C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,456 of 3,421
Quote:

Curious: why don't you use the 3M dual lock stuff? Now that I have it, I have it on everything, and it's very handy. No bands - yay!

I have the dual lock but have yet to put it on my stuff as sometimes I will switch amps which are different size and I do not want to put a big piece of dual lock on the back of the phone for a small amp in case it snags on fabric etc. I also use my amps on my desk top and the bumpons keep it from sliding where the dual lock would not as I am not going to mount a piece of dual lock on my desktop. I may try the dual lock on them eventually but right now, I like this fexibility wise.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #1,457 of 3,421
Got it!

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,458 of 3,421
Quote:
Just got mine today
ksc75smile.gif
.  Although I'm not thrilled with the fit and finish of it, for a $100 I can't complain.  Barely had a chance to listen to it but the initial impressions are that it is a bit bright (i'm hoping it will warm up over time).  That being said all my components are very new, minus the Ipod 5.5G.  i had a Apex Glacier and it was warmer but still had the micro details, however this was paired with a Note 2 and I was using the DAC on the glacier as well.  I love the size of it and I'm looking forward to the burn in.  I'm not sure wether I like the forwardness of out 1 better vs the more laid back sound from out 2.

If you don't mind, what about the fit and finish did you not like it?

Cheaply built or??

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #1,461 of 3,421

Cheaply built or??

Mine had a few nicks that were through the paint. All the edges were nice except for one which was noticeably rounder. I'm in touch with someone to see if I can get another panel for mine. If not then oh well. It does sound great that's for sure. Mainly the chassis is my issue, and the out jacks seem a bit suspect.

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,463 of 3,421
I'd consider trying it but I'm not sure if my TF10's would be impacted favourably by the F1's lower output impedance.. would it not make them sound sibilant?  

No, the lower the output impedance the better.

Photo's added guys, thanks! :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,464 of 3,421
Quote:

Cheaply built or??

Thought about this again last night and here is another answer.  They had to cut cost somewhere so they did it with the chassis.  It sounds great and I engage all the switches.  

I was able to get to sound close to the Glacier I had, and that's saying alot, as the Glacier Is a great amp.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,465 of 3,421
Dark Helmet, great nick :)
What i am curious is when you say this little baby comes close to Glacier, any more detailed description for this? I also wonder how BH compares to T1?

Strange to hear about case issue, i found mine very well built, nothing that would worry me, perhaps quality control people still having hangover after Chinese new year? :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,466 of 3,421
Quote:
Dark Helmet, great nick :)
What i am curious is when you say this little baby comes close to Glacier, any more detailed description for this? I also wonder how BH compares to T1?

Strange to hear about case issue, i found mine very well built, nothing that would worry me, perhaps quality control people still having hangover after Chinese new year? :)

That's my life Gintara.  The guy who builds my stuff is always on a mental break or hungover 
bigsmile_face.gif

The glacier puts out a very real sounding drum track on a Dream Theater song with details and nuances that I have never heard before.  When I used the Glacier it was with the onward DAC, using the Note 2 as a transport.  I can get close to that with the BH, but the limiting factor is the DAC in the iPod.  Hope that's a bit more clear.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,468 of 3,421
Can someone please recommend an ideal LOD (a specific model in particular) to use with BH when paired with an ATH-M50?

Thanks in advance.
An ipod lod? No need to go fancy over an ipod dac and m50. Standard fiio lod will do just fine.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #1,470 of 3,421
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, iPhone 4S, actually.

So, the Fiio L9 would suffice? No need to go with a silver based LOD?
No i wouldnt bother at all. Its like splitting hairs for something that costs a good portion of the HP themselves. Spend the savings on the $5 accudio app, and some rubber bands or dual lock tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back