Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #107 of 154

I've tried two similar ones with no success. 
redface.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #110 of 154
Btw...they did eventually get back to me and offered a replacement cable but that day I noticed that I could also get the USB cable to make the music cut out (with a wiggle of the cable). So I just sent it back to amazon. Thinking about just picking up a DAP instead.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #111 of 154
Hello ladies and gents, couple of questions I'm looking answers for on this product:
1) Does it do line-out when plugging to a desktop amp or receiver or is it essentially double-amping?
2) Is it too powerful the most sensitive of IEMS?

Thanks in advance, I might be joining the A200 family depending on those two.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #112 of 154
Well, mine's been delayed, but to compensate I'll be getting a new one rather than used for the $165 I paid. I must admit I'm excited about this purchase.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #113 of 154
  Hello ladies and gents, couple of questions I'm looking answers for on this product:
1) Does it do line-out when plugging to a desktop amp or receiver or is it essentially double-amping?
2) Is it too powerful the most sensitive of IEMS?

Thanks in advance, I might be joining the A200 family depending on those two.

In addition to the two questions:

Can someone test this with their android and Pandora or Spotify?

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #114 of 154
I've been looking at this but have come to the conclusion that the potential benefits are outweighed by the hassle of carrying an extra box, and also that the latest iDevices have pretty good quality output anyway.

Anyway as part of my research into this I came across a PDF from Beyer that lists what devices are compatible:

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/media/usermanual/DAT_A200p_DE-EN_compatibility-list-V3-20140606.pdf

Note that for those of you who are struggling with the iPod classic and the A200p, you don't need to struggle any more - it's officially not compatible - sorry.

Apologies if this PDF has been posted here before, but I simply don't have the time to go through 10 or so pages just to find out.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #115 of 154
Got one of these to compare to the AK120 II. It's an entirely unfair comparison, because the AK120 II is an amazing DAP, but the a200p isn't bad at all (using my Note 3 as a source). Anything that small that can still drive most orthos (T50RP, LCD-X, and Oppo PM-1) is pretty impressive, in my book.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #116 of 154
Well, got my new a200p and took it for a walk. It certainly is an improvement on the sound of my phone, seemed to work well with my Dunu DN-K too. I wonder if I should find a case for holding the two, seems promising for a good portable setup to bring everywhere.

Wow, I'm quite glad the dots came with it, that is one obnoxious volume dial otherwise.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #118 of 154
Given my tendency to multitask, I've started watching movies on my iPad while at the computer using the A200P and an on ear Momentum.  It certainly makes Netflix a more immersive experience.  I had been just plugging straight into the ipad, but remembered to get the lightning cord out of the box and start using it.  I love this nifty little device.  I might try something silly for my next movie experience with this device.  I have a nvidia shield tablet, who's controller has a headphone jack, which makes me wonder if I can use this as a dac/amp on the controller itself for a remote headphone hookup.  Possibly a little convoluted, but more than anything I'm certainly curious if it'd work.  It's too bad given the month of silence, this is probably an overlooked toy.

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #120 of 154

While not quite as compact, a very viable alternative is the Apogee One.  It comes with adapters 30 PIN and Lightning connectors along with a USB connector for connecting to a MAC.
 It contains a great DAC, 3.9V output (more that thrice that of the Beyer) and it's also a great recording interface. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back