Beats
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #46 of 112
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #47 of 112
The solo2's are 200$... What makes you think they are 2000$

No, I meant that I wouldn't buy them if I had 2000 bucks. I thought that was simple.
Or, taking from South Park (again), "I wouldn't touch that with an 80-foot pole."

Okay, I would touch them and listen to them, but I wouldn't buy them. So there. 
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #48 of 112
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #49 of 112
Subbed. I'm getting kind of desperate with my portable search (Tried the T51p [too bassy but otherwise WAY better than the terrible T50p], HP50 [too big], P7 [sounded weird and the fact that I paid $399 for my HE500 makes paying the same amount for the P7 seem ridiculous], H6 [wonky upper mids], XS [too unrefined], MDR-1R [bleh dat bass], Mikros 90 [I don't know why I expected so much, but I only had to use them for half an hour before deciding to return them], Momentum [kinda like a Shure SE530 but warmer, which is just too warm], K545 [typical AKG upper mids which weren't my favorite; timbre was off], and lots more. I'm 90% sure these won't be my end game portable, but I'd love to hear impressions! 

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #50 of 112
Subbed. I'm getting kind of desperate with my portable search (Tried the T51p [too bassy but otherwise WAY better than the terrible T50p], HP50 [too big], P7 [sounded weird and the fact that I paid $399 for my HE500 makes paying the same amount for the P7 seem ridiculous], H6 [wonky upper mids], XS [too unrefined], MDR-1R [bleh dat bass], Mikros 90 [I don't know why I expected so much, but I only had to use them for half an hour before deciding to return them], Momentum [kinda like a Shure SE530 but warmer, which is just too warm], K545 [typical AKG upper mids which weren't my favorite; timbre was off], and lots more. I'm 90% sure these won't be my end game portable, but I'd love to hear impressions! 
lol. I use akg k240's as my portable with an e11...
1382758414477.jpg

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #51 of 112
1382758414477.jpg

Still curious as to what you mean by "get on my level," but it seems like you're saying that you've got lower-mid-fi gear and are happy with it, is that what you're saying? Correct me if I'm wrong. 
tongue.gif

But srsly tho, @Ishcabible, I wish you luck with finding your ultimate portable...that's a lot of cans, and expensive ones at that. Damn. I'd kill to have just one of the cans that you mentioned. But what can I say? I'm a broke bloke. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #52 of 112
I would've said the pros turned into executives.

I was never impressed with the pros though, UE 6000 sound the same, maybe a little better and they're $70. They're gonna have to come out with something pretty good...

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #53 of 112
1382758414477.jpg

When I had it, I used the Perfect Sound Dido (forgot to mention those...they sucked) and T50RPs in public but I hate stuffing anything big in my backpack right before going into class since I'm already usually late.

Still curious as to what you mean by "get on my level," but it seems like you're saying that you've got lower-mid-fi gear and are happy with it, is that what you're saying? Correct me if I'm wrong. :p

But srsly tho, @Ishcabible
, I wish you luck with finding your ultimate portable...that's a lot of cans, and expensive ones at that. Damn. I'd kill to have just one of the cans that you mentioned. But what can I say? I'm a broke bloke. :D

Haha thanks! It'll get better as you get older. I didn't have much experience up until like last year when I finally bothered to get a job. And if I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be the H6, but it's just so hard trying to justify paying so much for a portable.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #54 of 112
Still curious as to what you mean by "get on my level," but it seems like you're saying that you've got lower-mid-fi gear and are happy with it, is that what you're saying? Correct me if I'm wrong. :p

But srsly tho, @Ishcabible
, I wish you luck with finding your ultimate portable...that's a lot of cans, and expensive ones at that. Damn. I'd kill to have just one of the cans that you mentioned. But what can I say? I'm a broke bloke. :D
nah. I was talking about how its open backed lol. I use a home rig as a portable. :D

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #55 of 112

Try the studio 2.0?

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #56 of 112
I have; they weren't as refined as I wanted them to be, but I did like them as much as the HP50. I'd just prefer to spend something closer to $200 than $300...

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #57 of 112
When I had it, I used the Perfect Sound Dido (forgot to mention those...they sucked) and T50RPs in public but I hate stuffing anything big in my backpack right before going into class since I'm already usually late.

Haha thanks! It'll get better as you get older. I didn't have much experience up until like last year when I finally bothered to get a job. And if I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be the H6, but it's just so hard trying to justify paying so much for a portable.

