Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #3,947 of 4,426
I've been thinking about everything been said in this thread recently.

Tonight I performed some tip rolling, I seem to prefer tips with a thinner wall, I feel this adds a little lift in the tonality which is what the Noble tips also do. I can't use Spiral Dot tips on my Ref.1 because with my ear canals it introduces a treble spike. Not only this, while I completely understand the benefits these tips provide they also make the sound a little over cumbered for me, thick or forceful which leads to early fatigue.

I have found another tip providing some good response.

Skullcandy tips.

The ones with little skulls on the side. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,949 of 4,426
I don't listen to much else these days other than Michel Jonasz. Granted my listening sessions are becoming shorter so an hour or two each night never seems to bore me. I have about 9 of his albums varying in mastering quality.

His music has honestly ruined most other artists for me, (or I'm not trying hard enough). I try my Cassandra Wilson albums, boring, Maria Mena, boring.. Maybe its the French vocals/lyrics, after all I am 1/4 French.

So this is where I'm at, Michel Jonasz every night, all night, through Tralucent earphones with absolutely no Interest to change a thing.

Head-fi, the big journey.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,950 of 4,426
I guess the question is, should I try said artist at the risk of falling into the same trap?

This got my through the last part of my day today.

Great working music.  Well great if you focus on work as its not distracting, but if you let it distract you, it kind of has a +100 to chill effect on me and I go into a catatonic state.

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #3,952 of 4,426
*Stands up and clears his throat... Cough, Cough*

Urmm, hi everybody... My name is CraftyClown and I'm an audioholic.

So I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Ref1 too but the only thing I'm still curious about is the soundstage compared to the original 1plus2, which I adore. Should I expect much the same? Or might there be a notable difference?

Cheers all

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #3,953 of 4,426
*Stands up and clears his throat... Cough, Cough*

Urmm, hi everybody... My name is CraftyClown and I'm an audioholic.

So I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Ref1 too but the only thing I'm still curious about is the soundstage compared to the original 1plus2, which I adore. Should I expect much the same? Or might there be a notable difference?

Cheers all

Hi Craftyclown! I believe we met in another thread recently.

Anyway, first thing I should say is that there quite a few who own all the Tralucent IEMs. I also have the original 1p2 and the new iteration 1p2.2. I understand what you mean by the soundstage. :)

Well, with regard the Ref1 Too, you must remember that whilst the Ref1 Too has almost as wide a soundstage as the 1p2s, what the Ref1 Too does very well with its excellent bass that has a nice slow organic decay. Because of this, sometimes people mistakenly think the Ref1Too has a smaller soundstage. I like to think of it this way: it has excellent depth of soundstage and good layering in the soundstage. It makes for a wonderful listening experience. Very 3D and realistic.

So, you get not just width but also excellent depth.

I'm sure others Tralucent owners will also chip in. :)

I hope I've been able to be of some assistance in your quest.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,954 of 4,426
My opinion isn't much help because I've not heard Ref.1 Too.

My original Ref.1 soundstage with the Tralucent Dac is wider than my original 1Plus2.

I don't think there's much to worry about Crafty Clown in this regard. I do find soundstage tip/source/synergy dependent (to a percentage) and there's no real saying the outcome. For example, my 1Plus2.2 with AK300 has a narrower soundstage than with iBasso DX90. The original 1Plus2 has a wider soundstage with the Tralucent DAC than the iBasso DX90. Its just a real mixed bag until you try. And definitely not a more expensive source will always have a wider the stage. Just my personal experience.

I do know for certain without asking Gavin wouldn't be seen making an earphone with a small soundstage.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3,955 of 4,426
Going from memory, they are very similar. The Ref 1 Too and the 1p2, that is. I would definitely recommend getting a listen first though. Ref 1 Too has lots of wonderful bass... If you aren't a bass lover, you may not like them.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #3,956 of 4,426
It's too late! I've got them! Mwah ha ha ha.

Many thanks to @sonickarma for feeding my sickness :grin: (Lovely guy who dropped everything to let me come straight over and pick them up)

@warrior1975  I love me some bass, so I very much doubt I'm going to be disappointed.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #3,957 of 4,426

Many thanks to @sonickarma
for feeding my sickness :grin: (Lovely guy who dropped everything to let me come straight over and pick them up)

@warrior1975  I love me some bass, so I very much doubt I'm going to be disappointed.

Congrats! Love to hear your views in due course. :)

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #3,958 of 4,426

Many thanks to @sonickarma for feeding my sickness :grin: (Lovely guy who dropped everything to let me come straight over and pick them up)

You are member of rare guild of UK Ref Too owners !!  Possible the last.

I have been demoted to humble peasant  
frown.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3,959 of 4,426
You are member of rare guild of UK Ref Too owners !!  Possible the last.

I have been demoted to humble peasant  :frowning2:

The door is always open to welcome you back in due course, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back