Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #871 of 3,093
Quote:
I don't think anybody has both models to compare.
People just buy it because it's cheap and possibly improves the sound - and so did I.

Quote:
Probably little to no audible difference. Since no one has already compared, I decided to take my chances and get it until more info is known about the differences.

Well my thoughts are exactly the opposite: if it gives negligible difference, why have more pieces that could potentially malfunction or fail in the long run? 

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #875 of 3,093
Hi,

Does that improve the sound at all? Can you buy the part after you bought the standard dac, is it hard to put in?

Cheers

Steve.

I would imagine so...they pop right in and out, at least on my DAC. here's an older page showing how to change out the clock on another DAC:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Clock.htm

You can see the two clocks on the 11.32 in this pic:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11.32/NFB11.324.JPG

Best though to email Kingwa to be sure.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #876 of 3,093
Greetings to you all :)

Just recently acquired this great piece of equipment..  I don't have much to say about the sound, because more or less everything has already been told :) It's just excellent :)

I do, however, have a certain problem.
Everything is good (installation went great), but I hear a buzzing sound when I connect my tube amp on this DAC via USB.
The buzzing stops when i disconnect usb cable from computer. I tried all usb hubs and the result is the same.
And the curious thing is that there is no buzzing when i'm listening through DAC itself. It's there only when I connect tube amp.
I checked everything and definitely the problem is not with the amp.

Do you maybe know how to deal with this problem? Or do I have to change to optical cable?

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #877 of 3,093
Quote:

Just recently acquired this great piece of equipment..  I don't have much to say about the sound, because more or less everything has already been told :) It's just excellent :)

Everything is good (installation went great), but I hear a buzzing sound when I connect my tube amp on this DAC via USB.
The buzzing stops when i disconnect usb cable from computer. I tried all usb hubs and the result is the same.
And the curious thing is that there is no buzzing when i'm listening through DAC itself. It's there only when I connect tube amp.

Do you maybe know how to deal with this problem? Or do I have to change to optical cable?

Does it happen on all sample rates? 16/24/32 ... 48/96/192hz? Ground loop on the same electric circuit that needs to be isolated? Plug the amp into a different outlet not on the same circuit as the pc if you have one.

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #878 of 3,093
Yeah..happens on all sample rates.
I thought about the ground loop, but doesn't that produces sound like "brum", and this is more like "bzzzz" :)
I also tried testing for the ground loop, but i don't think it's that.

I just plug it into different outlet and the result is the same. Buzzing is still here.

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #879 of 3,093
Quote:
I would imagine so...they pop right in and out, at least on my DAC. here's an older page showing how to change out the clock on another DAC:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Clock.htm

You can see the two clocks on the 11.32 in this pic:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11.32/NFB11.324.JPG

Best though to email Kingwa to be sure.

Thanks for the information, I email Kingwa too, Do you think it improves the sound with the TOCX

Cheers

Steve.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #881 of 3,093
Quote:

This must cause by the earth loop.
The fix method is change amp's power cable push into other outlet.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #882 of 3,093
Quote:
This must cause by the earth loop.
The fix method is change amp's power cable push into other outlet.

Thank You for the answer but with all due respect, I don't think that is the problem, because i tried with other outlet and the buzzing remains.
But today I put some duct tape on 5V pin on usb cable, and the buzzing sound is considerably lower, almost non existing :)
It appears now only when i turn the pot all the way, which i never do when listening.

So my next step would be to cut that wire which is responsible for 5V in the cable, and then I hope everything would be allright :)

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #883 of 3,093
Quote:
Yeah..happens on all sample rates.
I thought about the ground loop, but doesn't that produces sound like "brum", and this is more like "bzzzz" :)
I also tried testing for the ground loop, but i don't think it's that.

I just plug it into different outlet and the result is the same. Buzzing is still here.

Did you get a chance to try optical?
What tube amp are you connecting to the 11.32?

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #885 of 3,093
Beautiful amp Lourdin. Love the 6DJ8 and 6AS7 tube complement. From the looks of it some tube amps especially OTLs suffer from not getting along with some usb devices in reference to hum/noise/static. I have a couple of them. My workaround for years has been using optical or a usb to spdif converter on those amps when using a pc.
In my current setup with the 11.32 I'm using a tube hybrid and it's dead quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back