Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #886 of 3,093
Quote:

Thank You for the answer but with all due respect, I don't think that is the problem, because i tried with other outlet and the buzzing remains.
But today I put some duct tape on 5V pin on usb cable, and the buzzing sound is considerably lower, almost non existing :)
It appears now only when i turn the pot all the way, which i never do when listening.

So my next step would be to cut that wire which is responsible for 5V in the cable, and then I hope everything would be allright :)

+5V with a ground loop relates directly to it.

It isn't another outlet you need to try, you have to use another circuit (aka try a different room). If that can't be done, Heatfan's method would work.

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #887 of 3,093
I would like to thank you all for every good advice you have given me :)

I already tried the plug it in outlet with no ground protection, and the buzzing was there. But as i said in previous pos,t i think that the main problem is in this 5V, so I will give my usb cable to someone who can cut that wire in it :)
If that doesn't help, I'll switch to optical, but i'm positive about earlier solution :)

And thank you HeatFan. I am very pleased with it :) We have some good DIYers here in Croatia :)
Well, to be honest half DIY, half pro :)

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #890 of 3,093
Quote:
Just received my 11.32 with tcxo upgrades just today after a few days of shipping mishaps. Would be installing it later and pairing it with an BH clone otl amp

Is the clone much cheaper? The Crack interests me, but it seems the amp built into this dac is more powerful.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #891 of 3,093
It's cheaper, however, not exactly BH but almost same design. Mine uses RCA JAN 6AS7 + Toshiba 6CG7. Got it for about 220USD including CCS and film caps for the output coupling and completely built.

In terms of power, I think, my tube amp (7 o'clock) more powerful than the 11.32 (High Gain at 9 o'clock) using a Beyer T1 :)

as for initial impressions, it definitely sounds cleaner than my Musiland 01, wider sound stage, tighter bass.

Currently using WASAPI (event) - set at 32bit / 192K though. Anyone can help with the ASIO? my foobar can detect the VIA asio but the channel mapping is blank. and when I select the VIA ASIO it says failed to initialize driver.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #892 of 3,093
Quote:
It's cheaper, however, not exactly BH but almost same design. Mine uses RCA JAN 6AS7 + Toshiba 6CG7. Got it for about 220USD including CCS and film caps for the output coupling and completely built.

In terms of power, I think, my tube amp (7 o'clock) more powerful than the 11.32 (High Gain at 9 o'clock) using a Beyer T1 :)

as for initial impressions, it definitely sounds cleaner than my Musiland 01, wider sound stage, tighter bass.

Currently using WASAPI (event) - set at 32bit / 192K though. Anyone can help with the ASIO? my foobar can detect the VIA asio but the channel mapping is blank. and when I select the VIA ASIO it says failed to initialize driver.

Just re-install everything based exactly on the AudioGD guide video:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Driver%20install%20video.rar

And it'll work.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #894 of 3,093
Try kernel streaming as well. The USB-32 "via ASIO" is just KS in an ASIO wrapper. On my system, I find KS to sound just as good, if not a little cleaner. And much more stable...never any stuttering, clicks, etc.

I love Audio-gd gear but I sure wish they would release a true ASIO driver. Really my only criticism.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #895 of 3,093
[size=1.1em] Tuesday, August 06, 2013
[size=1.1em] Location[/size][size=1.1em] Time[/size][size=1.1em]  [/size]
[size=1.1em] 16[/size][size=1.1em] With delivery courier[/size][size=1.1em] NORWALK, CT - USA[/size][size=1.1em] 11:32 AM[/size][size=1.1em] [size=0.9em]  
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]  
Gotta love DHL express shipping. I've gotten monitors, light fixtures, and now an amp quicker from Korea and China than I do from domestic shipping.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #896 of 3,093
Quote:
Try kernel streaming as well. The USB-32 "via ASIO" is just KS in an ASIO wrapper. On my system, I find KS to sound just as good, if not a little cleaner. And much more stable...never any stuttering, clicks, etc.

I love Audio-gd gear but I sure wish they would release a true ASIO driver. Really my only criticism.

Would a true ASIO driver really be any real improvement though? Maybe the lack of that is why they never bothered? I mean, it's all bit-perfect outputs.

What I'd love is if the computer could auto-detect if Fb2k is doing KS or WASAPI output, and turn on/off windows sounds automatically based on this in real time. I hate having to refresh youtube pages to hear sound from video because I accidentally did not fully shut off Foobar.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #897 of 3,093
Quote:
Would a true ASIO driver really be any real improvement though? Maybe the lack of that is why they never bothered? I mean, it's all bit-perfect outputs.

What I'd love is if the computer could auto-detect if Fb2k is doing KS or WASAPI output, and turn on/off windows sounds automatically based on this in real time. I hate having to refresh youtube pages to hear sound from video because I accidentally did not fully shut off Foobar.

Well who knows if it would be an improvement. Comparing it to a very good true ASIO driver (CEntrance)...the Centrance driver bypasses the windows audio mixer. The driver control panel is clean and minimal. It is rock solid - no issues at all. No clicks pops, crashes, reinstalls, etc. As it should be.

The Via ASIO is buggy at best. And it still goes through windows mixer (you can mute and control volume in windows) And it's just a KS wrapper!  Just use KS, it's at least not buggy. Not trying to complain, it's just what works best for me. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #900 of 3,093
Thanks. I'll try KS then :)

My OTL amp really makes the 11.32 sound fuller and with good clarity :) good synergy IMO  -- my 11.32 has only 4 hours playback though. 

Currently running ISOTEK cd for the 11.32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back