Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › VSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds

VSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds

Pros: More tips than you will ever use, build quality and sound quality

Cons: Isolation not that great if not using biflange

This is my first ever review so bare with me.  My background in iem and headphones in general is limited.  Reference iem that I own and judged against the gr06 were jvc air cushion, klipsch image s2, meelec m16 and entry level sennheisers.  Soundwise they just blew away every iem I had heard until now, everything sounds better got great bass, mids and highs.

After comparing this to my other iems I finally understood what a veiled mid is, I was missing all this rich mid.  Vocals are excellent, hearing things I did not hear before like breathing or some details on the guitar.  My music preference is rock, mostly heavy metal, power metal, thrash and such genres so I bought these searching for that specifically.  The only thing I would think they need is better highs, just wished those high hats would sound more bright but I fix that with equalization.

You will receive a lot of tips, more than you need.  The only complaint I have about them is that only the biflange provides proper isolation.  I mostly commute for work everyday with a small bus full of people talking and radio on a volume level I would prefer was lower and with the single flanges I hear everything.  With the biflanges isolation is very good, people need to tap my shoulders or signal whenever they want to talk to me since I'm just spaced out enjoying my music.  I would say is hast a 4.5 out of 5, maybe some triflange would improve a little.  I have not tried the foam tips yet.

They are pretty comfortable after a while, if you have never used over the ear ones like me.  You got play around a bit to get proper fit and isolation.

The included pouch is rather nice but just wish it was a tad bit bigger, you feel like you are stuffing those iems in there since the cable is not a cheap thin one.

The only complain I have is that its hard to read the little L and R indications because they are the same color as the nozzles.

Overall I'm very satisfied with them and would purchase other vsonic products without second thoughts.

Pros: Not Fatiguing, Very amazing vocals, Above average Soundstage, Accesories, Classy Looks, Price, Rich and thick sounding.

Cons: Cable too Springy makes it pretty hard to keep it in place, not very detailed.

Brown shiny cable, Over the ear, Unique square housing which is pretty comfortable. 15tips. Durable. What's not to love?

Soundquality: Coming from the Superlux HD668B, the sound on the GR06 is very rich,thick and smooooothh. Non-fatiguing. Vocals are forward and intimate. However, it is not very detailed which makes me hesitant to buy it at first. Bass is no where weak and hit pretty hard.

Pros: Look good, lot of accessories, cheap

Cons: Not treble sparkle, sound too thick for my taste, foam tips don't stay in place

This is my first review, but I tried to give a review based on feeling rather than comparison with other IEMs.

I may be asking too much for a ~ 50$ earphones, but as my first pair of in-ears, and coming from headphones like Hd650 and sr80i's, I expected much more after having read some raving reviews.

It's not bad, I actually like the design, cable and ergonomics, but the sound is way too thick and laid-back. They are not bass-heavy. Bass might be at the same level as mids, but not very detailed and too thick.
Mids are fine. Their best part I guess.
Treble can be more felt rather than heard. Very few sparkle. Makes them rather lifeless especially if you consider that I'm coming from cans like HD25 and Grado SR80i. So you can call me biaised on this point, as I have no experience when it comes to IEMs.

Good value though, considering the build and accessories.

Oh, and the foam tips are really bad. They don't keep their form when you squeeze them, which means that they are almost back to their expanded form before you had a chance to put them in your ears. I later bought some audeos, and "real" Comply tips are like night and day compared to Vsonic's ones.

Pros: Ability to transform , comfort, build, looks

Cons: You can only wear them with the ear guides, lacking in clarity and sound only average in stock form

It's a bit of a dream to find a reasonably priced product that literally with a switch of a button can sound just as good as some of the best in-ears I've tried out. The plug-in that performs this feat is free and very simple and is called TB-EZQ. The increase in clarity, mid and high detail, soundstaging, imaging and overall tightness, crispness and refinement are extraordinary. I said before it's a bigger change than going from 64 kbps to FLAC, but its more like going from listening to the radio on an old receiver to listening to music from a good DAP. I only have the CKM500 and RE-262 to do a side to side comparisons at the moment and GR06 + TB EZQ is winning every round. Not by small margin, its very clear when you listen to all three at the same time which is superior regardless of music choice. Only problem I have with these are a bit of a mid-bass hump that works better for some music than others. Not exactly a problem that is hard to fix.

Pros: Defined and punchy bass, forward mids, crisp highs, great amount of accessories and sturdy build quality

Cons: Mids overpower at times, no chin slider

Build quality is sturdy with a neat articulating nozzle feature that lets you adjust the tip to your liking. The cable is quite memory resistant and has a very smooth texture. The connector is solidly built but the stress relief is slightly lacking, though it should still hold up for a while. However on closer inspection the earbuds actually have slight casting errors, though these are purely aesthetic.

