Best RCA cables for the money
Mar 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #76 of 159

Quote:
  I will say you are the very first person who has actually listened to both cables and didn't hear a difference.

OMG......Heidegger knows whether every person on Earth has tested these cables AND that they did or did not detect a difference.

Are you God?  And if you are, could you please tell your Catholic child molesters to knock it off?  Thank you.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #78 of 159

Quote:
OMG......Heidegger knows whether every person on Earth has tested these cables AND that they did or did not detect a difference.

Are you God?  And if you are, could you please tell your Catholic child molesters to knock it off?  Thank you.

Obviously -- or perhaps not so obviously -- I meant anybody I know. Not that I know Uncle E, but he was literally the first person I know of who didn't hear a difference between the stock Senn cable and the Cardas.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #79 of 159
Quote:
Obviously -- or perhaps not so obviously -- I meant anybody I know. Not that I know Uncle E, but he was literally the first person I know of who didn't hear a difference between the stock Senn cable and the Cardas.

I like that it took you a month to post a response, and yet you still did.  That dude's probably long forgotten about this thread by this point.

May 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #82 of 159
I recommend ThatCable for all of your cabling needs. The reason being build quality and price.

May 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #84 of 159
I can't help but point out that the effects of Godwin's law have been demonstrated here, and it's only page 3. Perhaps the validity of boutique audio cables have a higher coefficient of Nuremberg-probability than less hotly contested topics such as religion and the assassination of JFK.

References: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law (Yeah I referenced wikipedia, there are limits to my scholarly talent)

I'm terribly sorry, but I've been waiting for an excuse to invoke Godwin's law ever since I witnessed my first epic cable debate here on head-fi. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I think it's a smart thing to keep Nazis out of this,

May 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #85 of 159
Here's a quotation from my amp's User Manual that should get everybody's hackles up: "The Linear USB offers superb sonic quality. To ensure best possible results, you should use the best quality connecting cables that you can afford. Regular maintenance involves keeping all connections clean using a quality contact cleaner."-- page 2

May 6, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #86 of 159
Heidigger, what does the manual's author base that on? Just because they wrote it doesn't mean a thing. I can write a manual that says that cables and cleaners mean nothing. Would my manual have the same weight as your manual? If so, how would you reconcile the contradiction? Also, appeal to authority is one of the classic logical fallacies.

If you want to appeal to testimonials, then I assert that that cables mean nothing. I've listened to several and they're all the same. I've also had quite a few audio devices from the 1940s through the 1960s. I've never noticed a difference with the old contacts/connectors. Even a good bit of corrosion doesn't matter.

Sure, that conflicts with popular cable mythology. But I've never seen any evidence to the contrary. If you have some, please post it.

May 6, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #87 of 159
Gee UE, I think we should start another DBT thread, on manuals... :wink: 

I think you should start a trend using DIY coat hanger IC's, include published frequency response curves, distortion and FFT graphs, including manuals for break-in and direction, sell 'em cheap!

Speaking from authority? Isn't that what you're doing by citing your own personal opinions and experience? It's just your opinion, "I've never noticed a difference..." Why should we take your opinion over anyone else's? Because you never noticed a difference? Who cares what you have and haven't noticed? 

You're mixing your own personal experience and testimonials with "evidence." Which is it going to be?  

May 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #89 of 159
if you don't mind DIY you can make cheap high qaulity rca jacks with 16 gauge or thicker. not very hard. just need to know what's the ground and hot terminals. you can google it to find out. i mean most rca jacks are fine especially if about 12ft or under be fine. i like to use monoprice as well sometimes. they offer nice prices for cables.

May 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #90 of 159
cables really don't matter or price. it depends on the measurement and gauge for that measurement use. most rca jacks be more then fine and if you need to clean some contacts then some radioshack cleaner work great for lubercating and deoxidizing the contacts if needed.

Quote:
Here's a quotation from my amp's User Manual that should get everybody's hackles up: "The Linear USB offers superb sonic quality. To ensure best possible results, you should use the best quality connecting cables that you can afford. Regular maintenance involves keeping all connections clean using a quality contact cleaner."-- page 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back