Beats
Jun 2, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #31 of 112
  When Monster was in charge of making Beats, they had the Studios, Solos, Tours, Wireless and Pros. Since the Studios, Solos, Wireless (replaced by Studio Wireless) and Tours have already undergone a non-Monster redesign (the Mixr and Executive were introduced after the break-up), the Pro remains to the the only one left un-redesigned from Monster's line of Beats.

Ooh I get it now! I thought you ment the monster logo taken off from all except the pro's, cause they did remove it from the pro's.
I doubt they'll make the pro's much better though. Not like the studio's v1 to v2, that was day and night. I'm pretty sure it won't be a real can that would be useable in a studio, it'll probably still have that huge bass.

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #32 of 112

Ooh I get it now! I thought you ment the monster logo taken off from all except the pro's, cause they did remove it from the pro's.
I doubt they'll make the pro's much better though. Not like the studio's v1 to v2, that was day and night. I'm pretty sure it won't be a real can that would be useable in a studio, it'll probably still have that huge bass.

Since the Monster split, the non-Monster Beats Pro has been given more bass, especially from the 40Hz downward. And now I'm jealous. 
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #33 of 112
  Since the Monster split, the non-Monster Beats Pro has been given more bass, especially from the 40Hz downward. And now I'm jealous. 
tongue.gif

Oh so here was a difference.. I owned 2 monster pro's and one non-monster, and I was pretty sure I heard a difference, just couldn't tell what the difference was.
I prefered the monster one's though.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 112

Yeah, right after the split and before the redesign, Beats just took the Monster logos off of the headphones. Which makes me wonder - during that time, did Beats keep using Monster's manufacturing facilities and just simply change the printing machine or whatever to print some other logo (beats, [headphone name] etc.) instead of Monster's logo? If so, why would the sound change from Monster to non-Monster? 

From what I recall, the old Studios sounded the same, and so did the Solo HDs. I'd have to get a "drenched in color" Solo HD to investigate this further, since technically they underwent two changes (Monster-->Monster-style non-Monster, then Monster-style non-Monster-->drenched in color non-Monster) as opposed to only one of the Studios, which simply underwent a rebadging.

I haven't had the chance to compare the Tours or Mixrs pre and post-split, and from what I heard from a JB HiFi (kinda like Australian version of Best Buy) employee, Beats temporarily recalled the Executives (which were released pre-split I think) so they could replace it with a truly non-Monster version.

In short, Beats' product pipeline went crazy during the split.

tongue.gif

No wonder my Detoxes sounded like they lacked bass when I compared them with the non-Monster Pros in the Apple store...

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #35 of 112
When Monster was in charge of making Beats, they had the Studios, Solos, Tours, Wireless and Pros. Since the Studios, Solos, Wireless (replaced by Studio Wireless) and Tours have already undergone a non-Monster redesign (the Mixr and Executive were introduced after the break-up), the Pro remains to the the only one left un-redesigned from Monster's line of Beats.

I'm fairly certain there is monster mixr's...

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #36 of 112
I'm fairly certain there is monster mixr's...

There are, but they weren't redesigned (only rebadged) so I didn't include it in my masterpiece of a diagram.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #39 of 112
Why isn't this thread in the appropriate Equipment Forum?

I don't think the rest of Head-Fi considers Beats as audio equipment, so talking about them here is like talking about fashionable clothes, hence it being in the Member's Lounge.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #40 of 112
The Eagle Has Landed!

Good old Apple had the full range in stock (as they should) of solo2's, & in the end I went for colour grey -
which is quite unusual as it's more bluesy grey - here's a few pics :)

Notice how much smaller the solo2 box is compared to previous monochromatic box!

Apple took my monies - they insisted - wouldn't accept my offer of
trading for my knowledge of headcans consultancy services! :D

More pics here: http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1120243/my-headphones/

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #41 of 112
These look nice, but how do they sound?

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #44 of 112
The solo2's are 200$... What makes you think they are 2000$

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #45 of 112
Sound impressions to follow shortly
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to know what Beats has to offer in their newest set compared to the others! This is going to be their first all new headphone that doesn't have a built-in circuit of any sort, so I have high hopes for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back