Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :)
Aug 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #76 of 88
  I have been hearing that the Sennheisers HD650's have good bass and i was wondering if the HD650's are better than the philips fidelio x1 in the genres of music i listen to or are the philips fidelio x1's a more fun sounding headphone than the HD650 and the 650's are more analytical and more boring sound? 

Can somebody tell me what the differences are between the two just wondering if the HD650s would be better?

from the reviews i have watched and what people have told me i am leaning towards buying the X1s very soon along with what ever else i need to make them sound awesome but i just wanted to know if the HD650's could be better before i spend almost 400$ on a pair of headphones any help is greatly appreciated and you guys are all extremely helpful! Thanks!

Ooh, I think you're looking at the wrong characteristic.  You want the best combination of speed and bass, with speed being far more important (especially with edm).  Outside of spending obscene amounts of money, or buying dedicated dj headphones, you're not going to get the combination of speed and bass you can get with the X1.  Trust me, you don't want more bass than what the X1 offers, especially if you like to listen to a wide variety of music.  My personal opinion is that the bass quantity makes it less versatile as it already is.  

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #77 of 88

Ooh, I think you're looking at the wrong characteristic.  You want the best combination of speed and bass, with speed being far more important (especially with edm).  Outside of spending obscene amounts of money, or buying dedicated dj headphones, you're not going to get the combination of speed and bass you can get with the X1.  Trust me, you don't want more bass than what the X1 offers, especially if you like to listen to a wide variety of music.  My personal opinion is that the bass quantity makes it less versatile as it already is.  

you are right thanks! and i will be buying the X1s most likely very soon because there is no official release date for the X2's to be coming out in NA could be months and i need a pair of headphones now :p

Thanks again everyone for your help now i need to decide if i should get a dac/amp if its even worth getting for this pair of headphones

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #78 of 88
Thanks again everyone for your help now i need to decide if i should get a dac/amp if its even worth getting for this pair of headphones

The one other thing you might consider buying is a 1.2 meter (4 feet) cable to replace the 3 meter cable that ships with the headphones.  (I think that's the official length of the shipping cable, never really took a good look at it to be honest).  Anyhow, 3 meters is pretty long for a computer setup.  I went with the Mediabridge 3.5mm male to male.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #79 of 88
Alright everyone i have officially just ordered the Philips Fidelio X1's from amazon and i would like to thank everyone who has helped me make the decision of buying these headphones you are all a great help!

first i will try them without an amp/dac and make a decision on whether to buy one or not but i may just get the Asus Essence STX sound card since i have that 170$ credit.

Also i will most likely be getting the V-Moda audio only cable to replace the Fidelio X1's stock cable.

Once again THANKS EVERYONE! :)

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #82 of 88
Grats on the purchase and enjoy the headphones, I know I did!

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #83 of 88
smelly earpads.....urrrrghhhhhh.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

anyway...a swap of alcohol every two hours will help. :p

enjoy your X1....then X2....then  hd600....hd650.....and onto LCDs...HE8..

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #84 of 88
  smelly earpads.....urrrrghhhhhh.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

anyway...a swap of alcohol every two hours will help. :p

enjoy your X1....then X2....then  hd600....hd650.....and onto LCDs...HE8..

Don't do it. Let him live in blissful ignorance of the upgrades he will pursue. For now 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #85 of 88
Don't do it. Let him live in blissful ignorance of the upgrades he will pursue. For now :veryevil:

This. OP, if you are reading this then run. Never look back, or this place will trap your wallet. You're still new, you still have a chance! RUUUNN!!

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #87 of 88
+10.......and everybody says...

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back