Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #586 of 4,426
WOW! Roxanne is still backlogged 
angry_face.gif
?

May 31, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #588 of 4,426
Either that or they hate me...which is possible given how I crap on them on the thread. And the feeling is reciprocal. I guess they also put all musician orders first...so basically do not give a baboon's ass about us.

Ooh! This I need to read! Mike angry? :)

May 31, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #589 of 4,426
Either that or they hate me...which is possible given how I crap on them on the thread. And the feeling is reciprocal. I guess they also put all musician orders first...so basically do not give a baboon's ass about us.

I thought you order will be shipped by the end of May? What on earth is going on?

May 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #591 of 4,426
Out of interest:-

For AK240 owners, EQ off is quite heavily boosted (the Android Default???), to have the player with no EQ. It appears one needs to turn EQ on and set at 0 across the bands as a personal setting....

May 31, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #592 of 4,426
+ I love (Tralucent).
I've just bought the other one (with Uber). It's lovely - it's quite mindblowing actually.
See you guys soon.

May 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #593 of 4,426
  Out of interest:-

For AK240 owners, EQ off is quite heavily boosted (the Android Default???), to have the player with no EQ. It appears one needs to turn EQ on and set at 0 across the bands as a personal setting....

It's not actually boosted, but rather all DAPs lower the volume across the entire spectrum when EQ is switched on even with the bar at neutral +/- 0 db. The reason EQ is made to behave this way is to prevent over boosting beyond a certain cap and risk damaging the internal circuitry according to someone who posted on the iBasso thread. For example, I have experienced the same lowering of volume on DX90, FiiO X5 and AK120 when the EQ is enabled with the bar at neutral.

In the case of AK240, the max increase is +5 db. I have tested the exact amount lowered by enabling the EQ is around -2.5 db. So basically you just need to push the bar up to +2.5 db across the entire frequency spectrum to get back to the original sound volume with EQ off. You can try it for yourself by creating a new EQ preset with +2.5 db to all parts of the spectrum and then keep switching EQ on/off to check the volume change.

May 31, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #594 of 4,426

It's not actually boosted, but rather all DAPs lower the volume across the entire spectrum when EQ is switched on even with the bar at neutral +/- 0 db. The reason EQ is made to behave this way is to prevent over boosting beyond a certain cap and risk damaging the internal circuitry according to someone who posted on the iBasso thread. For example, I have experienced the same lowering of volume on DX90, FiiO X5 and AK120 when the EQ is enabled with the bar at neutral.

In the case of AK240, the max increase is +5 db. I have tested the exact amount lowered by enabling the EQ is around -2.5 db. So basically you just need to push the bar up to +2.5 db across the entire frequency spectrum to get back to the original sound volume with EQ off. You can try it for yourself by creating a new EQ preset with +2.5 db to all parts of the spectrum and then keep switching EQ on/off to check the volume change.

My bad, you are absolutely correct. I tried just now.....

But I must say that there's is a discernible difference sonically, when the EQ is on and at 0db.

May 31, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #595 of 4,426

WOW! Roxanne is still backlogged 
angry_face.gif
?

No, they simply got a crapload of orders.

Anyhow, this is not the Roxanne thread.

May 31, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #596 of 4,426

Anyhow, this is not the Roxanne thread.

Good point.

So far in this page Tralucent's name only appeared once (apart from the heading).  Shall we back to what this thread should be...cheers

May 31, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #598 of 4,426
Jh should at least throw in some freebies for the delay like extra cable and future discount coupons
Time is money and apparently their time is more precious than yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back