best in-ear ear bud under $50 and is DAC or headphone amp is best under $30?
Sep 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

MadhawaL

New Head-Fier

can u guys give me a little help to select a pair of ear-buds and DAC or head phone amp.
what is the best in-ear ear bud under $50 and is DAC or headphone amp is best under $30?

i'm a fan of solid tight and punchier bass, as well as clear detailed mids, and crisp and detailed highs. overall well balanced sound. can  give me a little help?

thanks.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 35
Most IEMs are so easy to drive, no need for a headphone amp. Better to put all of your budget towards good ones and forget about the DAC/amp for now.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 35
my asus k46ca ultrabook's sound output  is not good enough. :frowning2:  coz of that reason i'm looking for a amp or dac.

is this one good?
creative sound blaster X-Fi go pro

or pls giv me a good solution for enhance my audio output..

as well as please give me advise on pair of good earbuds. 
im looking for good overall well balanced sound with good bass.

i looked for VSonic GR06 , Vsonic VSD3S , VSonic VC02 and UE 600. please give me little help. which one is best? or any other devices for this budget? i can go upto $60. (poor me) :) 

hope a reply from you. thanks.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 35
switching from the pc's ordinary onboard sound to a simpliest creative sound card is making a huge difference in sound quality. but switching from a lower to a higher model between sound cards do not give enough benefit. i don't know about mobile world but i suggest you to keep this information in your mind.

don't feel yourself bad because you are on this price range, there are very good models around. you just need to select the correct one. if bass is your main concern, i can suggest you to pick something from koss. Vsonic VSD3 series is also good. i have both KDX100 and VSD3 and i can say they are nearly identical, while koss offers a little bit more bass and more recessed treble compared to vsonic. they both sound good. their frequency seperation is very good. you can easily distinguish the bass, treble and vocal sounds in a very big atmosphere.

but they are also "hard to equalize" earphones. they come with a lot of strong bass frequencies (250-500hz especially) amplified which might require a lot of equalizer lowerings to sound true with certain types of sounds, they somewhat hard to use because of that.

i can also recommend brainwavz r1, it's mid acoustic is a little bit more true sounding than kdx100-vsd3 imho but it is not the perfect earphone either. comes with 2khz frequency ampfilied which again is gonna need an equalizer to sound normal, but not as bad as them  r1's bass is more deep oriented, not strong as the others thus we can count it is one of easy sounding models. frequency seperation is not strict as them either.

if you are not familiar with terms like "soundstage", "seperation" etc. i mean if you a newbie to this world. try reading reviews and advices carefully and buy a model, then try to understand above spoken terms with your own experience. only then you can start to analyse what you actually need and how to select the correct one. or you can try to buy & sell everything which is going to cost you a lot money as i experienced :)

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 35
thanks vaziyetu for the detailed reply. its very kind of you. :)

i experienced the on board and dedicated sound card difference, the day i bought creative audigy card. :) OMG!!!
because of that reason i'm looking for a device to replace my damn in built sound. 

i love a deep and punchy low end,
                                                            But not only the bass is in my mind. i want a mid range that balanced properly with the low end and maintains the same impressive levels of clarity and detail. as well as want very smooth, inoffensive detailed highs.
i read lot of reviews in headfi. i think vsonic offers top notch products for the lower price range. coz of that, i selected some products from them, but still cant decide which one is the best.

Vsonic GR06
Vsonic VSD3S
Vsonic VC02

can anyone help me with this selection? again thanks for the reply. :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 35
i discovered vsonic gr02 bass edition. it's a steal. i bought it for $25 from lmue. the discount ended but it still has a price advantage. nice product, very nice... i say stay away from GR06 or 07 i'm planning to buy a gr07 just for to try but everyone saying it's nearly the same so just don't bother i say... i'm still recommending koss for slightly more bass but it has some balance difficulties. i stopped recommending R1 after gr02.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 35
hey, thanks buddy. i live in sri lanka, i cant find any vsonic products in our local market. coz of that i can purchase this products only through ebay. there no vsonic gr02 bass edition in ebay. i can only find VSONIC R02 Silver Cable Professional Edition High Fidelity Inner-Ear Earphones

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-R02-Silver-Cable-Professional-Edition-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/271401793187?pt=US_Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3f30ceb6a3

is this is the one u mentioned?

vsonic gr02 bass edition is better than Vsonic VSD3S , Vsonic VC02 ????

again thanks. :))

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 35
i don't know anything about r02 it could different from gr02 but they seems similar for shure. you can buy r02 from penonaudio.com with free shipping with $29 registered member price. gr02 is on lendmeurears.com with $35 price, free shipping again. it's hard to say it's better. i like it more because it is cheap and bass is there and slightly more powerful yet it does not lose anything about frequency seperation and treble clarity is pretty much identical, soundstage feels more deep. in conclusion i like this more.

keep in mind that i only used vsd3 not vsd3s. i don't know about vc02 unfortunately but i generally dislike compact earphones. you can trust vsonic and koss don't worry about it. whatever you buy from this companies worth it's price, especially the lower priced ones :) don't hesitate.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #12 of 35
hey thanks for the opinion. after some googling i think gr02 base edition and r02 is similar  product.  u recommending gr02 BE over vsd3?
r02 and vc02 both product are review in the Multi-IEM Review - 325 IEMs compared in headfi.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-325-iems-compared-nuforce-ne-600x-added-10-30-14-p-990

in that article they reviewed vc02 as a very good product for the money.

what do you think about VC02 Vs GR02BE Vs VSD3 ???

VC02 Vs GR02BE Vs VSD3

thanks. :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #13 of 35
between the vsd3 vs gr02, unfortunately i can't give a certain advice because i don't have them in the same time. my vsd3 was faulty i already returned it. since this two are very similar to each other it's hard to detect the exact differences, especially in my situation. if you got gr02 you don't need to buy vsd3, that's something i can say for sure. but they're not %100 same. there's minor differences, for example vsd3 was coming with 125-500hz bass frequencies amplified. they're more flat on gr02, it seems they wanted it to have more deep bass feeling and they succeeded.

soundstage wise gr02 seems to have more depth on the other hand vsd3 was somewhat vertical, reminded me my koss kdx100. as i said before i liked gr02 more add that the price and i don't think i'm gonna buy vsd3 again. for the vc02, i can suggest you to wait until i get it. because it seems i'll get it before you again, if you continue waiting comparisons without buying anything :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 35
hey :),
thanks again. 

yeah. i'm little bit slower than you, when buying things. i want the best for my money. coz i don't have it extremely. :) go a head buddy. buy vc02. i think its a deal breaker under $100 range. and tell me about it too. :)
do you know any other brands than vsonic? under $50. (balanced sound with good bass)

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back