Best RCA cables for the money
Dec 18, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #152 of 159
The best RCA analog interconnect cable for the money remains the Blue Jeans LC-1 cable.  While a few other cables equal it, none cost less.  As to equaling it Blue Jeans includes instructions on other possible good cables.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #153 of 159
The best RCA analog interconnect cable for the money remains the Blue Jeans LC-1 cable.  While a few other cables equal it, none cost less.  As to equaling it Blue Jeans includes instructions on other possible good cables.

Out of sheer curiosity, how do you know it's "the best?"

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #155 of 159
While the 'Blue Jeans LC-1 cable' is not the only best interconnect cable, it is:

Easily obtainable
Budget priced
Well documented

If you read the Blue Jeans pages, you will see other options:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/index.htm
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/LC1-design-notes.htm

Much of this only matters with longer interconnect cables (over 10 feet)

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #156 of 159
I just use Mediabrdige and Kabeldirekt. All affordable and I haven't noticed any issues with any of them.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #158 of 159
First it's RF for radio frequency interference; not FR. secondly, none of the monoprice are any good in the silent parts of audio reproduction due to their very poor rf rejection. I have tried nearly everyone of their supposed premium interconnects. Once I've switched to the more shielded cables (high end double shielded with 100% strand + foil wrapping types) with low inductance and low capacitance, noise floor dropped significantly.

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #159 of 159
3) Are there any other *good quality* RCA interconnects in the sub $100 category? The Blue Jeans cables seems to be the most reasonable so far, but for me anything nearing $90 is borderline silly, unless it's a power cable.

Audio-Technica Art-Link or Rexat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back