Aw these suck.....
Mar 23, 2004 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
I got my hands on a used pair of EX71SL's and all I can say is THEY SUCK. Keep in mind I've been listening to my 4P's for seven months and I have had pair of e5's for a couple weeks now. Why on earth would anyone listen to these crappy cans?

Now I know they are cheap and all, but christ, they are the worst.

Just my .02.

PS. If anyone wants them, I'll send 'em to you for free. But please, only the needy need apply.

Gary

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 65
All my "friends" use it with their iPods and rave on and on about how great it is.... hah.
It'd be wonderful to try them out. :p

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 65
Part of the problem might be that you're used to prime steak, not gristle.
etysmile.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 65
I have a friend in dire need of some of these as she's being driven nuts by all the noise in our building and these, crappy as they are, would help her immensly. If they are still available I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Hmm, surprising how many of us are aquiring both the Ety's and the Shures .
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 65
I love my EX70s. Are the 71s different? I use the tape mod though. I enjoy the isolation.

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 65
if you asked me if there was any difference between the 71's and the e5's last year, i would have said NO. except for about $300. Oh, how well does the ear learn to appreciate true sonic bliss.

Thanks again head-fi.

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by etys rule
if you asked me if there was any difference between the 71's and the e5's last year, i would have said NO. except for about $300. Oh, how well does the ear learn to appreciate true sonic bliss.

Thanks again head-fi.

How did your ears gradually become sensitive?

Mar 23, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 65
Sorry that you are so displeased Ety's Rule (I was the one who sold them to him). I guess I had never thoroughly evaluated them, just because I didn't use them a lot.

Mar 23, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 65
The EX70/71's are the most controversial headphones in history; 50% of the users like them, 50% hate them. For myself, they are ideal for working out with my exercyle and MZ-S1. I find that earbuds pretty much all sound the same, which isn't great by standards comparing them to my ER-4P's.

The EX71's do isolate reasonably well and stay in your ears decently, which is something that few buds can do.

Mar 23, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #13 of 65
I feel the same way about my ex71, but I really got critical after I got the etys.

I still use them for cycling though, the fit is great and isolation is not too much so you can still hear what's happening around you. For cycling there really isn't much competition but these cans.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Mar 23, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 65
I feel the same way about my ex71, but I really got critical after I got the etys.

I still use them for cycling though, the fit is great and isolation is not too much so you can still hear what's happening around you. For cycling there really isn't much competition but these cans... no way are my etys going to be subjected to rain, sweat and grime.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Mar 23, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #15 of 65
I guess you still haven't heard «The Plug».
wink.gif

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back