Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #4,036 of 4,426
Okay...finally... after all this time, the Ref1 Too is in the house , my house
tongue.gif
 actually many thanks to a reputable Headfi member. I am listening to them right now out of the Tera Player. and...well I am very pleased with the sound. The instrument separation is very real and I can easily place each instrument where it is in the song. From 70's,80's,90's pop, classical, jazz, blues and rap the Tralucent Ref1 Too is a IEM very pleasant to listen to with a rather unusual big soundstage for their size, and that Bass, now I understand what others were saying about the bass.Big, strong, powerful with a big  fast impact inside the music and it is present only when is the case, so the sound doesn't get at all coloured like with other IEM's. They are 2-3 steps above from any other IEM brand when used directly paired with the Tera Player IMHO.
Congratulations to Gavin for what he has created. If this sound this good with a basic simple cable....the question is:how much better will Plus5 with the Uber Too cable will sound? Well I may find out in the near future.
rolleyes.gif
 This is for the very first time when I do not feel the need to switch from IEM's to full size closed headphones.
Not only that I recommend this brand but also it is a must to be heard by any Tera Player owner. I can easily enjoy only this combination for a long time without other needs to look for another sound signature.
The only small issue I have with them now is that, me having small ears I can feel them inside the ear canal. I am using rather simple silicone comply tips that are not very comfortable but the sound is at it should I think.
Anyone with small ears can point me in the right direction for most comfortable tips? JVC spiral dots, Ortofon? The foam tips are any good, not changing the sound?
I am yet to try a movie but I am looking forward to that too, but now I enjoy them at maximum with music.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #4,037 of 4,426
tongue.gif
 actually many thanks to a reputable Headfi member. I am listening to them right now out of the Tera Player. and...well I am very pleased with the sound. The instrument separation is very real and I can easily place each instrument where it is in the song. From 70's,80's,90's pop, classical, jazz, blues and rap the Tralucent Ref1 Too is a IEM very pleasant to listen to with a rather unusual big soundstage for their size, and that Bass, now I understand what others were saying about the bass.Big, strong, powerful with a big  fast impact inside the music and it is present only when is the case, so the sound doesn't get at all coloured like with other IEM's. They are 2-3 steps above from any other IEM brand when used directly paired with the Tera Player IMHO.
Congratulations to Gavin for what he has created. If this sound this good with a basic simple cable....the question is:how much better will Plus5 with the Uber Too cable will sound? Well I may find out in the near future.
rolleyes.gif
 This is for the very first time when I do not feel the need to switch from IEM's to full size closed headphones.
Not only that I recommend this brand but also it is a must to be heard by any Tera Player owner. I can easily enjoy only this combination for a long time without other needs to look for another sound signature.
The only small issue I have with them now is that, me having small ears I can feel them inside the ear canal. I am using rather simple silicone comply tips that are not very comfortable but the sound is at it should I think.
Anyone with small ears can point me in the right direction for most comfortable tips? JVC spiral dots, Ortofon? The foam tips are any good, not changing the sound?
I am yet to try a movie but I am looking forward to that too, but now I enjoy them at maximum with music.

Congratulations! It's great that you can finally hear what this combo is all about. As far as tips go, I have tried so many I can't even remember, and ended up liking JVC spiral dots M/L size by far the best. I use them with all 3 pairs of my Tralucents. And yes, uber too cable should be next on your list to get best possible SQ out of these phones.
Enjoy!

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #4,038 of 4,426
Congrats, musicday! Glad you like it. You can't go wrong with Ortofon or JVC. JVC had an advantage in that it has in between sizes as well: L, ML, M etc. Though the Ortofon silicone ones are very comfy.

Foam tips tend to kill treble... from my past experience.

Hope that helps! :)

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #4,039 of 4,426
tongue.gif
 actually many thanks to a reputable Headfi member. I am listening to them right now out of the Tera Player. and...well I am very pleased with the sound. 

Welcome to the family...

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #4,040 of 4,426
I am a big fan of the ortofon tips with the ref1too.
Steer clear of foams.

Also I really enjoy nice big bore with very shallow for and a mild to light Seal.

Really creates a sense of space and euphoric sound. Bass is tighter and it really allows the texture in the lower mids and Bass to shine.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,044 of 4,426
Finally musicday!!! Enjoy them. They are definitely spectacular for movies. Uber Too really is an excellent match for the Ref 1. I decided to use the Uber Too exclusively for the Ref instead of the P5.

That being said, I still prefer the Plus 5 over the Ref 1 Too... It edges the mighty Ref 1 out in every category, except bass. Bass, it's still the king of audiophile IEMS.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #4,045 of 4,426
Finally musicday!!! Enjoy them. They are definitely spectacular for movies. Uber Too really is an excellent match for the Ref 1. I decided to use the Uber Too exclusively for the Ref instead of the P5.

That being said, I still prefer the Plus 5 over the Ref 1 Too... It edges the mighty Ref 1 out in every category, except bass. Bass, it's still the king of audiophile IEMS.

Thank you all my friends..Now let's get this thread growing.That bass in the Ref 1 Too is something to write home about.
Is the instrument separation, wider soundstage and more micro details in the Plus5 compared to Ref 1 Too?
Only thing Ref1 Too can do better is bass?

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #4,046 of 4,426

Finally @musicday!!! Enjoy them. They are definitely spectacular for movies. Uber Too really is an excellent match for the Ref 1. I decided to use the Uber Too exclusively for the Ref instead of the P5.

Thank you all my friends..Now let's get this thread growing.That bass in the Ref 1 Too is something to write home about.
Is the instrument separation, wider soundstage and more micro details in the Plus5 compared to Ref 1 Too?
Only thing Ref1 Too can do better is bass?

I have all 3 tralucent phones and while they are all excellent all around iems (especially with Tera), my summary of their particular strengths the following:

1. Original 1plus2 - excels in treble (perfect for voice, classical music)
2. Original Ref1 - excels in bass as you already know - slightly less detail and stage than 1plus2 and especially plus5
3. Plus5 - best of all worlds - perfectly balanced and extremely detailed. Widest stage of the 3.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #4,047 of 4,426
tgdinamo hit the nail on the head. It's been a couple of years since I owned the 1p2, but from my recollection I completely agree with TG. I did own the OG Ref, but I really am unable to go into the differences between the OG and the Too. Both are magnificent.

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #4,048 of 4,426
tgdinamo hit the nail on the head. It's been a couple of years since I owned the 1p2, but from my recollection I completely agree with TG. I did own the OG Ref, but I really am unable to go into the differences between the OG and the Too. Both are magnificent.

I'm so in love with the Ref1 too right now, that I think I'd find it hard to move to the plus 5.

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #4,050 of 4,426
What i don't understand is why we are only a handful of Tralucent IEMs owners?
Are they made by hand only by Gavin?
Also have anyone compared Ref1 Too with a high end CIEM?

I'm sure Gavin would be the first to agree he doesn't make a big push to market his IEMs. You just have to look at the website to see it hasn't been updated in a couple of years.

The Tralucent brand progresses by word of mouth which says a great deal about just how good his IEMs are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back