Blue Hawaii SE Pics
Apr 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 42
Yes, its looks quite nice.
Justin sent those pictures to me as well, and it looks more or less what he explained to me 1 year ago.

The final ones will have black chassis' though, so the heatsinks will blend in. I am sure there will be some engraved text on the front panel as well.

Can't wait to see the end result!
...and that he hopefully will build another batch if I decide to buy one.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosceptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My mistake. I wasn't authorized to show them.

Bummer, dude!
redface.gif

Any idea what the street price on that baby is likely to be and what kind of sound and features Justin is aiming for in that design?

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer, dude!
redface.gif

Any idea what the street price on that baby is likely to be and what kind of sound and features Justin is aiming for in that design?

Its a limited edition amplifier. Of which 13 units will be produced, and where every one have been covered for. I believe the price is $4,500

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 42
I saved them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 42
So besides exclusivity, what are you getting for your $4500?

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So besides exclusivity, what are you getting for your $4500?

A well built KGBH (Kevin Gilmore Blue Hawaii). Which is a hybrid (solid state and tube) electrostatic amplifier.

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 42
I was totally psyched when Justin sent those pics - really can't wait for the final product!

Justin mentioned that he's made some more changes that ultimately resulted in using even better parts than originally planned; it should be the best product Justin has created to date.

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A well built KGBH (Kevin Gilmore Blue Hawaii). Which is a hybrid (solid state and tube) electrostatic amplifier.

Not to sound obtuse but why would I order a custom built hybrid stat amp?
What would I expect to hear for my extra dough over existing stat amp offerings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back