Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 19, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #3,932 of 4,426
I don't think there is a best IEM, at least not by mass opinion, only individual preferences. I've heard earphones I thought were pretty bad yet member B felt it was amazing. Same can be said visa versa. Actually, I can't off the top of my head think of any single IEM everyone on Head-fi agreed it was good, good value or without a flaw of some sort.

What a bunch of fuss pots...

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #3,933 of 4,426
I don't think there is a best IEM, at least not by mass opinion, only individual preferences. I've heard earphones I thought were pretty bad yet member B felt it was amazing. Same can be said visa versa. Actually, I can't off the top of my head think of any single IEM everyone on Head-fi agreed it was good, good value or without a flaw of some sort.

What a bunch of fuss pots...

Lol yeah I remember reading the praises of the um miracle.

It lasted about 2.3 seconds in my ears

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #3,934 of 4,426
Lol yeah I remember reading the praises of the um miracle.

It lasted about 2.3 seconds in my ears

I guess the most important aspect is understanding different signatures, even if we personally think they just suck. I've tried a few times with warmer IEM opposite of my general preference. You can do it but the course of natural selection will always draw you back in the end. Its a good way to decide between different IEMs, your hand will (in the end) reach for the one you prefer without thinking about it.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #3,935 of 4,426
Still Rolling these as I misplaced my previous favourite tips for the ref1too after selling them the first time.

I have a pair of tips I received with my ak Rosie's that I love with the ref1 but they are too big, the sound is great but the fit is very shallow and insecure. I know it's a bit silly asking here but I will ask in the ak thread. Does anyone know where one can buy these tips aftermarket/as an accessory?

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #3,936 of 4,426
The best tips for Ref.1 (and all Tralucent IEMs) are the red core ones that are included with Noble earphones (and others). I've tested this personally multiple times over the course of several years.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #3,937 of 4,426
The best tips for Ref.1 (and all Tralucent IEMs) are the red core ones that are included with Noble earphones (and others). I've tested this personally multiple times over the course of several years.

While I value your opinion I disagree hahaha

Nah if I am honest I don't mind the sound of those, however if find them to irritate my ear canal very quickly.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #3,938 of 4,426
While I value your opinion I disagree hahaha

Nah if I am honest I don't mind the sound of those, however if find them to irritate my ear canal very quickly.

No, you're definitely wrong, I've tested it several times.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #3,940 of 4,426
Battles of the tips 
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,941 of 4,426
The irony is we simply don't have the best tip for everyone, much like we don't have the best IEM for anyone either.

Because we all have different ear:

1. Canals
  2. Depth  (insertion the nozzle will settle)
  3. Curves
  4. Angles

Although it would appear from an observation many are in agreement Spiral Dot work extremely well for them.

That's all for today's lesson. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back