Ahh, I see.. So your favorite is the H6 as well? God, those things would've been the ultimate headphone for me were it not for their steep price. They were super-comfy on the head, didn't make you look like a total dork when you're outside, and sounded spectacular with whatever genre I play through.
This hobby is pretty damn expensive, I have to say. But oh well, I guess endgame will have to wait,. There are still so many headphones to try and buy, and so many ways for my wallet shrivel up and die (heh :xf_eek:). If I had the H6, my wallet would probably recover from the massive hit it would take (then again, the H6 is worth every penny). Ah well, at least my wallet would dr dead and stay that way until I do. So much to learn, so much to spend...

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #58 of 112
solo2 first impressions

The solo2 - sounds as good as it looks - superb and a step up in sound signature, styling and strength of build - the solo2 has arrived and is a resounding success!

This is probably the most balanced beats model to date and gone is the hip hop only tag that people tagged beats as a one hit genre wonder - the solo2 takes on any genre of music and does it beautifully balanced.

Yes it hits the low notes in Michael Jacksons Billie Jean with it's throbbing bassline, but it's controlled and not in any way overriding the mids or the highs. Vocals feel centred and in the right place with the mids and highs crisp and sharp. No siblance whatsoever or harsh highs, these cans feel at home with anything thrown at it.

One particular improvement is the soundstage, it's just that much more bigger and instrument separation is noticeably improved - everything just feel - right - in the exact place it should be and nothing being over prominent.

Beats has pulled off something I think very difficult that it has set out to do - not isolate it's core customer base that likes a warm signature, yet at the same time by having a controlled tighter bass that might seem a tad reduced, opens up the mids and highs for an overall crisp and vibrant sound that is just a pleasure to hear.

These cans are constructed just as they look - mini Studio's 2.0 and compared to prior models like the most recent monochromatic solo HD's offer considerably more robustness and strength of build. This does come at a compromise in an increased form factor, and added weight, with also a stronger clamping force than prior model, but nothing overbearing at all and the passive noise isolation is improved as consequence, but the pluses far outweigh any small niggles, to what equates to the very best version of the beats solo to date.

The solo2 has a great and most importantly, improved sound signature that is superb for any genre thrown at it, in a gorgeous mini studio design that is more substantial and stylish - a great new beats can that will certainly can it's critics of old.

A resounding success and proof that beats is no slouch resting on its kudos, beats is clearly continuing to improve the quality of its sound signature and of course provide it in a sleek and svelte style that beats does best!

Overall a beautifully built and mini studio style can, with a crisp balanced sound with a controlled punchy bass, good for any genre of music - welcome to the step up - welcome to the new solo2!

solo2 reviewed directly sourced with iPad Air playing iTunes AAC format music files - no amp used.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #59 of 112

solo2 first impressions

The solo2 - sounds as good as it looks - superb and a step up in sound signature, styling and strength of build - the solo2 has arrived and is a resounding success!

This is probably the most balanced beats model to date and gone is the hip hop only tag that people tagged beats as a one hit genre wonder - the solo2 takes on any genre of music and does it beautifully balanced.

Yes it hits the low notes in Michael Jacksons Billie Jean with it's throbbing bassline, but it's controlled and not in any way overriding the mids or the highs. Vocals feel centred and in the right place with the mids and highs crisp and sharp. No siblance whatsoever or harsh highs, these cans feel at home with anything thrown at it.

One particular improvement is the soundstage, it's just that much more bigger and instrument separation is noticeably improved - everything just feel - right - in the exact place it should be and nothing being over prominent.

Beats has pulled off something I think very difficult that it has set out to do - not isolate it's core customer base that likes a warm signature, yet at the same time by having a controlled tighter bass that might seem a tad reduced, opens up the mids and highs for an overall crisp and vibrant sound that is just a pleasure to hear.

These are constructed just as they look - mini Studio's 2.0 and compared to prior models like the most recent monochromatic solo HD's offer considerably more robustness and strength of build. This does come at a compromise in an increased form factor, and added weight, with also a stronger clamping force than prior model, but nothing overbearing at all and the passive noise isolation is improved as consequence, but the pluses far outweigh any small niggles, to what equates to the very best version of the beats solo to date.

The solo2 has a great and most importantly, improved sound signature that is superb for any genre thrown at it, in a gorgeous mini studio design that is more substantial and stylish - a great new beats can that will certainly can it's critics of old.

A resounding success and proof that beats is no slouch resting on its kudos, beats is clearly continuing to improve the quality of its sound signature and of course provide it in a sleek and svelte style that beats does best!

Overall a beautifully built and mini studio style can, with a crisp balanced sound with a controlled punchy bass, good for any genre of music - welcome to the step up - welcome to the new solo2!

solo2 reviewed directly sourced with iPad Air playing iTunes AAC format music files - no amp required!

Great review, I'll try them whenever I have the chance.
Now its just converting the beats haters into beats lovers again, that's the hardest part.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #60 of 112
Would you say it's superior to the M100? The M100 was probably the most disappointing headphone I've owned, considering how much hype they got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back