Audirvana Studio
May 25, 2021 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

domiji

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi Members,

is anyone using the new Audirvana Studio?

Best
Dominik

May 26, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 124
I will never use Audirvana Studio as I don’t support the renting business.

I rather use the new lossless Apple Music with a hit on sound quality than making those people rich.

May 26, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 124
I am fine with subscription business model. There’s nothing wrong with that.

To me Audirvana Studio is not at that level yet..
But maybe other people look at it differently and the Studio will still be around for the next 5 years, and it keeps getting better and reached the point that makes it worthwhile for me to subscribe.

May 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 124
I don't mind the subscription service, but currently the app is incredibly slow on my 2019 16" MacBook Pro. So I'm going to hold out until it gets properly updated.

May 27, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 124
I have to say that i really love it. The SQ is amazing. Beside of that i think that the Software has still a lot of Bugs that they need to fix urgent if they want to charge people for a subscription...

May 27, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 124
I think the Studio is directed more toward non current users.

I mainly use Audirvana for streaming local files. The streaming service integration, web radios and podcast are not appealing features for me. Soundwise, it is the same as 3.5.

For internet streaming I’ll prefer Spotify by far. Their user experience is still the best. There is no way that Spotify will let Audirvana or Roon to integrate their database, so looks like I wont subscribe after the trial period is over.

May 27, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 124
If Audirvana ever offered a 'server' option (like ROON Server for NAS/ROCK) I'd jump on it.

May 27, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #12 of 124
If Audirvana ever offered a "server" option (like ROON Server for NAS/ROCK) I'd jump on it.

May 27, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 124
If Audirvana ever offered a 'server' option (like ROON Server for NAS/ROCK) I'd jump on it.

Nah, even if they indeed offering the server option, you will compare it first with Roon and for sure with its head start Roon’s will be better. And you won’t jump.

They know that they have to offer something new. So they offer… podcast and web radios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back