Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #3,872 of 4,426
I
So Taiyo,you own them both Ref1 too and Plus5 and you like them both but you cannot tell us what one can do better than the other?
Please give pros and cons of both!

I don't know how to say pros and cons of each.
But when I put together doing AB test. I feel p5 is better. Both are transparent and detail. But p5 you can heard extra.

When not ab test, i switch the earphone after a period. I feel ref1 too also excellent.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #3,874 of 4,426
I've spent a few good days juggling between Tralucent DacAmp One and Chord Mojo with Ref.1 (for the second time round). My opinion remains very similar, I still lean towards Gavin's device. I don't think there's any need to recollect my previous thoughts in full. The DacAmp One sounds like a high-end device, Mojo while very detailed doesn't have the layering, timbre and spaciousness, I don't feel an emotional connection with my music. Now, if Gavin's DAC wasn't here (which is discontinued now btw) I may think Mojo is the end to all, though there's another device here which proves (IMO) that isn't the case. 

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #3,875 of 4,426

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,876 of 4,426
I've updated my signature this evening to reflect my circumstances. I know this now makes me look like Tralucent fanboi #1 but I cannot keep everyone from the truth as I had been placing dummy IEMs there to cover up things for a long time. 

Now I feel at rest, not having it on my chest any longer. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #3,882 of 4,426
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa boyyyyeeeeeeeee!! Welcome back my brother!!!

Coincidentally, I am listening to my Ref 1 Too, first time I've laid down for a legit ref 1 Too session since the purchase of the devil's spawn, plus 5. I want to love my precious more, and I do!!

HAHAHA nice.

Sadly I have some serious waxage issues :p
In short I have to frequently get my ears cleaned out.  I received the Ref1 yesterday but have been using ear drops for the last few days and am booked in to have them cleaned tonight.

So I have been in the presence of ref1too's for a day and just had to stare at them :frowning2:

lol.

Funnily enough, these are actually my original pair of ref1too's.  So its good to have the kids come back home!

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #3,883 of 4,426
HAHAHA nice.

Sadly I have some serious waxage issues :p
In short I have to frequently get my ears cleaned out.  I received the Ref1 yesterday but have been using ear drops for the last few days and am booked in to have them cleaned tonight.

So I have been in the presence of ref1too's for a day and just had to stare at them :frowning2:

lol.

Funnily enough, these are actually my original pair of ref1too's.  So its good to have the kids come back home!
Sell your Mojo then wait a few months and but it back. Too much wax can be due to loud music plus ones ears needs a certain amount of wax.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,884 of 4,426
Sell your Mojo then wait a few months and but it back. Too much wax can be due to loud music plus ones ears needs a certain amount of wax.

What a great idea. Or I could not.

Yes this has been an issue since I was a child, before listening to loud music.  I highly doubt one requires enough wax to create a seal within the ear causing pressure, ringing, migraines and an overly sensitive wife who does not feel she is heard.

But noted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back