Beats
Jun 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #16 of 112
Just checked - my local Apple store opens at 10am - it's 9.05am right now in UK - hope they have solo2 stock ready to rock!
cool.gif

I still have no idea which colour to go for - have to make my mind up in the store
blink.gif

The black one!

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 112
I can't wait to see what Apple-owned Beats is going to do about the next gen Beats Pro. It's the only headphone in the line that remains from Monster's line, so we should be expecting it soon. Maybe they might really put in a 50 mm driver instead of using the same old "Proprietary" Titanium Coated 40 mm drivers!

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #19 of 112

OK beats brethren - I'm off solo2 now - hope to be back laters with my 1st impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

han_solo_beats_by_dr_dre__xl__by_cb3723-d5tu03e.jpg

Dre the force beats be with you...
wink.gif

How many are you going to get?

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 112
Not gone yet - gonna tel the store first to ensure they have stock - else its a 1 hour return drive wasted :confused_face_2:

15mins and I'm calling Apple store - they'd better pick up :mad:

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #22 of 112
How many are you going to get?

Just the 1 pair....

maybe 2...

...nah - just 1 :wink:

*good call on the pics front - advice I got was big pics are ok in moderation - 1 per page max - no consecutive big image dumps - but I'll keep them at a minimum or add spoilers if it causes page upload delays for members :) *

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #23 of 112
I can't wait to see what Apple-owned Beats is going to do about the next gen Beats Pro. It's the only headphone in the line that remains from Monster's line, so we should be expecting it soon. Maybe they might really put in a 50 mm driver instead of using the same old "Proprietary" Titanium Coated 40 mm drivers!

Yeah, you can bet something special is brewing on the Pro front - I'll be checking hifiguy528's YouTube channel for any news - he seems to get everything beats related first :cool:

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 112
Yeah, you can bet something special is brewing on the Pro front - I'll be checking hifiguy528's YouTube channel for any news - he seems to get everything beats related first
cool.gif

He got the Solo2's a few weeks before its release. That's some special treatment!

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #25 of 112
I hope Apple drops some knowledge on us today regarding their purchase of Beats.

I reckon they'll say some marketing blurbs about Beats being the biggest headphone company around and a new member of the Apple family. That's usually about as much as they choose to disclose at these events.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #26 of 112
I hope Apple drops some knowledge on us today regarding their purchase of Beats.

I reckon they'll say some marketing blurbs about Beats being the biggest headphone company around and a new member of the Apple family. That's usually about as much as they choose to disclose at these events.

Probably get a keynote speech from the new Steve Jobs successor (whatever his name is) in front of an audience of apple fanboys, clapping on que, informing us all that they have re-invented headphones, like they did with the smartphone, tablet yada, yada, yada :rolleyes:

Wonder if they drag Dre & Jimmy up on stage?

That might turn out to be a lotta fun :D (all wearing beats cans *facepalm*)

Time to call Apple.....

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #27 of 112
He got the Solo2's a few weeks before its release. That's some special treatment!

Yeah, Tyll doesn't get the red carpet treatment from beats, but guess he ain't that much of a beats fan, though he hasn't been too rough in his beats reviews - apart from his legendary beats solo review - that may have cost him been blacklisted on the beats review headphone list for sure :confused_face_2:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ipZY0qGrA9Y[/VIDEO]​

lol :D

Never heard the original beats solo's - but I guess they've moved on for the better since then by some margin of improvement :)

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #28 of 112

Wait, what do you mean with 'It's the only headphone in the line that remains from Monster's line'?
And yeah a pro 2.0 or something would be awesome, I'm still somewhat in love with the beats pro, I just don't like admitting it :p, mainly because they only do well with bassy genres.

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #29 of 112
Yeah, Tyll doesn't get the red carpet treatment from beats, but guess he ain't that much of a beats fan, though he hasn't been too rough in his beats reviews - apart from his legendary beats solo review - that may have cost him been blacklisted on the beats review headphone list for sure
confused_face_2.gif

lol
biggrin.gif

Never heard the original beats solo's - but I guess they've moved on for the better since then by some margin of improvement
smily_headphones1.gif

The original solo's.. Oh please don't make me relive them..
Take a 5 bucks headphone's mids and highs, put that one on 10% volume, then take out a 20 bucks subwoofer, place it on your head on 80%.
Boom, that's a beats solo.

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #30 of 112
  Wait, what do you mean with 'It's the only headphone in the line that remains from Monster's line'?
And yeah a pro 2.0 or something would be awesome, I'm still somewhat in love with the beats pro, I just don't like admitting it :p, mainly because they only do well with bassy genres.

When Monster was in charge of making Beats, they had the Studios, Solos, Tours, Wireless and Pros. Since the Studios, Solos, Wireless (replaced by Studio Wireless) and Tours have already undergone a non-Monster redesign (the Mixr and Executive were introduced after the break-up), the Pro remains to the the only one left un-redesigned from Monster's line of Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back