Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 23, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #4,006 of 4,426
@kiats I've Whiplash TWcu 8 braid and ordered Rhapsodio Dark Nihght SPC. I love bass, so maybe the spc or copper good choice for me. Bur also I love the clarity and resolutions.

I would recommend a good silver based cable. Have you tried Tralucent's silver gold cable? Or have a look at Toxic Cables' SW22 or Hydra cable.

Unless you are ready for the Tralucent Uber cable. :)

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,007 of 4,426
I need some cable suggestions for Ref1. What do you think about SPC or Copper cable?

The Tralucent Uber Too will be your ultimate choice.  Anything other than uber will be at a lower level IMHO.

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #4,008 of 4,426

The Tralucent Uber Too will be your ultimate choice.  Anything other than uber will be at a lower level IMHO.

Brimar supreme reference is pretty ultimate also 
wink.gif

and

SilverFi IEM-R4 is apparently very good - im sure flinkenick knows more about this 
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #4,009 of 4,426

Brimar supreme reference is pretty ultimate also :wink:

and

SilverFi IEM-R4 is apparently very good - im sure [COLOR=FF4400]flinkenick[/COLOR] knows more about this :p

Supreme Reference Monarch ( The Grand Master Series ) cost $2600!!!
Anyone tried this cable?

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #4,011 of 4,426
I picked up a Sony ZX1 Walkman quite cheap recently, I quite like the synergy between Ref.1 and the older Walkman.

I find the ZX1 to sound a little clinical or coldish which leans in my favour with the Tralucent IEM. I'm not blind though to hear some slight flaws like a loss in cohesion and refinement at (quite) high volumes.

Overall though for general listening I really enjoy it.

I think it looks quite nice along with the cable as well.

@musicday

Have you decided on a cable yet for your Ref.1 Too? 

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #4,012 of 4,426
  I picked up a Sony ZX1 Walkman quite cheap recently, I quite like the synergy between Ref.1 and the older Walkman.

I find the ZX1 to sound a little clinical or coldish which leans in my favour with the Tralucent IEM. I'm not blind though to hear some slight flaws like a loss in cohesion and refinement at (quite) high volumes.

Overall though for general listening I really enjoy it.

I think it looks quite nice along with the cable as well.

@musicday

Have you decided on a cable yet for your Ref.1 Too? 

Nice

I'm rocking the big brother of that set up this morning. NW-ZX2 - balanced Silver widow cable - Ref1 Too

Delightful :grinning:

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #4,013 of 4,426

Nice

I'm rocking the big brother of that set up this morning. NW-ZX2 - balanced Silver widow cable - Ref1 Too

Delightful :grinning:

Is the ZX2 on the coldish side like ZX1?  I need to use the Silver Widow and a cool source to enjoy the orginal Ref.1, but when I get them tuned in correctly they're a dream come true. Its quite a conflicting earphone the original Ref.1, it does alter between sources the most from my Tralucent line up.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #4,014 of 4,426

Is the ZX2 on the coldish side like ZX1?  I need to use the Silver Widow and a cool source to enjoy the orginal Ref.1, but when I get them tuned in correctly they're a dream come true. Its quite a conflicting earphone the original Ref.1, it does alter between sources the most from my Tralucent line up.

​No, the ZX2 has a slightly warm signature. I wasn't sure how the Ref1 toos would play with it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the pairing. The silver widow is a great link in the chain.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #4,015 of 4,426

No, the ZX2 has a slightly warm signature. I wasn't sure how the Ref1 toos would play with it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the pairing. The silver widow is a great link in the chain.

Too expensive ZX2, need to wait a few more years when I find it used, when no one cares any longer.

I can demo it if I ever got off my butt and head to the demo store.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #4,016 of 4,426
Too expensive ZX2, need to wait a few more years when I find it used, when no one cares any longer.

I can demo it if I ever got off my butt and head to the demo store.

I reckon you'll see a few decent price drops over the next few weeks, as people jump on the WM1 A&Z bandwagon

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #4,017 of 4,426
I reckon you'll see a few decent price drops over the next few weeks, as people jump on the WM1 A&Z bandwagon

You're right happens all the time. 
wink_face.gif

Btw you're 100% enjoying Ref.1 Too more than your old 1Plus2?

I think you should be punished for selling them. 
devil_face.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,018 of 4,426
@H20Fidelity what cable is that? I should be getting my Ref1 Too sometimes tomorrow and i am thinking to pair it with the stock silver gold cable until i can upgrade to Uber Too or other high end after market cable.Looking forward to try this IEM with my Tera Player and also with some movies as quite few people said they are brilliant.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #4,019 of 4,426
@H20Fidelity what cable is that? I should be getting my Ref1 Too sometimes tomorrow and i am thinking to pair it with the stock silver gold cable until i can upgrade to Uber Too or other high end after market cable.Looking forward to try this IEM with my Tera Player and also with some movies as quite few people said they are brilliant.

Its Toxic Cables - Silver Widow. When a camera flash reflects off the cable strands it glows white like in the photo. :)

(Uber cable doesn't do that)

:D

What cable do they arrive with then, silver/gold Tralucent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back