Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Jul 15, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #61 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just get the ad700's

Oh, i would've thought the A700s would have been the ones to go for out of the ATs. Won't they produce better bass, being closed, which would be better for gaming?

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #62 of 97
yah, fine those will be good then. this thread ahs been beaten to death already

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #63 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yah, fine those will be good then. this thread ahs been beaten to death already

Hahaha, it's sooo ture!
There's only so much 'talking' about it you can do. Mansize, you are at a point where you won't learn much more........... you have to now hear them for yourself.

Don't even bother with an amp at this point. Get the headphones, save a lot of money, and BE HAPPY! Then if you get an itch to try an amp, DAC, etc later down the road you can have plenty of time to read up on them and try them out yourself.

Get the Beyer DT770pro 80ohm and the Audio Technica A900LTD. Compare both, and then sell which ever you don't like (or keep both).

My vote goes to the Beyers.

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #65 of 97
I know its too late to reopen this thread but I am going to buy these phones in coming week . . .

I am an avid CounterStrike player and a metal + rock head.

I want versatile phones for my 1st real headies.

Please help me out !!
I am confused between these and ath m50.

I listen to all genre of music but more incline intto metal and rock.
Slipknot,metallica,megadeth,linkin park,soad,coldplay,etc

ty a lot !!

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #66 of 97
Which version are you looking to buy? I bought the dt 770/250 and I would highly recommend them. They are just a good overall headphone that is fun to listen to. You will love them for the music you listen to but...

They are closed phones so the soundstage will not be that great for gaming especially competitive on line shooter like CS. The soundstage will open up with open cans. The hd598 would be great for competitive gaming but is a very different sounding can. Maybe the dt990 series would be a better choice for you. I have both and they are both very good.

Good luck...

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #67 of 97

Quote:
Which version are you looking to buy? I bought the dt 770/250 and I would highly recommend them. They are just a good overall headphone that is fun to listen to. You will love them for the music you listen to but...

They are closed phones so the soundstage will not be that great for gaming especially competitive on line shooter like CS. The soundstage will open up with open cans. The hd598 would be great for competitive gaming but is a very different sounding can. Maybe the dt990 series would be a better choice for you. I have both and they are both very good.

Good luck...

I can afford an amp maybe a fiio e6 but these are my first headphones so I dont wanna make it to complex !!
I will go with 80 ohm.

Just tell me are they fun to listen to ? and do they play metal and rock well ? because I heard a lot about them being too much bassy.

What about ath m50 ?

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #68 of 97
I didn't like rock on these. well not not like but it didn't do them as good as I would have liked and there were some major flaws i detected. the highs would crackle and fall out of place, it didn't even get harsh, it was nearing it and then..pop off it goes unable to keep it up and the lows were a bit loose. they were not burnedin, brand spanking new from box, so i didn't count that against them maybe. However I heard a fellow Beyer head fi'er say that that is a problem with the 770/80 throughout..i can't accept or deny that post but just know it's there

Like Matt Said open headphones would offer better "soundstage" results

The 770/80's don't..need an amp per say but it would require one if you want to rock it. i put in a decent amount of power with my amp..i wasn't able to test it with ipod, but i guess it will get loud enough..just enough.

Have you looked at Ultrasone's? They have a slightly wider soundstage than most closed can's as they have S-Logic Plus technology on them, offer better performance than 770/80(IMO, but the 770/80 were not burned in as opposed to my 300 hour+ HFI's) ...but are less comfortable than 770/80 by a long shot.

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #69 of 97
I would definitely go with the Beyers over the m50's. Never did like the clamping force of the m50's. Beyers are incredibly comfortable. I'm ashamed to say that I have not done much gaming lately and have not even tried out the dt990's with gaming. I'll give it a go and let you know. CS you said?

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #70 of 97

Quote:
I didn't like rock on these. well not not like but it didn't do them as good as I would have liked and there were some major flaws i detected. the highs would crackle and fall out of place, it didn't even get harsh, it was nearing it and then..pop off it goes unable to keep it up and the lows were a bit loose. they were not burnedin, brand spanking new from box, so i didn't count that against them maybe. However I heard a fellow Beyer head fi'er say that that is a problem with the 770/80 throughout..i can't accept or deny that post but just know it's there

Like Matt Said open headphones would offer better "soundstage" results

The 770/80's don't..need an amp per say but it would require one if you want to rock it. i put in a decent amount of power with my amp..i wasn't able to test it with ipod, but i guess it will get loud enough..just enough.

Have you looked at Ultrasone's? They have a slightly wider soundstage than most closed can's as they have S-Logic Plus technology on them, offer better performance than 770/80(IMO, but the 770/80 were not burned in as opposed to my 300 hour+ HFI's) ...but are less comfortable than 770/80 by a long shot.

Ty for instant reply !

I looked at Ultrasone HFI 780 I guess.

Your opinion about them ?
I heard they good for metal and rock but their design is very loud for my taste [that silverish finish *yuks*]

Beyers got more class !!

Anywayz have you tried Ultrasone HFI 780 ?

So basically you saying beyers can run metal and rock but they will be nothing great [just normal phones] for that genre right ?

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #71 of 97

Quote:
Ty for instant reply !

I looked at Ultrasone HFI 780 I guess.

Your opinion about them ?
I heard they good for metal and rock but their design is very loud for my taste [that silverish finish *yuks*]

Beyers got more class !!

