Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread
Sep 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #61 of 199

Quote:
Well at least you're listening to it. 
wink.gif

I'm excited to give my only 24/96 stuff the first listen once I get it all together. DJ Shadow...Mmmm...

Quote:

It even makes MLP tolerable to listen to, lol

Be careful changing filters on the fly while playing hi-res tracks. Choosing a filter not capable of higher resolution can yield noise you don't want blasting your ears if you listen at higher levels.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #64 of 199

Quote:
@olor1n What's your thoughts on NFB10SE vs. FUN?

I don't have the FUN hooked up at the moment for a direct A/B. I'll set that up over the next few days, but my impression is that the dac is certainly better and there is more grunt (in single ended mode) to reproduce better bass with the LCD-2. With the ADA4627-1BRZ in the FUN and with the HD650 hooked up, the gap may not seem as wide, but I'm fairly positive the SE is more resolving, has better separation and is at least as dynamic. Think the best aspects of Earth (soundstage and transparency) and ADA4627-1BRZ (weight and dynamics) rolled into one. It's that extra little bit I always wanted from the FUN.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #66 of 199
I see. You forgot to add the paypal fee the first time. Then you payed 20$ which covered the paypal fee but not the modification kit.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #68 of 199

Quote:
You felt compelled to post this non issue twice?

Does it bother you? Or is this a forum where you just post positive impressions? If you are allowed to post positive impressions, I'm sure people who spend more than 500 dollar on gear want to know ALL kind of impressions.
If it is allowed to have more than one thread on the same item, why does it bother you?

Edit: Btw, if people don't mind double post:
I "think" the problem has been solved.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #69 of 199
This is a niché, niché market.  It's appreciated when you think twice before accusing small manufacturers of bad service, especially when your "negative" experience is self-inflicted.  

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #70 of 199

Quote:
This is a niché, niché market.  It's appreciated when you think twice before accusing small manufacturers of bad service, especially when your "negative" experience is self-inflicted.  

I'll take the teaching. Though it's not self-inflicted.

Oct 30, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #74 of 199

Quote:

x2

Also I'm about to order and can't decide between the DIR9001 & WM8805. I don't have any 192khz.
I was going to go the WM but several people talk about changing it to the DIR9001.

Can someone with experiance on both please post with a short description of the differences??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back