Blue Hawaii SE Pics
Apr 13, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I think that Santa's the root of all this out of control spending...

WRONG! he is single.
wink.gif
That is how he can have that many toys.
icon10.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotchya okay.

When i was reading like crazy to get a Stax set up i saw a lot of your postings, are you on his list or is that confidencial?

I am not on the KGBH SE list.
Simply because I refrain from ordering a $4500 device blind. Will first make up my mind when I see pictures of the end product. Then pray for a second batch, if I decide to go for one.

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tis a dangerous thing to ask what can be spent on this hobby of ours.

Well, ultimately - who cares? Spend as much as you can! Get closer to the music that moves you. The music that makes you want to shout out the lyrics as loud as you can. The music that you grew up with. The music that you just heard. I want to be inside it, having it flow inside my head...posessing me...

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh? He lost the amp by posting the picture??
eek.gif

Just joking,.. of course. I've only met Justin once, but he doesn't seem like he has a mean bone in his body. In fact, I've met all the more visible headphone amp designers we talk about around here, and they've all seemed like very cool guys. I wish I could say the same thing about the speaker amp designers/distributors I've met!
Can't wait to hear the impressions and see pics of the upgrades that Justin has come up with.

Apr 13, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I refrain from ordering a $4500 device blind."

Make since to me but everything i've read about it sure make it sound tempting w/ a pair of omegas.

If sound quality were the only factor I would have placed my order a long time ago. But I care a lot about aesthetics as well, and then I need to see the actual product to make up my mind.

Will it match the looks and design of the Aristaeus? Thats what I am wondering about..
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #38 of 42
You could order it and sell if you don't like the aesthetics. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to sell it here.

The Aristaeus is my first multi-thousand amp. I never knew how good it was before I got it. I don't regret, and I will keep it forever.

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If sound quality were the only factor I would have placed my order a long time ago. But I care a lot about aesthetics as well, and then I need to see the actual product to make up my mind.

Will it match the looks and design of the Aristaeus? Thats what I am wondering about..
rolleyes.gif

I can't be certain if the final aesthetics of the KGBH SE will be on par with the Aristaeus, but Justin has stated that he's using the same methods as he did with Aristaeus to engrave the case.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #42 of 42

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to sound obtuse but why would I order a custom built hybrid stat amp?
What would I expect to hear for my extra dough over existing stat amp offerings?

An amp that will drive the Stax SR-007 to near its full potential.
cool.gif
That's what the Blue Hawaii was originally designed to do and the KGBH is HeadAmp's take on Dr. Gilmore's design. The SE is the "extra testosterone" version.

"to NEAR it's full potential." Disappointing
eek.gif
but anyways is the KGHD SE the same as the BHSE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back