at meets mainly because of those two things. Everyone had to start out at one point in their lives.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #1,282 of 1,339
People can be criticized about anything. Just come with a positive attitude and a desire to learn. I've met a lot of good people along the way at meets mainly because of those two things. Everyone had to start out at one point in their lives.

I feel that most people at meets (not CanJam specifically) are generally just very positive and enthusiastic, otherwise, they probably wouldn't be at the meet anyway.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #1,283 of 1,339
Protip: If you do not want to pay the $6 self parking and $18 valet parking at the Westin, park at the Claim Jumper area of South Coast Plaza and take this bridge that leads you to the Westin:

The Boudin SF at South Coast Plaza was scrumptious as well - it was fun hanging out and having a mini listening session with Stillhart, AxelCloris, and Netforce:

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #1,289 of 1,339
Any advice on how to get to sleep when you can't stop thinking about CanJam?

for ME??

last night - after driving 9 hours! couldn't sleep:
Ambien - 
biggrin.gif

Rockin' Rickie Lee Jones in DSD on the Schiit IGGY (cant pronounce it - but Jason said IGGY is FINE) + Cavalli Liquid Glass and the nu MrSpeakers ETHER was a grand experience!

especially since I heard the original wooden proto - and got to hear the same Booka Shade track I heard on that proto ("Body Language") on the final product today was XTRA SPECIAL!!!!

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,290 of 1,339
Hey guys, first time attendee here (for both CanJam or Can-related meet ups in general). Is there anything in particular that is recommended to bring? Don't have much gear of my own. Can we just show up like that? :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back