Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 3, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3,091 of 3,093
I read more about VIA VT1731 USB interface chip that is inside a DAC, it is claimed to be UAC 2.0 compatible, so it should (in theory) work in Win11 with built-in Windows drivers. However in practice not always. There is another thread on this forum dedicated to Audio GD drivers, but I see, you are already there. :)

When trying to get VIA chip working, you can try additionally:
- enable virtualisation in Windows and in the UEFI setup. It helps with 32-bit apps, it may help with drivers too (depends on your CPU).
- disable driver signing in Windows before installation. You can enable it later, the existing driver will continue working.

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #3,092 of 3,093
I'm pretty sure that Audio-gd bundle their ASIO and VIA drivers together, given their driver installation instructions #1-5 at the link below (scroll down the page):

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm
Wow that's terribly complicated. Just so you know, later Audio-gd devices use drivers that are much simpler to deal with. There is no Via anything.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #3,093 of 3,093
.. .
I read more about VIA VT1731 USB interface chip that is inside a DAC, it is claimed to be UAC 2.0 compatible, so it should (in theory) work in Win11 with built-in Windows drivers. However in practice not always. There is another thread on this forum dedicated to Audio GD drivers, but I see, you are already there. :)

When trying to get VIA chip working, you can try additionally:
- enable virtualisation in Windows and in the UEFI setup. It helps with 32-bit apps, it may help with drivers too (depends on your CPU).
- disable driver signing in Windows before installation. You can enable it later, the existing driver will continue working.

This was a great idea, but sadly has not worked for me. I did both of the above and the problem still persists.

I'm going to get the Douk Audio converter now, but thanks for all your good advice anyway. Hopefully it will help others who come here with a similar problem.

Wow that's terribly complicated. Just so you know, later Audio-gd devices use drivers that are much simpler to deal with. There is no Via anything.

Yeah, so I hear. Definitely a good move!

Thanks again, all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back