Aw these suck.....
Mar 31, 2004 at 12:37 PM Post #61 of 65
Ah I remember that now, but frankly I wouldn't really call it a EX71 mod since you're not modding the EX71 at all. It's more like you're doing a rough remastering and burning an extra copy of all your cd's to work well with the EX70/71. As soon as you switch to a headphone with another sonic signature those new cd's could sound just terrible. It could be a fun thing to try out, but I don't see how it would be worth all the time and effort and not to mention all the cd-r's being used unless you're really desperate to make the EX71 sound better no matter what.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #63 of 65
That EQ mod would work... but hell man, isn't there some sort of protable EQ that you could stick on your player or something?

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #64 of 65
For a portable EQ, you could pick up something from musiciansfriend or a similar recording industry-gear site. I'm not sure where you'd find portable EQ, but it's definitely out there. Another way to approach EQ that I've found works really well...

Find a program to archive your CDs (or if you use MP3s, you're already a step ahead). Apply EQ to your music through winamp or some high-end product you "own" (I "own" Waves Gold and run it through Wavelab, for instance), then burn the CD. That way, you'll have your EQ settings on the go. Sounds ghetto, but it works.

I'm sure you could make your own EQ if you knew a bit about electronics, but I can barely solder, so I'm totally unqualified to comment on that
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #65 of 65
Lol... EQs have complicated circuits, and if not done right, will actually deteriorate the sound quality (the best sound goes through the least amount of electronics)

Baahh... it's way too much work to spend on $30 phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back