The GR06 are comfortable when worn down, over the ear or when using earguides as included in the package. Their rotating nozzles should be properly tweaked if you want to get the best fit.

For a $60 package these are excellent value considering the amount of accessories which include 15 sets of tips, of which two are foam and bi-flanges. The rest alternate between foam lining and normal PVC/silicon and can be swapped out depending on your liking for bass/warmt or detail. A soft clasp type pouch is included as well.

Isolation is moderate but will substantially cut down on external sound. In terms of sound quality, these are possibly the best for this price and above. These have a very detailed presentation but a very slight bias towards the mids. However the lows are still extremely punchy and far reaching without ever intruding into higher frequencies. The treble is decent and crisp. Soundstage is moderate, but instrument separation is prominent. However, on certain songs the mids seem to create a sort of overpowering signature. For example in Gotye's State of the Art the saxophone is strangely intimate and overpowering in comparison with the drums and xylophone. But overall the sound is very pleasant and revealing of small details that would otherwise have gone unnoticed.

Pros: Beautiful, great cord, fun sound with great placement/soundstage

Cons: Treble is wishy-washy at times

There's a saying, "80% of the quality for 20% of the price". That kind of ratio is hard to find in the audio world unless you're comparing very high-priced items, but in the budget IEM realm, these are as close to that phrase as possible. They have a very similar signature to both EX600 and EPH-100 with about 80% of absolute audio quality, and are less than half price of either. Sound staging is great with forward mids and bass, though the treble is still alive and kicking, just less-so. That's not even to mention the excellent assortment of accessories that Vsonic gives you with just about any IEM they produce. A big feature in this IEM that I don't notice in others is super-strong note preservation in the lower register. Bass notes seem to go on forever in a great way, but never overpower the mids or sound muddy. Sounds like you're right next to an acoustic instrument like bass viola, piano, etc.

Pros: Price, SQ, comfort, accessories

Cons: No chin slider, average isolation

Affordable yet awesome? Look no further!

Vsonic has always been known for cheap earphones with high quality, and GR06 lives up to that name.

Build quality/design: well built and looks durable. I love the brownish-gold color of the cable. I also like the design: minimalist (not the flashy type) but very functional. The only downside I can find is the lack of chin slider.

Comfort: over-ear has always been my personal preference and I find the GR06 pretty comfy, although not as comfortable as the Phonak PFE. The housing is quite small and light, fits my ear better than the Shures, which are bigger. Microphonics is very minimal. I can wear these comfortably for many many hours.

Isolation: slightly above average. The foam tips isolate slightly better. Have not tried putting on the comply tips.

Accessories: for approx. 50$, Vsonic is very generous in terms of accessories. 15 pairs or eartips (including 1 pair of bi-flanges and 1 pair of foam tips), a pouch and a set of ear guides (very useful during exercises) are provided.

SQ: the GR06 is a mid-centric earphone. The mids are nicely textured, detailed and upfront. The bass is quite punchy and deep. Treble is the weakest of all three, being slightly less detailed. Soundstage is average.

Overall, the GR06 is a really great pair of earphones. They simply kick every other earpieces' ass at this price range. I bought this as a replacement for my broken UE400, which is priced 77USD. The GR06 is cheaper but better in almost every aspect. Highly recommended.

PS: a pair of earphones like this needs moar love! Why the hell it is low on head-fi rankings!? Moar reviews and bring it up the ladder!

VSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds
By:

The GR06 headphones from VSonic pack a punch! What counts for more is they come with incredible accessories, which total approximately 55 dollars - for their worth, consider them underpriced - and given their performance, you simply can't go wrong! Studio professionals, music enthusiasts, and recording artists all agree and deem these headphones a considerable step up from stock iPhone earbuds. Upon your first listen, you will be impressed and confident that this was money well spent. With R06's in ears, you'll get much better definition and a clearer stereo image than you've been used to. Stated another way - making an audio / visual analogy - the difference you'll hear in the musical sound quality of 06 headphones is as noticeable as the difference between an HDMI TV and a tube television in picture! Reliability is guaranteed by the company's flawless design principals and wisely-researched selection of materials (no bio-cellulous membrane for the diaphragm, but otherwise this product is almost identical to VSonic's GR07 headphones, which are highly popular in Europe and North America for their sound characteristics and remarkable comfort). Truly an international company for the working class, VSonic offers these flat-out rocking headphones at a steal of a price. If you seek value, reliability and quality in an earbud (IEM headphone), look no further!

BindingElectronics
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherVSONIC
StudioVSONIC
TitleVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEM new model with 15 ear tips
Part NumberGR06