C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #1,517 of 3,421
You can buy Fiio e09k to dock your e17 near your computer or laptop. 
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #1,519 of 3,421
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,521 of 3,421
Quote:
Certainly, I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.
wink.gif

Good. I'm counting on it to beat up my E12!

Seriously #1: my plan was to get the E12 (v1) and be done with it (I already have the E11 for crying out loud). But, I will be in circumstances for a while where the extended battery life of the C&C (and probably the smaller footprint, and the ability to charge while using) would really work for me, so like I said, I'm counting on it to beat up my E12 so that I can sell the E12...

Seriously #2: I have settled in pretty well with the E12, and am liking it quite a bit. But, I have the feeling that I will like the C&C quite a bit as well. So, contrary to who I wanted to be a few months ago, I may end up being one of those guys with way many more portable amps than they need to have LOL!

Either way, I'm good... thanks for getting the C&C the hype that it deserves!
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,523 of 3,421
Well, I just my C&C BH in today and I have some questions.  There are tons of pages and I'm trying to go through each one.

First thing is wow, this thing is smaller/tinier than I expected.  That's a positive.

One thing I noticed is that the volume pot and jacks seem pretty loose.  The jack is not too bad but I can easily increase the volume with one finger.  I just thought it would be a bit stiffer.

Now, onto my main question.  What's the optimal configuration for this?

I listen to IEM's only (ATH CKS77, CKM500, etc.)

I played around with the settings and am trying to figure out the optimal one.  Maybe I'm not doing things correctly but, so far it hasn't impressed me quite yet.  This may be due to my error.  Call me insane but, I'm not hearing a huge difference over my Fiio E6.  The E6 surprisingly has better bass authority.  I'm probably going to get destroyed for this comment.  
redface.gif

I'm assuming Out1 is better, but may be too much power for my IEM's.  Out2 seems a bit quiet and I can't really tell much of a difference turning on LF and SF.

I also noticed that Out1 produces a high-pitched buzz.  I'm assuming it's because it's too much power.

Out1 and High Gain on produces the loudest/best sound but it produces a high-pitched buzz.  Also it makes my ear-drums tingle, which is not a pleasant feeling.

Gahh, can someone help out a audio newbie.  
confused_face.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,524 of 3,421
I mostly use Out1 and low gain. I do like how high gain sounds but it gets too loud too soon and with most headphones I have to keep it in the first 10% of the pot around 6 o'clock  where there is a bit of imbalance. I read a lot that people complain about the volume pot being loose but mine is actually fine - even a bit tighter than the E11. It's very hard to rotate it with one finger.

edit: SF makes difference only with certain types of music and tracks and the same goes for LF. Actually, LF is a very random bass boost coz it only boosts a certain bass frequency and if the track's bass does not match it the switch makes very little difference. The fiio amps do a lot better job if you want more bass with good thick body. The LF switch makes the body a bit bigger but inside that body the bass sounds a little hollow.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #1,526 of 3,421
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

The out1 and high gain producing a high pitched buzz...is that normal?

Dunno if its nornal or just my amp.

confused.gif
 can you describe more this?

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,529 of 3,421
I just tried this with Triple- Fi 10 (which are pretty sensitive) with CK4 and ipod touch via LOD, I couldn't replicate the sound on high or low gain using output 1.

When you guys hear the buzzing noise does it continue to buzz if you pause the music?

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,530 of 3,421
Quote:
I just tried this with Triple- Fi 10 (which are pretty sensitive) with CK4 and ipod touch via LOD, I couldn't replicate the sound on high or low gain using output 1.

When you guys hear the buzzing noise does it continue to buzz if you pause the music?

Even if the music is paused the buzzing noise is there.

The only way to get rid of the buzzing sound is to switch to Out2 or LowGain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back