Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #571 of 4,426
  Just got them...running them balanced from ak240....man....incredible, Not sure there is much better. The comfort and isolation is better than the 1plus2. Does anyone with this combo experience some issues when moving the jack in the ak240 balanced out?

What cable are you using? I have 2 cables, the Whiplash Twau Ref and Ted's litz silver cable. What I found was that with the Whiplash cable I experienced issues like sound cutting out from one of the earpieces when I moved the jack around in the AK240's balanced out while Ted's cable had no issues whatsoever.

May 30, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #572 of 4,426
  Just got them...running them balanced from ak240....man....incredible, Not sure there is much better. The comfort and isolation is better than the 1plus2. Does anyone with this combo experience some issues when moving the jack in the ak240 balanced out?

No problem with my DIY (converted my Tralucent Uber) balanced TRRS so far.  

May 30, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #573 of 4,426
  What cable are you using? I have 2 cables, the Whiplash Twau Ref and Ted's litz silver cable. What I found was that with the Whiplash cable I experienced issues like sound cutting out from one of the earpieces when I moved the jack around in the AK240's balanced out while Ted's cable had no issues whatsoever.

Ok so apparently these 2.5 jacks are much more fragile and prone to defects....but the sound out of this iem man...

May 30, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #576 of 4,426
Today was a GOOD day...

Addendum: My DAC/Amp One is now fully charged and I can say without reservation that the synergy between the Amp One and Ref.1 is superb. Maybe it isn't the most expensive amp that one can choose to pair with the Ref.1, but its not likely that one could tell that from the sound!

Great impressions, I'm starting to get really excited about receiving mine. You've also got me curious about the DAC/Amp One now, I'll have to read up on it.

May 30, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #578 of 4,426
  guess i am getting mine soon...if u wanna fly to melbourne.. and maybe u can even try with uber if i haven't sold my 1plus2+uber then 

Keep your uber and it helps to extract the most out from your Ref.1.

May 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #581 of 4,426
too expensive, might just get whiplash top tier to try...a couple of hungred cheaper
too expensive, might just get whiplash top tier to try...a couple of hungred cheaper

I briefly tried my Whiplash TwAu with my Ref.1 and IMO, the stock silver/gold sounded better. I will spend some more time comparing as soon as I get a chance.

UPDATE May 31: After some more in-depth comparisons, I have revised my initial opinion. I find that the TwAu to be a good choice for pairing with the Ref.1. An overall more expansive soundstage and the lighter weight and flexibility make the TwAu a very nice choice for listening while on the move. I do like the 90 degree plug as well and, so far, have found no downside for its use.

May 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #583 of 4,426
different, and I need more time, but I think with fast modern, punchy music, Ref 1 will be hard to beat. That bass man...

Michael, dare I ask how does the Ref1 compare with Roxanne customs :)? I had been following you on the Roxanne thread. I am sure they are different. How do the two compare for the bass?

May 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #584 of 4,426
different, and I need more time, but I think with fast modern, punchy music, Ref 1 will be hard to beat. That bass man...

I look forward to hearing from you!  Take your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back