Anywayz have you tried Ultrasone HFI 780 ?

So basically you saying beyers can run metal and rock but they will be nothing great [just normal phones] for that genre right ?

I didn't like their look too. but they grow on you. im also a young one

I haven't tried HFI 780 but everyone says it wasn't very different, so I just went and put an +2 to +4dB on the treble of my HFI 580's and that's really it. the guy from drowning pool uses them to record btw

yeah. basically but remember i had a listen wtih a non burned in model, if that means anything to you, some swear by burn in some don't. it had a good nice sound signature, heck i liked it, it was so ooooo comfortable but..had some problems sonically for me.

I thinkt he HFI's....rock everything.....and ..I don't know what it doesn't do well, sure more specific heapdhones like my Shure's do rock better, but really ...I like the ultrasone's(they are easier to drive than 80 ohm beyers)

if you are able to, go test them out at a guitar center or soemthing. what we think isn't as important as what you think, testing them out personally is more important :) and remember, that while comfort may not be on your list right now..it will be so the Beyer's are still on the list, they just don't do some things as good sonically but is an overal superior overal heapdhone as it's comfortable, has a not as attacking sound signature as Ultrasone's(this could be good or bad depending on if you like a more forward agreesive or laid back one, mainstream and most genre's prefer the more forward one) but what it has against it is the price, it's more expensive than the HFI's,  and is harder to drive, plus they feel like they will get "crushed" more easily if they are in a back pack or something. I also didn't like the internal driver mesh it had, it was..poor quality..well not poor but reminded me of what Bose had..just a thin flap of skin that moved around a bit too much for my tastes, it didn't affect anything but the Ultrasone's Slogic technology...hha..gives it a mad solid base

please don't use this against the Beyer's. it's jsut that i personally liked the rigid metal feel of the Ultrasone's and not that very movable flap on the Beyer's.

If you wear glasses get Beyer's...you do not want an ultrasone clamp on your glasses....

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #72 of 97

Quote:
I didn't like their look too. but they grow on you. im also a young one

I haven't tried HFI 780 but everyone says it wasn't very different, so I just went and put an +2 to +4dB on the treble of my HFI 580's and that's really it. the guy from drowning pool uses them to record btw

yeah. basically but remember i had a listen wtih a non burned in model, if that means anything to you, some swear by burn in some don't. it had a good nice sound signature, heck i liked it, it was so ooooo comfortable but..had some problems sonically for me.

I thinkt he HFI's....rock everything.....and ..I don't know what it doesn't do well, sure more specific heapdhones like my Shure's do rock better, but really ...I like the ultrasone's(they are easier to drive than 80 ohm beyers)

if you are able to, go test them out at a guitar center or soemthing. what we think isn't as important as what you think, testing them out personally is more important :) and remember, that while comfort may not be on your list right now..it will be so the Beyer's are still on the list, they just don't do some things as good sonically but is an overal superior overal heapdhone as it's comfortable, has a not as attacking sound signature as Ultrasone's(this could be good or bad depending on if you like a more forward agreesive or laid back one, mainstream and most genre's prefer the more forward one) but what it has against it is the price, it's more expensive than the HFI's,  and is harder to drive, plus they feel like they will get "crushed" more easily if they are in a back pack or something. I also didn't like the internal driver mesh it had, it was..poor quality..well not poor but reminded me of what Bose had..just a thin flap of skin that moved around a bit too much for my tastes, it didn't affect anything but the Ultrasone's Slogic technology...hha..gives it a mad solid base

please don't use this against the Beyer's. it's jsut that i personally liked the rigid metal feel of the Ultrasone's and not that very movable flap on the Beyer's.

If you wear glasses get Beyer's...you do not want an ultrasone clamp on your glasses....

So the Ultrasone are better than beyers in the rock and metal department right ? [better by miles ?]

Beyers beat them only on comfort level right ? [by miles ?]

P.s :I dont wear specs so Ultrasones wont be a prob :p

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #73 of 97

Quote:
So the Ultrasone are better than beyers in the rock and metal department right ? [better by miles ?]

Beyers beat them only on comfort level right ? [by miles ?]

P.s :I dont wear specs so Ultrasones wont be a prob :p

not by miles..but it's noticeable to me, and remember my time isn't as long as people that have the two. if we can get them here that would be awesome but personally i found that my HFI 580s with an treble EQ are very good for rock and also are very bassy IF I WANT

and yes..beyers beat ultrasones in comfort by miles.....this is legit true.

ultrasone's also clamp down a lot. i don't mind them. some do

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #74 of 97
770 80 ohm are a bit boomy if you try and feed them sub bass without any amping, if you hook them to an amp they're very controlled but can still be cranked to brain mushing levels if you so desire.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #75 of 97

Quote:
not by miles..but it's noticeable to me, and remember my time isn't as long as people that have the two. if we can get them here that would be awesome but personally i found that my HFI 580s with an treble EQ are very good for rock and also are very bassy IF I WANT

and yes..beyers beat ultrasones in comfort by miles.....this is legit true.

ultrasone's also clamp down a lot. i don't mind them. some do

So Ultrasone it is !!

Ty a lot

Can you do a fast con list on Ultrasones

like what did you hate about them ?
their drawbacks,etc ?

Also I wont go wrong for my 1st phones with Ultrasone HFI 780  right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back