Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,021 of 4,426
They will arrive with a basic cable, i want to upgrade to silver/gold Tralucent until I can afford to get something better.
Have you used your Ref1 Too with movies?
How does that cable compare with Uber Too if you have any ideas?

I tried Uber Too cable on Plus5 but have no other reference to judge it by, meaning no other earphones it was attached to.

I don't personally watch movies with my earphones, I imagine they will work quite well though, especially explosions and bass orientated sound effects, the bass extension on Ref.1 is about the best I've heard.

Sometimes I wonder how the shells don't break or bits fall out the nozzle the bass they produce...

All I'll say is a good cable is rather important to get the most from these earphones, it should be a high priority before any final judgement. :)

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,023 of 4,426
Once i get them and i will get used to the sound signature i will focus obviously to get a better cable.
Anyone tried Linun SuperBax cable with any Tralucent IEM?

Linun SuperBax didn't do much for me with 12P or R2

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #4,024 of 4,426
Once i get them and i will get used to the sound signature i will focus obviously to get a better cable.
Anyone tried Linun SuperBax cable with any Tralucent IEM?

You want a nice beefy cable musicday, none of that cat whisker strand stuff!

Contact this guy, have one made with this your movies will sound amazing.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #4,026 of 4,426
That guy being who?
Thank you for your suggestion.

I don't know who he is musicday, it was a joke, no one could use a cable that big on an IEM. 
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #4,027 of 4,426
That guy being who?

Thank you for your suggestion.

I don't know who he is musicday, it was a joke, no one could use a cable that big on an IEM. :p

I was joking too, and while i was joking i was wondering if same person will do thinner cables based on the one above.
Seems that there are not too many good alternative cables for the Tralucent IEMs.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #4,028 of 4,426
I was joking too, and while i was joking i was wondering if same person will do thinner cables based on the one above.
Seems that there are not too many good alternative cables for the Tralucent IEMs.

Besides the obvious Tralucent cables which Gavin voices for his IEMs you have Toxic Cables and Ted's Headphone Lounge as some options. Toxic Cables being quite expensive and Ted's cables being more affordable. I have a cable from all 3 companies and these are the ones I would be looking at personally. (I'd probably lean for some form of silver cable or silver/gold). You will find their threads in the cable forums.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #4,029 of 4,426
I use Whiplash TWAU reference gold plated cable with my original Ref1 and like the SQ better than the stock Tralucent silver/gold cable that came with it. Also, ergonomically this Whiplash is the best IEM cable I have ever used (use that combo exclusively with my Tera). I also do have the uber too which is amazing - in the league by itself  however I'm using it only when stationary - I would feel nervous using when moving around, and that may be due to some extent just to how much it cost.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #4,030 of 4,426
I'm so torn between the Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Gavin's silver/gold. Just when I'm sure one takes my preference I switch over and the other impresses me.

Its best I refrain from commenting about them any longer...

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #4,031 of 4,426
I'm so torn between the Toxic Cable Silver Widow and Gavin's silver/gold. Just when I'm sure one takes my preference I switch over and the other impresses me.

Its best I refrain from commenting about them any longer...

At least is good for you to have such a difficult dilemma in deciding which:grin:
Mine are stuck in customs and it shouldn't.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #4,032 of 4,426
At least is good for you to have such a difficult dilemma in deciding which:grin:
Mine are stuck in customs and it shouldn't.

That's true. :)

Why are yours being held? That would drive me nuts. Australia are pretty good in that regard. (at least my experience)

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #4,033 of 4,426
Well my Tera Player is ready with lots of music available to be fully tested.
Also i want to try few movies on Netflix with my LG Flex to take fully advantage of that bass port which is meanto to be amazing for fast action movies.
I am hoping to see it moving from customs today, but i won't put to much hope i case I will be disappointed.

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #4,034 of 4,426
Also i want to try few movies on Netflix with my LG Flex to take fully advantage of that bass port which is meanto to be amazing for fast action movies.
I am hoping to see it moving from customs today, but i won't put to much hope i case I will be disappointed.

I could actually watch movies with my Ref.1 right now because I have the Tralucent DacAmp One connected to my 10" tablet above my bed. Netflix subscription active.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #4,035 of 4,426

I could actually watch movies with my Ref.1 right now because I have the Tralucent DacAmp One connected to my 10" tablet above my bed. Netflix subscription active.

Please do and let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back