Audirvana Studio
Nov 26, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #61 of 128
Also, a spinning beachball (Mac) when Studio 1.8.1 starts up, every time. Lots of waiting of the program to start.

The latest version is 1.8.5, release just a few days ago. You might want to try upgrading to see if it helps with your issue.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #62 of 128
The latest version is 1.8.5, release just a few days ago. You might want to try upgrading to see if it helps with your issue.
Thanks, the upgrade fixed the spinning beachball. Not sure what was going on in the earlier version.

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #63 of 128
Same here . Ver 3.5
Don't recognize my library ripped by itunes in alac

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #64 of 128
Just purchased a subscription to Audirvana Studio and it sounds much better than Roon. I like Roon a lot but after hearing the sound improvement from Audirvana Studio I just can't go back to Roon. Cancelled my Roon subscripton (I can always go back I decide later I want to use it again). All my music sounds new - a lot cleaner yet equally or better richness. Bravo Audirvana Studio !

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #65 of 128
Just purchased a subscription to Audirvana Studio and it sounds much better than Roon. I like Roon a lot but after hearing the sound improvement from Audirvana Studio I just can't go back to Roon. Cancelled my Roon subscripton (I can always go back I decide later I want to use it again). All my music sounds new - a lot cleaner yet equally or better richness. Bravo Audirvana Studio !

That was my conclusion (better sound) when I evaluated both of them a while back. Join the Audirvana forum to discuss any issues or feature requests, and to just engage with a great group of like minded users. :)

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #66 of 128
As for sound quality, Audirvana studio is truly impeccable. But personally, I have been experiencing a lot of functionality problems with windows because of the Audirvana app. glitches, frozen screen crashes, etc. Had to uninstall multiple times and still the result is not perfect even though the new update is more stable.

Apr 25, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #67 of 128
I just purchased and upgraded from Audirvana 3.5 to Audirvana Origin and I love the new UI so far. A lot of different features you get from Studio and also has a different tuning than 3.5

The vocals are pushed back a little but you get a better sense of tonal balance and dynamics are still awesome compared to the more brighter and forward tuning of 3.5

You can also check the mastering source origin of every track as long as they're not DSD, and some tracks that I thought were mastered/recorded in HD weren't as I thought.

Apr 25, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #69 of 128
I just purchased and upgraded from Audirvana 3.5 to Audirvana Origin and I love the new UI so far. A lot of different features you get from Studio and also has a different tuning than 3.5

The vocals are pushed back a little but you get a better sense of tonal balance and dynamics are still awesome compared to the more brighter and forward tuning of 3.5

You can also check the mastering source origin of every track as long as they're not DSD, and some tracks that I thought were mastered/recorded in HD weren't as I thought.
I gave the trial version a few hours run right after they announced Origin. They capped the number of times you can check the audio HD profile on the trial version. It is a good feature that should drive some sales. Some adjusting to the new user interface but it is a clear upgrade over 3.5 and is the route to go for future support. Bought the full upgrade the same day. Very pleased Audirvana has decided to add Origin to their line. I am not a candidate for Studio as I prefer non streaming options for my more critical listening sessions.

Apr 25, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #71 of 128
I gave the trial version a few hours run right after they announced Origin. They capped the number of times you can check the audio HD profile on the trial version. It is a good feature that should drive some sales. Some adjusting to the new user interface but it is a clear upgrade over 3.5 and is the route to go for future support. Bought the full upgrade the same day. Very pleased Audirvana has decided to add Origin to their line. I am not a candidate for Studio as I prefer non streaming options for my more critical listening sessions.

Yeah, I don't stream because like some people, I have a large local library that I spent time building. I also like collecting flac albums of music that is not available on streaming like Video Game Music or certain film soundtracks from CDs.

Apr 26, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #72 of 128
If only Audirvana had a server component like ROON does with ROCK and/or Roon Server. I’d throw it onto my NAS or NUC and say “adios” to ROON.

Apr 26, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #73 of 128
There must be apps for that. I keep thinking to try Volumio etc. but I never get around to it.

Jul 10, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #75 of 128
Hello,
Had the pleasure of testing all 3.
To Roon miss one say the operation and the surface and what it contains everything is okay and the best what I have seen.
The only thing that bothers me about Roon is the playlist.
If I want to add a title I have to open Tidal separately so that it is on the Tidal playlist, otherwise Roon throws it on its own Roon playlist.
Soundwise it was okay but not necessarily outstanding.
A few nuances are better in Audirvana and vice versa on Roon.
I found the introduction to Roon totally crap to be honest.
There is not even a lexicon to get to know the Roon language.
Very confusing for a beginner and not up to date.

Audirvana Studio, I found a little more confusing at first than 3.5.
Especially in the settings, I find it confusing and you have fewer options than with 3.5.
I found it more limited, especially with the bit rate settings.
The operation and menu tend to freeze when I tested it.
And a stop button was also missing at that time - you could only pause.
In terms of sound, I would say it was almost the same as Roon.
Roon is just smoother in the end, to be honest.

3.5 remains unchallenged for me,the operation is simply still clear compared to Studio.you can do less than with Studio but you don't necessarily need all that.
I can set my bit rate as I like and it also implements it, which the other 2 don't always do reliably.
Sometimes it's just slow or the songs are mixed wildly.
The only thing that helps is a restart, but okay.
Soundwise 3.5 is still the best I don't know why, it was much more open, smoother in general, more biting in the bass.
When I switched to 3.5 the joy was back immediately.
Apart from that, it costs me nothing.
I have read that there are alternatives with the Raspberry Pi, but unfortunately I haven't tested it myself yet.
But it sounded promising.
Unfortunately, the Pi4 is very much out of stock and I would like to try it out when the opportunity arises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back