Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :)
Aug 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #31 of 88
All Fidelios are open-back headphones. I've never tried the Mic on the L2 but given the mic on my Fidelio S2 earphones works with everything from gaming to Skype, I would think the L2 would be much of the same. As for buying it, getting both the stack and the X1 will be just under $500, and will be more than enough for your needs. Unless you feel the need to splurge, anything above that $500 budget is luxury at best.

Doing research is good, but I normally recommend asking for a few(2-5max) models based on the music you enjoy, then just pick one which will fit you best based on said research. Otherwise, you're just going to end up confused and not know which is which.

The Modi/Magni Stack is a little bigger than the size of my hands, so they should fit nicely beside your monitor if you are putting them near your PC.

Ok so to add to what you said here about the 2-5 max models are there any other headphones that are better than the L2 Fidelio or these are the best you think in the price range of 500-600$ for headphones i can buy the magni and modi aswell so i would be spending more but i just want to know my options.

Bottom line i just want a awesome sounding headphone/setup that i can enjoy music with and if i don't have to spend alot of money that is also a plus

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #32 of 88
Ok so to add to what you said here about the 2-5 max models are there any other headphones that are better than the L2 Fidelio or these are the best you think in the price range of 500-600$ for headphones i can buy the magni and modi aswell so i would be spending more but i just want to know my options.

Bottom line i just want a awesome sounding headphone/setup that i can enjoy music with and if i don't have to spend alot of money that is also a plus

For it's current price point? Given it's total black background and amazing performance? None.
But if you really want a few close competitors I'd say maybe the Sony MDR-1r and Shure SRH-1540 at it's current price on amazon.

Don't take my word for it. Google Fidelio L2 review and read up on what most say about the sound and it's competiton around the sub $1k market. Then make a decision.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #33 of 88
Well like i stated in my post i am from Canada and everything here costs more so i am not sure if i would be able to order them from amazon.com i may have to use amazon.ca i have not yet bought something from amazon.com only .ca so i am not sure about that and if you are talking about the price on amazon.com

I can go ahead and test and see if amazon.com will work because everything costs less on .com but if worst comes to worst this is the price id have to pay for them on .ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Philips-Headphones-Incoming-Function-Microphone/dp/B00F4P7NG0

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #34 of 88
Missed that. Look at the L2's sales listings on the amazon and you will see many of them are around $300, even if you have pay extra for a proxy to ship it to you, it would still be under $320~. I'd say that's a pretty good price for them.

I'll be away for abit, so if you have any other questions, drop me a message.

Lastly, welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #35 of 88
on amazon.com it says its almost 400$ here http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Headphones-Incoming-Function-Microphone/dp/B00F4P7NG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408706272&sr=8-1&keywords=Fidelio+L2

So the canadian amzon.ca is less money :)

Ok thanks for the information its greatly appreciated i will be looking more into the Philips Fidelio L2's

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #36 of 88
Not according to this it isn't. :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00F4P7NG0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Also checked both the top choices in the list for shipping costs, and they apparently have free shipping to Canada. That's $300 flat for the L2, pretty sweet.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #37 of 88
so i just read an entire review on the Philips Fidelio L2 from headphonia they say that the headphone is a portable one, is there a difference between portable and non portable sound wise? would sombody favor a portable one for inside listening without going outside using them for inside use or is only portable good for portable use?

Since i will be using them inside only at my pc and not using them outside the house i just wanted to know if there is a difference between portable headphones and non portable headphones

Also they said these are good amps for it aswell The Fiio X3 and Ibasso DX50 is the magni and modi combo better for what i want to use them for, those 2 are portable amps right

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #38 of 88
Only difference in the amount of amping required. Like the review said, full Sized ones like the HE-500 require a pricey amp and good pairing to sound their best while the L2 performs just as well with next to nothing, but still scales well with a good amp.

