Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,902 of 4,426
If your tastes trend towards ref1 you Angie will sound like garbage to you.

Ok that might be a little strong. But I hated it.

I quite liked the rosie, however to enjoy it I ran exclusively foam tips with a warmer/smoother source. Mojo was great.

I found the rosie to sound more realistic than the ref1, particularly with electric guitars etc. However, I sold them to fund my ref1 buy back scheme
wink.gif
so that's where my alliance lies.

But I also liked the jh13 a lot. Which while the rosie differs, it is still along those lines but a bit warmer.

But back to the Angie's nope nope with some nope sauce.

how about the layla compared to ref1

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,903 of 4,426
That's great news!

Does it make the sound of Ref.1 more vibrant? 

I would say so. Certainly more so than the n5. I preferred it to the ar m20.

Not as much so and he cayin n6 though which was my favourite with the ref1.

I am thinking of getting a c5 amp to go with my n5 for dap duty and dragonfly for streaming and laptop duty :)

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #3,904 of 4,426
I would say so. Certainly more so than the n5. I preferred it to the ar m20.

Not as much so and he cayin n6 though which was my favourite with the ref1.

I am thinking of getting a c5 amp to go with my n5 for dap duty and dragonfly for streaming and laptop duty
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you try the Cayin C5?

Its quite a large amp and leans on the warm side imo. Not sure it would be what you're after if wanting to lift the warmth from your N5 player.  You could always go for a Tralucent T1 amp, I know there are some still on eBay USA. 

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #3,905 of 4,426
Did you try the Cayin C5?

Its quite a large amp and leans on the warm side imo. Not sure it would be what you're after if wanting to lift the warmth from your N5 player.  You could always go for a Tralucent T1 amp, I know there are some still on eBay USA. 

Hmm I have but not on with the ref1. Think I had mentors at the time.

Thanks for the heads up

I will have to look around or some lean horrible cold amps hahahahha.

I had a Tralucent amp and an ak100 originally. Was like a wire with gain that thing. Very nice

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,906 of 4,426
I think that the Oppo HA2 has pretty nice synergy with the Ref1 although the list of amps I've used is small.

I would love to use the Dragonfly Red but since I use an iphone, I'm not a fan of carrying around a CCK.

p.s. I love that the HA2 is a mobile power bank too.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #3,907 of 4,426
I think that the Oppo HA2 has pretty nice synergy with the Ref1 although the list of amps I've used is small.

I would love to use the Dragonfly Red but since I use an iphone, I'm not a fan of carrying around a CCK.

p.s. I love that the HA2 is a mobile power bank too.

HA2 was nice, I agree.

But we found something better...

See if it goes ahead. :wink:

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,908 of 4,426
Jul 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,911 of 4,426
I wanted to update this thread. It's been sufficient time for me to make a choice as to which I prefer, the Tralucent Ref 1 or the Tralucent Plus 5... I'm thinking I should update later though, and do a H20Fidelity type press release, stay tuned for my findings, tonight at 8pm Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for reading.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #3,912 of 4,426
I wanted to update this thread. It's been sufficient time for me to make a choice as to which I prefer, the Tralucent Ref 1 or the Tralucent Plus 5... I'm thinking I should update later though, and do a H20Fidelity type press release, stay tuned for my findings, tonight at 8pm Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for reading.

Ha ha that's very funny.
Looking forward to read a indepth detailed review between the two earphones.:trophy::trophy::trophy:

Jul 16, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,913 of 4,426
Thank you, I try. It one be in depth, I'm not very good at articulate my musical interpretations via text unfortunately.

Suffice it to say, the unthinkable has happened and I find my preference to be the Plus 5. I constantly find myself grabbing the Plus 5 over the Ref 1 Too. When I do try to listen to the Ref 1 Too, I yearn for the Plus 5 and I cut the listening session off and return to the Plus 5. The Plus 5 has officially replaced the Ref 1 Too as my number one, I honestly can not believe it. I still prefer the bass impact of the Ref 1 Too, basically I prefer the bass overall of the Ref 1 Too. That's just the basshead in me.

When my Sony EX800st are returned I'll compare them to the Plus 5, although I doubt they will fair any better considering I prefer the Ref 1 Too over them as well.

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #3,914 of 4,426
Thank you, I try. It one be in depth, I'm not very good at articulate my musical interpretations via text unfortunately.

Suffice it to say, the unthinkable has happened and I find my preference to be the Plus 5. I constantly find myself grabbing the Plus 5 over the Ref 1 Too. When I do try to listen to the Ref 1 Too, I yearn for the Plus 5 and I cut the listening session off and return to the Plus 5. The Plus 5 has officially replaced the Ref 1 Too as my number one, I honestly can not believe it. I still prefer the bass impact of the Ref 1 Too, basically I prefer the bass overall of the Ref 1 Too. That's just the basshead in me.

When my Sony EX800st are returned I'll compare them to the Plus 5, although I doubt they will fair any better considering I prefer the Ref 1 Too over them as well.

#fakebasshead warrior1975 :)

beware there is a virus that affects bassheads and transforms them to fakebassheads, i got infected so i am in therapy now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back