Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 25, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #541 of 4,426
  What do you want confirmed? That the guy is Asian, speaks poor English, and as a result we are a little lost in translation?

That the sole purpose of his new account was to bash Tralucent? Don't bother : )

+1

May 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #544 of 4,426
  Has anyone compared it to the TG334 yet? 

Yes I have. They are different and it's gonna really gonna be what your taste is like. Someone PMed me about the same question and very briefly I'd describe it as (loving my morning/evening analogy), the Ref 1 is like a fresh spring morning, whilst the TG!334 is more like a romantic "warm by the fireplace" evening.

i.e. the Ref 1 has a more energetic exciting what's new for today feel, whereas the TG!334 is more laid back, slower, relaxing kinda presentation. In terms of fullness of sound, the TG!334's infamous full bodied bass/mids gives that warmth but in a more intimate presentation, whilst the Ref 1 would be the more analytical of the two (but not as analytical as the 1Plus2) and has a vast soundstage.

That'll be my 2 yend worth anyway. Others with both IEMs may beg to differ.

May 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #545 of 4,426

... the Ref 1 is like a fresh spring morning, whilst the TG!334 is more like a romantic "warm by the fireplace" evening.

i.e. the Ref 1 has a more energetic exciting what's new for today feel, whereas the TG!334 is more laid back, slower, relaxing kinda presentation. In terms of fullness of sound, the TG!334's infamous full bodied bass/mids gives that warmth but in a more intimate presentation, whilst the Ref 1 would be the more analytical of the two (but not as analytical as the 1Plus2) and has a vast soundstage. ...

Then the Ref. 1 is perfect for me. If there is anything that makes the Ref. 1 sound clinical, that sounds suffocating to me. 

May 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #546 of 4,426

Then the Ref. 1 is perfect for me. If there is anything that makes the Ref. 1 sound clinical, that sounds suffocating to me. 

Agreed.  Really addictive!  I'm glad I had made this purchase decision so early and enable to enjoy its performance ahead of other fellow headfiers.

May 25, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #547 of 4,426
  Agreed.  Really addictive!  I'm glad I had made this purchase decision so early and enable to enjoy its performance ahead of other fellow headfiers.

Because this is all about the thrill of victory 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #548 of 4,426
May 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #549 of 4,426
i.e. the Ref 1 has a more energetic exciting what's new for today feel, whereas the TG!334 is more laid back, slower, relaxing kinda presentation. In terms of fullness of sound, the TG!334's infamous full bodied bass/mids gives that warmth but in a more intimate presentation, whilst the Ref 1 would be the more analytical of the two (but not as analytical as the 1Plus2) and has a vast soundstage.

Well I guess the it's back to the TG334s then. I love my warm(ish) presentation and intimate vocals. Gonna have to try the Ref1s when I get the chance but it seems the sound wouldn't sit well with me.

May 26, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #550 of 4,426
Well I guess the it's back to the TG334s then. I love my warm(ish) presentation and intimate vocals. Gonna have to try the Ref1s when I get the chance but it seems the sound wouldn't sit well with me.

You should give the Ref 1 a listen as you've already noticed above that others have differing opinions. For me, each has its place and depends on my mood. Given one or the other, I'd say that the Ref 1 is the more generic of the two - i.e. although the TG!334 may do well in the lush warm presentations for say the vocal jazz, to be honest I don't caer much for it for say 80's pop (which is the other genre I listen to a lot), classical strings, and R&B. The Ref 1 OTOH may not necessarily be the #1 in vocal jazz, it's at least in the top 5 (in my books of all the IEMs I've experienced at least) for vocal jazz and does other genre well too - therefore if you swtich genre a lot, then the Ref 1 would be the more generic of the two.

The TG!334 sits more comfortably in my ears than the Ref 1 though.

May 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #551 of 4,426
  Because this is all about the thrill of victory 
biggrin.gif

Either way, he's having more fun than you are right now ; )

I'm with Anak on this one. I wouldn't jump to conclusions - Ref. 1 does things in a unique way. There is that richness in there that you crave, that emotional intimacy, but all the while maintaining a refined and engaging presentation. They won't rock you to sleep, but you'll have that warm, mild intoxication, like after that first glass of red. 

You should give the Ref 1 a listen as you've already noticed above that others have differing opinions. 

May 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #553 of 4,426

DSD > Chord HUGO > Ref 1 =
Win

Note: only some recordings on this SACD only....

That's good to hear, CHG! Remember I had Head-fiers from singapore who wanted me to listen to your Ref 1 and give my impressions?

Well, Gavin will be returning the compliment of my trip up North by visiting me in Singapore 19-23 June: that promises to be fun!

Even better is I hear that there might be a showcase on, among other things, the Ref 1. So, my friends in Singapore will get to listen for themselves what we have discussing here. :)

May 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #554 of 4,426
That's good to hear, CHG! Remember I had Head-fiers from singapore who wanted me to listen to your Ref 1 and give my impressions?

Well, Gavin will be returning the compliment of my trip up North by visiting me in Singapore 19-23 June: that promises to be fun!

Even better is I hear that there might be a showcase on, among other things, the Ref 1. So, my friends in Singapore will get to listen for themselves what we have discussing here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait.... Is he going to that meet on the 22nd? If so then I might be able to get a listen in on the Ref 1s too! 

May 28, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #555 of 4,426
Not that one, I fear. Details are still being worked out I hear.
Wait.... Is he going to that meet on the 22nd? If so then I might be able to get a listen in on the Ref 1s too! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back