CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #1,248 of 1,339
Who all is going on the UE tour? 

See you guys at 2!

--Jeff

I will see you then, its been a while too.

Will there be any place to demo the Fostex TH900?  I unfortunately don't see Fostex in the exhibitor list.  Apologies if it's been asked in the thread already.

massdrop will be there (who usually have the TH900 and TH600).

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,249 of 1,339
Yeah but I kinda rarely pop in one of my cds or thumb drive in vendor booths. I mostly do like to test headphones more than say dacs or amps so I bring around my fiio x5 and just plug headphones into there and try. Of course asking vendors or members if I can first. Also if a vendor is looking particularly busy with lots of people waiting to give their stuff a listen I feel a little social pressure from those around me listen in a timely manner lol.

This worries me. I don't have a portable rig or a CD burner. I only have an iphone 4 and a USB drive. I hope I don't bother anyone, and additionally am even able to use my own test tracks, as I am quite attached to them.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,250 of 1,339
A quick note: we will have a lot of cable prototypes on hand.

The housings are part of the engineering process and at this point we haven't addressed microphonics, we'll do so before we ship.  Also, there are two types of cables, one with clear shrink on the body and the other in a sheath.  The shrink is very stiff but we don't plan to use that for production. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 27, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,252 of 1,339
  Who all is going on the UE tour? 

See you guys at 2!

--Jeff

I'll be there, about to leave my house soonish.

This worries me. I don't have a portable rig or a CD burner. I only have an iphone 4 and a USB drive. I hope I don't bother anyone, and additionally am even able to use my own test tracks, as I am quite attached to them.

Should be fine, there will be a ton a gear there that should work out with just your iphone. Just be aware of your surroundings if someone is also waiting for a turn to listen at the same vendor table is probably one of the biggest things next to being respectful of everybody.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,254 of 1,339
  I'll be there, about to leave my house soonish.

Should be fine, there will be a ton a gear there that should work out with just your iphone. Just be aware of your surroundings if someone is also waiting for a turn to listen at the same vendor table is probably one of the biggest things next to being respectful of everybody.

How long are the lines usually anyway? Is there really no way to organize things so that no one has to wait?

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,255 of 1,339
Hey y'all. If you can't make it to CamJam we have a consolation prize for you. You can go the the UE website pro.ultimateears.com  and get 25% off this weekend.
You can also enter to win a Hugo Mobile Follow this link to enter http://bitly.com/uecanjam2015 

And if you're going to be at CamJam you will also get 25% UE Pro at pro.ultimateears.com, and you can also get a chance to win a Benchmark DAC2.   Follow this link for your chance to win: http://bitly.com/uecanjam . Have a awesome CanJam folks!!

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,256 of 1,339
***ULTIMATE EARS TOUR UPDATE***

Hi guys,

For everyone going on the UE tour, that is local and going straight there, here is UE's address:

3 Jenner # 180
Irvine, CA 92618

For everyone that traveled in, that wants to organize a caravan or ride-sharing, please meet in the Westin's lobby no later than 1:30p to work out transportation amongst yourselves.

Here are the people going on tour:

[01] - Currawong
[02] - Frank I
[03] - BearFNF
[04] - longbowbbs
[05] - moedawg140
[06] - David Aldrich
[07] - iLLicit1
[08] - AxelCloris
[09] - Kamakahah
[10] - Netforce
[11] - drgajet
[12] - No_One411
[13] - mikemercer
[14] - Mike Johnson
[15] - HiFiGuy528
[16] - LordToshiro666
[17] - Brian Hunter
[18] - Shiorisekine
[19] - leesure
[20] - russtafarian

Have fun guys!

-Warren :)

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,257 of 1,339
  How long are the lines usually anyway? Is there really no way to organize things so that no one has to wait?

Some vendors have a bigger line than most. For me I usually aim to go to vendors that are open first and then listen there. If a vendor is really busy I might stand by a table and wait for a turn, never waited more than a few minutes doing that. For a probably big ticket item like the he-1000 where everybody is going to want a listen that might be a bigger wait.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,258 of 1,339
***ULTIMATE EARS TOUR UPDATE***

Hi guys,

For everyone going on the UE tour, that is local and going straight there, here is UE's address:

3 Jenner # 180
Irvine, CA 92618

For everyone that traveled in, that wants to organize a caravan or ride-sharing, please meet in the Westin's lobby no later than 1:30p to work out transportation amongst yourselves.

Here are the people going on tour:

[01] - Currawong
[02] - Frank I
[03] - BearFNF
[04] - longbowbbs
[05] - moedawg140
[06] - David Aldrich
[07] - iLLicit1
[08] - AxelCloris
[09] - Kamakahah
[10] - Netforce
[11] - drgajet
[12] - No_One411
[13] - mikemercer
[14] - Mike Johnson
[15] - HiFiGuy528
[16] - LordToshiro666
[17] - Brian Hunter
[18] - Shiorisekine
[19] - leesure
[20] - russtafarian

Have fun guys!

-Warren
smily_headphones1.gif

Jealous! Have fun my friends 

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,259 of 1,339
Curious: Do the exhibitors only bring their super expensive stuff or do they also bring an equal amount of more realistically priced stuff? 
If it's the former then I may not be missing anything. If it's the latter then I'm hurting.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,260 of 1,339
Curious: Do the exhibitors only bring their super expensive stuff or do they also bring an equal amount of more realistically priced stuff? 
If it's the former then I may not be missing anything. If it's the latter then I'm hurting.

They usually bring everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back