The X3 and DX50 are DAPs, similar to an iPod. I wouldn't bother with them since you are looking for a desktop setup.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #39 of 88
ok thanks also in the review he says that the top of the headphones can hurt your head after 4-5 hours of nonstop use so i am kind of worried about that so i will look into other reviews and see if they say the same thing but so far they look decent i would also like the  ear cups to be bigger they look kind of small

and in other reviews of headphones i have seen that the HD598s are very comfy and the headphone cups would go around your ears very easily i also like the look of them but i don't know what genres of music the HD598s are good with. would you say the Philips Fidelio L2 are better than the HD598s do you have any experience with the HD598s would they be a good pair of headphones to get since the HD600's are not really good for the genres i listen to?

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #41 of 88

my vote:  Fidelio X1 and Asus Xonar DG, and then zip your wallet and pull the velcro over it before disaster strikes.  Your enthusiasm is awesome, but have you even heard any of the Senn's?  

Nope :frowning2: i wish where i live they dont let you listen to the headphones they dont have any on display it sucks so its why i am asking all these questions

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #42 of 88
Aug 23, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #43 of 88
For a budget setup, along with your card, th X1 should serve you just fine. If you are looking for something a little better then you can consider the L2 Fidelio, an improvement over the X1, but with a bigger pricetag.

The L2 Fidelio will cost 455.84 with tax + shipping (shipping will be 1-3 days buisness days)

The X1s will cost 472.86 with tax + shipping (but shipping will be 2-10 business days)

Both are from amazon.ca and i dont think i can get them anywhere else where i live, i am from Manitoba,Winnipeg

So heres what i think, i like the way the X1s look their ear cups seem to be big enough for my ears and i would like them to go over my ears not on so thats good.

But i do not like how small the ear cups are on the L2's also i heard in a review from headphonia the headband can hurt your head after 4-5 hours of use i do intend to be using these headphones everyday for long periods of time i do not want a uncomfortable pair of headphones , and you said the L2s are better but how much better than the X1s?

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #44 of 88
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00F4P7NG0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Here. Check the first 2 vendors and you'll see both deliver worldwide, one for free, the other for $20.

Same goes for the X1s. Register at Amazon.com, input your address and you should see plenty of them having Free Shipping.

At this point, I would recommend the X1s. Simply because it's more fun, the L2s are amazing on a technical level, but if it's pure enjoyment the X1s would be better, especially for a newbie.

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #45 of 88
  Okay.  Then I would say get the HD 600 if you can afford them.  First and most importantly your curiosity will have been satisfied.  This is huge.  Second, [though they are not for me] others love them:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13.  Third, expectation bias almost makes this decision for you, and there's nothing wrong with that.  The only thing that matters is that you'll love them.

Thank you for the Reply and i have already read that post of the battle of the flagships, i have read the HD600 review in that post/guide what ever you want to call it and the guy says the the HD600's are good for "Everything and Anything" Genre wise so i was like hmmmm awesome and i did alot of research on the HD600's and watched some youtube video reviews and everyone keeps saying how much they love them so i wanted to give them a try but i heard they are not good for the genres i music i want them for so i am kinda confused on what pair of headphones to buy.

I have looked at other headphones like the HE-400 and HD-500 but they say they are not that comfortable and i think comfort is very important because i will be wearing them all day and everyday for long periods of time (i have no life 
smile.gif
) so the pair of headphones i buy they have to be comfortable.

Also looked into some of the AKG 702 and 701 did not really like the reviews i saw of people who purchased them some are good some are bad but mostly bad

i looked into the Beyer dynamic headphones the DT990's the 250 ohms and 32 ohms but i heard the clamp force on the 250 ohms are kinda too tight so not sure about those since i can't try them on in person they say the 32 ohms are comfy though also they seem to leak alot of sound more than other pairs so thats not a good thing either.

Pretty much looked into all the sennheisers 598,600,650,700,800 but i do not have enough money for the 700's or 800's

So i do like the X1s but are the L2's better? and also the prices i can get them at do you think its worth it? when i can buy a hd600s for 
475.55 with free 2 day shipping​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back