C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,487 of 3,421
Mar 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #1,488 of 3,421
Which impedance model of the DT880 did you use with the BH? Did the BH improve bass response of the 880?

I used hte 250 ohm dt880 premium version, it is enough powerfull and gives enough lower notes as it does with higher grade amps. Only yhing you have to do is to use gain switch the second step for more gain.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #1,490 of 3,421
I used hte 250 ohm dt880 premium version, it is enough powerfull and gives enough lower notes as it does with higher grade amps. Only yhing you have to do is to use gain switch the second step for more gain.

Ah!
Those are the cans I'm looking to buy as well. Was trying to decide between the BH and XO2 to drive the 880/250ohm. XO2 is supposed to be bass-heavy. Might suit the 880 well since 880 is thought of as being bright.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #1,491 of 3,421
I've had another little amp arrive today which punches well above it's asking price, best of all this ones under $50 USD.

I'll have some more details soon and how it compares with BH. So far it's looking very promising.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,492 of 3,421
H2O, please stop seducing us  
deadhorse.gif

..........but please tell us more about this new amp
L3000.gif

on a side note, i got my RWAK but had not time for extensive audition yet. first impression is highly positive and user friendliness is great.
however this will not sound 5 times better like its price suggests, so people can be happy about C3 or CK4 and BH which sounds above its price IMHO. as a matter of fact i will keep both DAPs since i love C3 to death for its price.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #1,493 of 3,421
H2O, please stop seducing us  :deadhorse:

..........but please tell us more about this new amp :L3000:

on a side note, i got my RWAK but had not time for extensive audition yet. first impression is highly positive and user friendliness is great.
however this will not sound 5 times better like its price suggests, so people can be happy about C3 or CK4 and BH which sounds above its price IMHO. as a matter of fact i will keep both DAPs since i love C3 to death for its price.

Need to let it settle in for a few days, but I can give you a photo, the price is set at $35.00 USD.

Smaller than BH footprint wise but a touch thicker, however don't be expecting anything like BH's 80 hour battery time.

Regarding your RWAK100 that's correct it won't sound five times better, but this is the price we pay for improvements, how the hobby works...unfortunately.

Be sure to let us know how your RWAK100 pairs with C&C BH just for kicks! :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #1,494 of 3,421
ah, yes, i will do more listen testing before i can say for sure but first impressions were fairly interesting but positive.

i found RWAK pairing well with BH but frankly speaking RWAK does not need BH since this is not in the same league. That said I find output 1 working best for RWAK with high gain is Off, SF and LF are both On. i did not have time to try output 2 though. I find  high gain mode subtracting from RWAK so will recommend against that. Still, benefits of amping RWAK are less obvious to me. Many users report great result with T1 so i plan to add this soon.

That said RWAK performs very well on its own, this are my EB50 that have some limitation of single BA. i can make some conclusions about amping or not amping only after my RDB+ will arrive. Right now i am inclined to say RWAK can do very well without amp but i feel good amp can put this onto higher level still.

Whereas amping C3 with BH is a magical combination worth every penny that cannot be said about BH+RWAK because RWAK got a great dac and amp of its own. The jury is still out there.

you right, upgrade path is not straight forward but i find RWAK worth upgrading because this little player has so many things right about it, size, great screen, excellent GUI (for me personally), two card slots + 32G internal ... plus it has optical in and out. and it sounds just great. i cannot complain about this little player which also looks soooooo sexy :)))))))))))

BUT ... as i wrote it before, C3+BH is a KEEPER still !!! impossible to beat for 200$ and even for 300$ it would be hard.

NB: for now i have two excellent players but none could get me close to tube high end rig still... might be i just want too much? last week was to Alan Parsons concert here, OMG... man, that's the magic of live sound incomparable to anything still !!!

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,496 of 3,421
thanks Helmet, i have seen this, more so Continental if i am not mistaken is tube amp but... its price is too steep so i probably settle for T1 which many praise for pairing nicely with Rwak. I just thought of stand alone DAP that could sound tubey and do not like the idea paying another 5 hundred when things can be had for less. Rwak purchase was primarily because i wanted DAP that not only sounds good but is also portable and easy to use. So far i am pleased. For all in one there is Terra but no screen and no Flac made it no go for me no matter how much i crave for analogue sound.

So i hope Tralucent will solve this task for less than half the price. Mind this Rwak sounds great alone too, it is just me who pushes things up.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,499 of 3,421
Gintaras,

I read on the JDS C5 forum where a guy prefereed his iTouch C5 combo over his C3 C5 combo due to the iTouch sounding more punchy and clearer.  I think I know here you stand on this, but have you tried an iTouch with the BH and compared it with the C3 and BH?

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #1,500 of 3,421
sorry, in many cases it all boils down to personal preference since people hear differently and listen to different music. for me iTouch sounded not nearly as good and my daughter agrees on this despite she loves using her iTouch. however c3 is more refined sounding player and BH lifts it up nicely... It's more airy rather than punchy and you know i love airy bass when i can hear particular drums and percussions being hit rather than getting solid punch. so like i say to each his own.

what i cannot tell is about c5, but i can imagine different synergy perhaps ... Still i tried many apples among them players in iPhones, iPads and also iPods and none cut it for me. iTouch i meant is 4 generation however, not 5.

It all depends from what gear you come and what music you prefer, i know some people just cannot stand refined sound and prefer overpowered bass, but i come from live sound and my taste is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back